09-11-2016 05:25 PM
218 1234 ...
tools
    I put a thread up saying "Who else is sick to death of the doom and gloom?"

I now recant and am doing a back flip. The Note 7 is a write off. The media here in Australia has reported tonight that Australian airlines have banned the use of the Note 7 and also reported the alleged fire of a Jeep in America from charging one.

Time to face reality guys. The Note 7 is dead in the water apart from us Android and Samsung enthusiasts. It cannot survive such major bad publicity. If I was upgrading my S5, I'd be happy to pick it up. But we all know, I and some of you guys in this forum are a minority. Samsung will bleed losses with this phone. The only hope they have is the S8 to recoup. But the Note 7 is dead.

What a crying shame. Such rave reviews, massive pre orders and then this. So close but so far.
    09-09-2016 02:30 AM
    I'm looking forward to getting my replacement. Right now I'm using a back up S5 I had. I really liked the Note 7. It's in the box right now waiting for swap time. The recall hasn't killed the phone for me. Things happen. That's life. Samsung is spending a lot of money in replacing ALL our devices. So I'm happy.
    09-09-2016 02:35 AM
    It will bounce back. The thing is only 24 out of a million had issue? And from what I understand, only the Vietnamese manufactured battery's affected. Good on Samsung recalling.

Sent from mTalk on Win 10 Phone
    09-09-2016 02:36 AM
    There's also a house that caught fire supposedly due to the N7 here in the US. Burned their garage down.
    http://m.wmbfnews.com/wmbfnews/db_34...tguid=WoKiUT5u

Also the FAA here in the US has put out a warning here.
    https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=86424

I agree with you unfortunately.
    09-09-2016 02:39 AM
    I put a thread up saying "Who else is sick to death of the doom and gloom?"

I now recant and am doing a back flip. The Note 7 is a write off. The media here in Australia has reported tonight that Australian airlines have banned the use of the Note 7 and also reported the alleged fire of a Jeep in America from charging one.

Time to face reality guys. The Note 7 is dead in the water apart from us Android and Samsung enthusiasts. It cannot survive such major bad publicity. If I was upgrading my S5, I'd be happy to pick it up. But we all know, I and some of you guys in this forum are a minority. Samsung will bleed losses with this phone. The only hope they have is the S8 to recoup. But the Note 7 is dead.

What a crying shame. Such rave reviews, massive pre orders and then this. So close but so far.
    I can't wait to buy mine once this contract is up. Currently on Blackberry priv.

Note 7 is so beautifully epic!
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-09-2016 02:39 AM
    I'm looking forward to getting my replacement. Right now I'm using a back up S5 I had. I really liked the Note 7. It's in the box right now waiting for swap time. The recall hasn't killed the phone for me. Things happen. That's life. Samsung is spending a lot of money in replacing ALL our devices. So I'm happy.
    Yeah I agree and I myself would get one if I was upgrading now. But let's face it, the bad publicity is catastrophic. If Australian airlines ban it, no doubt other airlines from other nations will follow, with it making the evening news in every country.

And I will bet you this. You haven't heard the last Note 7 frying. No doubt more phones will fry in months to come because of all the negligent people who didn't hand in their original phone.

Just 1 phone frying in a month's time will be a major headline. And I am sure that there are a significant amount of people not handing in their phones. Hence the very likelihood of more phone failures. The Note 7 cannot survive all this. It's a write off.
    09-09-2016 02:43 AM
    It's a shame really. Will still get one as a replacement. I'm not expecting UK to attempt a ban as Samsung is replacing it all.

I guess the real issue are the phones in the wild not being exchanged.
    09-09-2016 02:44 AM
    Tech junkies aside, most people will not remember this by xmas shopping season. Yes it has been on the news, social sites etc. But most do not follow or remember all of the details. Who knows what other problems or issues(among all brands or eco systems) will happen in the next 4-12 weeks as well.
    jbcatl likes this.
    09-09-2016 02:44 AM
    I'm still thinking of getting the N7 once available. The only thing that pisses me off is paying $900 for a phone that will have nowhere near that value.
    Dukins and Serkle K like this.
    09-09-2016 02:45 AM
    Yeah I agree and I myself would get one if I was upgrading now. But let's face it, the bad publicity is catastrophic. If Australian airlines ban it, no doubt other airlines from other nations will follow, with it making the evening news in every country.

