Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully the CPSC doesn't get side tracked by all the lies about "exploding" Note 7s during use. None of the "exploding" phones during use have been Note 7 phones. Even if Notes had been an issue it should have no baring on the replacement Notes that have a different battery.

There was this person:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17721...in-teachers-hands-in-the-middle-of-busy-cafe/
That was a S7 (non-edge) - even the title of the link is incorrect. She accused the S7 of exploding while she used it, but if you look at the pictures of her hands they weren't effected in the least...very questionable.

This person:
Man Sues Samsung For 3rd Degree Burns Caused By Exploding Phone | The Daily Caller
This was an s7edge that he accused of exploding in his pocket. Again, its questionable.

Then there is the boy who apparently had a phone explode when he was using it. That was revealed to have been a Galaxy Core phone.

All these "exploding" stories after the announcement was made. We know the phones don't really "explode", and these people all making these accusations after the announcement for the Note (none of them having Note phones, and all of these phones having no history of meltdowns. Its very suspicious on the accusers part, and the media hasn't been doing us any favors by not reporting correct information (they've been assuming they've been Note7s having issues without doing any investigations into what they really were first).

Not really a great argument when you realize the one thing they ALL have in common...

They're all made by Samsung.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Realistically what does everyone on here feel in terms on when the new note 7 will be approved and hit the stores? Lol lol next week? Next month? Never lol

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I'm glad I washed my hands of the Note 7. Outstanding device but too much baggage with it now. I will wait for the S8 edge. Hopefully they go all out on it after this fiasco.

Same here. I'm hoping Samsung has all kinds of incentives and features ready for the S8 to earn back customer trust that was lost and for us that has stuck around through this.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
2 weeks tops. I can't imagine it going past October 1st. Nothing to base it on... just my opinion.

Realistically what does everyone on here feel in terms on when the new note 7 will be approved and hit the stores? Lol lol next week? Next month? Never lol

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
2 weeks tops. I can't imagine it going past October 1st. Nothing to base it on... just my opinion.
That's what the Sprint advanced tech support person told me today when I placed my replacement order with them. She said 7-14 days is what Samsung has told them, that's the time frame when they expect CPSC to approve the new phones. She has been with Sprint tech support for 13 years, so I'm hoping she knows her stuff.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Me too I hope not more than 2 weeks and I hope this clears before more people jump the explosion bandwagon claiming more phones are burning them such as s7 cases that just came out. Those of us who powered the note 7 down and are holding onto it for replacement have $900 glass bricks sitting in our homes hope we can exchange soon. Love note 7.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Me too I hope not more than 2 weeks and I hope this clears before more people jump the explosion bandwagon claiming more phones are burning them such as s7 cases that just came out. Those of us who powered the note 7 down and are holding onto it for replacement have $900 glass bricks sitting in our homes hope we can exchange soon. Love note 7.

It would be nice if we could exchange our Note 7's for a new Note 7. :-\
This whole mess is one huge pile of crap and I'm getting sick of it.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
As weird as this sounds, best buy stores seem to have an ETA as opposed to the wireless carriers how much is true idk. Sept 19th other countries are getting their new notes, stinks that we got no date . Gotta love the cspc. >.<

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
A key reason why a quick resolution is not very likely. CPSC recall = longtime

I don't think this will take a very long time if Samsung has actually identified the cause of the faulty batteries. If the phones with the batteries made in China have no issues, it won't be hard for Samsung to show the CPSC that the problem is indeed corrected. The CPSC is more interested in Samsung's plan to recall the Note7. They want these phones off the street and are devising a plan to get people to return them.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Think of it this way... people getting on CPSC case but they want to get all the exploding phones out of consumer hands as much as anyone else. And now that the world knows they are in charge, the longer they take, the possibility a phone explodes and someone gets hurt and at that point all blame goes to the CPSC for taking so long (unless the then blame it on Samsung lol), That's why in another post I said I'd be surprised if replacements weren't being given before October 1st.

I don't think this will take a very long time if Samsung has actually identified the cause of the faulty batteries. If the phones with the batteries made in China have no issues, it won't be hard for Samsung to show the CPSC that the problem is indeed corrected. The CPSC is more interested in Samsung's plan to recall the Note7. They want these phones off the street and are devising a plan to get people to return them.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Not really a great argument when you realize the one thing they ALL have in common...

They're all made by Samsung.

Yes they have Samsung in common because of the issue with the Note 7. The S7 or S7 EDge have been out for over 6 months and not a single story before and now all of a sudden things start happening, just coincidence with the Note 7 drama?

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes they have Samsung in common because of the issue with the Note 7. The S7 or S7 EDge have been out for over 6 months and not a single story before and now all of a sudden things start happening, just coincidence with the Note 7 drama?

I think my 1st S7 Edge would have had a melt down had the screen not failed. I had to replace it under warranty.
That phone would get super hot and I think it melted something on the inside. My replacement S7E has been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance