Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I was approved for the VR set yesterday after getting a S7edge with the double exchange through Verizon..

Let me see if I got this right. You went in to Verizon, traded in your Note7, got a loner S7edge, went on the Samsung Promotion website, registered the s7edge (did you have to scan in a bill showing you paid money for the S7edge?) to get a (black) Gear VR, and have paperwork from the Verizon store showing you can trade in the S7edge for a new Note7 when they are available?
Very sinister (just like your current avatar).

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, the Note7 name is tarnished forever by this recall. Samsung should name the safe replacement phones the Note7.1, Note 7S or a new name all together. They may eventually do this if sales aren't good with the fixed phones. Nikon did this with their D600 camera and renamed the fixed one a D610. The D600 name was tarnished by sensor/shutter issues and sales tanked. The new D610 had the same specs.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Hot Note 7

I was hoping to hang on to my note 7 till I could swap out for a new one. Not so sure now. The phone became pretty hot today while off the charger. Turned it off to let it cool down the battery temp was around 99F. Hasn't repeated since turning it back on but now rethinking continued use. It would be so much easier if Verizon who I pay a 300 a month phone bill wouldnt give so many different answers. I mean seriously setting a deadline of September 30 when the replacements aren't even out yet. I waited specifically for this phone. No other phone comes close.
Mine got "warm" for the first time last night. It was on the charger and I had previously turned on wifi and unbeknownst to me, it was downloading updates for every app that had one ready. I wouldn't say it was "hot" and were there no known issues I wouldn't have thought anything about it but due to the recall, I turned off WiFi and unplugged to let it cool off. I still don't find it a threat but I'm being more careful with it from now until i get my replacement. With my old phone I always charged overnight but I am learning not to do that with this one. I'm just a full battery freak. If it's below 50% I panic. I know.... It's a disorder I'm working on.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think about keeping the device until the s8 comes out? And then exchanging it? They still have to exchange it , even if it's that far in the future?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
What do you guys think about keeping the device until the s8 comes out? And then exchanging it? They still have to exchange it , even if it's that far in the future?
This won't drag out that long we will either have replacements or be under a mandatory recall by that time and you won't have a choice but to surrender the phone cause the carriers can just block the imei's from using their network

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Hot Note 7

FYI people wanting to maybe purchase an S7 edge, and save some money at the same time, it appears stores running low on them. Tmobile store 12 miles from me were out today, and the one 35 miles away only had TWO left. They can always order them, but IMO I wouldn't wait much longer.

IMO this recall is more complicated than first thought it looks like. I wouldn't expect Note 7 any time soon in American retailers. WHy I got the Edge and will see what the S8 Edge brings to the table in the spring.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This won't drag out that long we will either have replacements or be under a mandatory recall and you won't have a choice but to surrender the phone cause the carriers can just block the imei's from using their network
but if it doesn't?

If so, Perhaps do an esn swap before D-day? Then go back complaining once the newer phones come out?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
This won't drag out that long we will either have replacements or be under a mandatory recall by that time and you won't have a choice but to surrender the phone cause the carriers can just block the imei's from using their network

IMO what I'd do is offer an exchange for a S7 Edge and knock off a couple hundred bucks off the Edge for people who are exchanging their Notes for it. I know it's not a Note but at least the closest thing to it and a premium flagship still.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
If you, like me, returned your N7 for a refund and went back to your old phone that had previously then you are out of the loop. You would have to wait and go through the "New Purchase" line after all the others do their exchanges. For me it was worth it because even though I love the N7 and think it is a great phone - there really is no telling when the new ones will be released. I've got my money back. My upgrade is reinstated. And I have this cool Gear Fit2 for my troubles!

I'm not out of the loop, because I'm not going to buy the N7. I'm going with the IP7+ and will more than likely wait for the N8 vs IP8+ next year. Never had a iPhone, so this will be interesting.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This isn't a Note 7 but rather an S7, never seen video before about how it looks, just the aftermath. Still holding on to my Note 7, but haven't turned it on in days, maybe never again.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
By October all this will be a distant memory and everyone who wants to keep their Note 7 will have a replacement with no issues. Iphone 7s turn in the lion's den next. Lets wait and see what happens with that one. Guessing those that are getting the shiny jet black model will get scratched really easy and complaining all over the place. #TheNestAppleFiasco

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how people can even consider the iPhone after this? Apple still hasn't even acknowledged touch gate. And Android is way different

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Why does everything go back to Apple? Samsung is not Apple. Gawd enough of that already. I hope my IP7+ has no issues, but time will tell. I know 1 thing for a fact my N7 isn't my problem anymore since I did as requested and turned it in.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Hyperbole aside on the mortal danger being in a meeting room with someone and a Note 7, Yes :)

The people I work with know my background in batteries and trust my knowledge on the subject. Actually one of the reasons I am working where I am now is batteries. Still exchanging mine when one is available, but mainly due to concerns with warranty and support. The battery on mine is fine, based on Samsung's description of the problem. The are obviously not lying, since the problem the stated is embarrassingly standard to sample before a production run. That and not having a trace process for each device and their batteries indicates a poor process.

My close friend has a PhD in chemical engineering, did his thesis on alternative energy storage and currently works for the navy as a civilian in their energy research department based in Singapore.

He told me I was nuts to be carrying the note around and to dump it immediately.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm not out of the loop, because I'm not going to buy the N7. I'm going with the IP7+ and will more than likely wait for the N8 vs IP8+ next year. Never had a iPhone, so this will be interesting.
Won't be that interesting. You'll probably be bored going from android to ios unless you don't enjoy doing anything with your phone.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Won't be that interesting. You'll probably be bored going from android to ios unless you don't enjoy doing anything with your phone.

These are the kind of statements that don't make sense. YOU might be bored. Everyone is different. Most people do the same thing on their phones: text, email, phone, social media. All the apps they use on one for entertainment they can get on the on the other. Features of the phone like being waterproof or wireless charging do not make you not bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci