Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been having horrible battery life with this phone lately
Don't guess you've gone into device maintenance and done anything about battery. Putting programs to sleep. And optimizing things either huh.
Cleared out junk files on yet phone either huh.
How of her do you cut your phone off And cut it backbone rebooting it ?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
As someone correctly pointed out, it would actually increase chances of an event, since the user would be charging more. Seems a tunnel vision effort to get people to turn in their devices.
Most people don't sound like they know what to do in case of a fire.
So cut the phone off for everybody.
I don't like that idea..

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
For a bad cell, once the anode-cathode start reacting due to lack of insulation, it usually gets worse (never better). If you also have heat, even more reason to turn it in and be safe.
If you don't feel safe.
DON'T worry what everybody else is doing. Go turn your phone in .
People has to do what they feel comfortable with . With what other people do..
I grew up old school.
I can make decisions if something happens. I dont let things like this worry me.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Don't guess you've gone into device maintenance and done anything about battery. Putting programs to sleep. And optimizing things either huh.
Cleared out junk files on yet phone either huh.
How of her do you cut your phone off And cut it backbone rebooting it ?

Yes I know how to do all those things and I usually clear everything out I'm just saying the last couple days I've been having bad battery life

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you don't feel safe.
DON'T worry what everybody else is doing. Go turn your phone in .
People has to do what they feel comfortable with . With what other people do..
I grew up old school.
I can make decisions if something happens. I dont let things like this worry me.

I still have my Note 7 and think the cell is fine due to still no sign of heat or battery issues. In fact, my battery life is the best of any device I have owned by two hours SOT. Still, sudden battery life loss and heat (after subsequent restarts) kind of vectors in with the recall that the battery "might" be bad.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
BINGO. I believe Samsung is simply turning the screws a bit, increasing the hassle factor so that people will turn in their phones for an exchange.

It is funny that Samsung seems to be doing things to invite problems and grow the hysteria. So far no validation on the fires that keep getting recycled in the news that Samsung reacted to after Gizmodo and others badgered the FAA and the CPSC. Then Samsung (who was already investigating) gets involved more publicly and BOOM.

I still respectfully will not be surprised if this eventually turns out to be a two billion dollar (at least) total cost overreaction- spurned by the media.

Added: Samsung already stated that a tenth of a percent of 2.5 million "might" have the problem, but their poor device component management means they do not know where the 2,500 cells are. Since they did not localize the recall, that suggests their production process for cells had a .1% rate out of tolerance. Presuming Samsung are sticking with that.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not the media... Samsung announced the two billion dollar recall. The two or three stories recycled, it was Samsung that said 35 THEY found. They are the ones initiating the recall of all Note 7s made.

I still respectfully will not be surprised if this eventually turns out to be a two billion dollar (at least) total cost overreaction- spurned by the media.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You know this is gonna cost Samsung money.
But what does that have to do wirh you.
Do you have stock in the 300 billion dollar company. Its tax write off for them.
I'm surprised they don't have insurance to cover part of it.

Nothing to worry about with big companies.

And this is not gonna be the last thing to ever happen.
It's always gonna be something.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Samsung said its not just when charging, when using also.
The only thing that Samsung says that I believe are the letters I have been receiving from them either by themselves or +/- Bell and Health Canada. So far I have not seen that information come across.

So far the official situation is to turn off phone and today (Sept 15th) I should hear about how/where to get my 7.1 version.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's not the media... Samsung announced the two billion dollar recall. The two or three stories recycled, it was Samsung that said 35 THEY found. They are the ones initiating the recall of all Note 7s made.

They did not go full 100% aggressive campaign until after the videos and media started badgering about them. No validation- just accusation. Then the hysteria. Soundtrack by Nickelback (not a good thing).

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that Samsung says that I believe are the letters I have been receiving from them either by themselves or +/- Bell and Health Canada. So far I have not seen that information come across.

So far the official situation is to turn off phone and today (Sept 15th) I should hear about how/where to get my 7.1 version.

I'd be interested to know how many people here have actually received any communication about the recall directly from their carrier or Samsung that wasn't initiated by a customer phone call or inquiry. I have heard absolutely ZERO. If I were not tech saavy, and online quite a bit, I would know nothing about this recall.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
........ If the recall includes the devices already staged as replacements, it is pretty much game over for the Note 7. This could result if the audit concludes a systemic failure of QC.

I agree.

If the reports are true and there are fixed ones waiting in the back rooms to be released and CPSC says no dice, I think at that point it might be possible Samsung just moves on to an early S8 release

Its all in the hands of the CPSC right now.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd be interested to know how many people here have actually received any communication about the recall directly from their carrier or Samsung that wasn't initiated by a customer phone call or inquiry. I have heard absolutely ZERO. If I were not tech saavy, and online quite a bit, I would know nothing about this recall.

I got a bunch of emails and text messages from T-mobile saying to turn in my Note 7

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Added: Samsung already stated that a tenth of a percent of 2.5 million "might" have the problem, but their poor device component management means they do not know where the 2,500 cells are. Since they did not localize the recall, that suggests their production process for cells had a .1% rate out of tolerance. Presuming Samsung are sticking with that.

That was one of the initial statements Samsung made prior to announcing the recall... a statement that they have since rolled back from once they concluded the initial investigation and came to the conclusion that it was widespread. Remember that the recall announcement predated the wider media coverage, so that was not in play. Samsung issued a world-wide recall because a substantial percentage of phones were at risk.

They want all of the phones back... and they made that decision early on, voluntarily and before we saw the ramp up of pressure from govt agencies. Continuing to use these phones puts you, and those around you, at an unnecessary risk.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any Note 7 exploding stories from this point aren't getting any sympathy from me. Because now your making the choice to continue operating a potentially dangerous device.

It's not simply people ignoring the recall. A lot of people, myself included, have concerns about conflicting recall information and whether or not the exchanges will be processed properly. I can't speak for other retailers, but the Verizon info had been especially hard to nail down with CSR's giving out different information based on who you talk to. Even store managers that are not all on the same page, much less the right one.

It's a catch 22. We decided to wait until we could at least verify the double exchange process with the S7 edge, knowing a problem could surface. It did start having issues, so we exchanged it and now have issues getting the new S7 Edge activated. Needless to say, headaches abound. If everything was straightforward without all the conflicting info, then we likely would have exchanged right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12