09-09-2016 01:08 PM
61 123
tools
    Really? I've used several other phones that have a much better scanner. Maybe it works "well for a Samsung phone" or something. I know how to set it up. I'm not an *****. Use an iPhone 6S or Nexus 6p sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about. Both those learn each time you use it and the scanning keeps getting better over time
    You're scanning it wrong.
    09-08-2016 09:50 PM
    This is my first fingerprint scanner, and mine works lightning fast. And so does the iris scanner when I have my eyes in the right position. A++ from me.
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    09-08-2016 11:44 PM
    Works awesome for me first scan 99.8%of the time.
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    09-09-2016 12:20 AM
    Iris scanner works 100% & I have contact lenses! Fingerprint scanner? My L index finger works 99% My R Thumb maybe 50% or less. If I place thumb horizontally & flat, unnatural position or me, where it completely come scanner, get much better success. I wanted to touch it on the fly, touch # angle, partial print, etc. It doesn't do well with that.
    09-09-2016 04:40 AM
    This is my first Samsung phone. I have to say that this fingerprint scanner is horrible. I get an error about as many times as I get a successful read. It takes 2-3 attempts to unlock the phone most of the time. I've even set my thumb as two different fingers. I've most recently had the iPhone 6S plus and the nexus 6P. With both those phones I rarely got an error when scanning my fingerprint. You'd think that since the Note 7 is the 6th device that has has a fingerprint scanner that they would have gotten it to work as well as the other phones on the market.
    Redo them. It works perfectly.
    09-09-2016 05:01 AM
    This is my first Samsung phone. I have to say that this fingerprint scanner is horrible. I get an error about as many times as I get a successful read. It takes 2-3 attempts to unlock the phone most of the time. I've even set my thumb as two different fingers. I've most recently had the iPhone 6S plus and the nexus 6P. With both those phones I rarely got an error when scanning my fingerprint. You'd think that since the Note 7 is the 6th device that has has a fingerprint scanner that they would have gotten it to work as well as the other phones on the market.
    I noticed the same thing. It took me a few tries. Never had issues with the iPhone.
    09-09-2016 09:40 AM
    I thought the fingerprint scanner was great. As good as Apples, which is in fact a compliment.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:54 AM
    I noticed the same thing. It took me a few tries. Never had issues with the iPhone.
    I would think a round sensor probably works better? More consistent on how your thumb will be placed.
    09-09-2016 10:00 AM
    My past 4 phones have had fingerprint scanners and none of them would properly read it. Only one the Nexus 6P, would even read it well enough to allow me to get it set up, but then rarely would correctly read it after that so getting the phone to open was a hassle. FP scanners are more trouble than they are worth IMO. For those that like it and it works for, great. For me, meh.
    09-09-2016 12:20 PM
    I'm on my 3rd Samsung phone with Fingerprint sensors.
    All of the finger print sensors work very good.
    If you have something on your fingers. Or get something on your home key.
    its gonna block your finger print and not read.
    And this includes Water.
    That is another reason you got a code that you setup to override it.

You can also go back in and have it to reread your finger print.
    09-09-2016 12:42 PM
    I have used the fingerprint scanner at least a dozen times today incuding samsung pay and its been a flawless simple process everytime
    09-09-2016 01:08 PM
61 123