And I will bet you this. You haven't heard the last Note 7 frying. No doubt more phones will fry in months to come because of all the negligent people who didn't hand in their original phone.

Just 1 phone frying in a month's time will be a major headline. And I am sure that there are a significant amount of people not handing in their phones. Hence the very likelihood of more phone failures. The Note 7 cannot survive all this. It's a write off.
    That's the really sad part...

Negligence.

They'll have to find a way to distinguish between old and new
    09-09-2016 02:45 AM
    Tech junkies aside, most people will not remember this by xmas shopping season. Yes it has been on the news, social sites etc. But most do not follow or remember all of the details. Who knows what other problems or issues(among all brands or eco systems) will happen in the next 4-12 weeks as well.
    This is very true. I've been using my S5 while waiting for the replacement. Someone at worked asked me what happened to my pretty new phone. I explained and he was like oh I didn't hear about that, it was that phone? A lot of other people have had the same reaction. What we don't realize is that the community of people who frequent Android forums and follow news about phones is small compared to the average consumer. Most people just buy a phone because it's new technology and they like it.
    09-09-2016 02:48 AM
    I'm still thinking of getting the N7 once available. The only thing that pisses me off is paying $900 for a phone that will have nowhere near that value.
    That is why I really just went ahead and decided to take mine back yesterday. Very little resale value for the premium value. I'll just see what comes out next year. For now I'm going to the walled garden for some boring piece of mind and predictable resale value. I still have my v10 to play with.
    09-09-2016 02:51 AM
    I'm going to return my Note7 on the weekend as I've gotta get on a plane to Sydney next week (from Melbourne).

I'll be getting another Note7 though. There's just nothing else out there nearly as good.
    09-09-2016 03:31 AM
    Apart from resale value...does it really matter? Most phones become "dead" the moment they're released anyway: developers are already well on their way (or should be) towards producing a succeeding product which will render the current one obsolete. So your phone's old news the day after you buy it, whether it's a sales hit or not.
    09-09-2016 05:00 AM
    Been using mine since day one with zero issues. Of course I'll trade it it when the replacement becomes available, but I continue to use mine like normal. Wireless charging on my nightstand. Using in my car with Android Auto. Fast charging when necessary. Not getting the least bit hot. I certainly can't fault people for not using theirs if that's the choice they make. Still a great device.
    09-09-2016 05:03 AM
    I saw this story this morning - if this doesn't sink in and get you to do a swap! I'd sure hate to loose my truck this way.

Florida man's vehicle catches fire after charging Galaxy Note 7 explodes | Fox News
    09-09-2016 05:14 AM
    Samsung just managed to **** off about every Note 7 user in my country today. We are supposed to book our appointment for exchange, but since the start of the booking, their website never stop crashing and is still slow like snail after more than 7 hrs.

This is an exchange program, not a pre order. There's simply no reason they do not know how many phones are sold and how many people are going to go in to book their appointment today. It just shows how much they care.
    09-09-2016 06:22 AM
    That's the really sad part...

Negligence.

They'll have to find a way to distinguish between old and new
    Samsung Australia have updated their recall info page stating that the new devices will be clearly identified on their packaging and imei numbers can be searched on a database to determine whether the phone is new or recalled version.

"New Device Identification

New Galaxy Note7 packaging has clear identifiers on the box; a small black square on the white barcode label along with a white sticker with a blue letter ‘S’.

Once replacement Galaxy Note7 stock is available customers will be able to check their IMEI number on the online database that will be established here on Tuesday, 13 September. Alternatively, customers can speak to our call centre to check their device.
    All Galaxy Note7 devices have a unique IMEI number so we can identify and advise if an IMEI number belongs to a new replacement Galaxy Note7. "
    09-09-2016 06:30 AM
    It will bounce back. The thing is only 24 out of a million had issue? And from what I understand, only the Vietnamese manufactured battery's affected. Good on Samsung recalling.

http://i.imgur.com/LMhMjYm.jpg

Sent from mTalk on Win 10 Phone
    Well it is more than that now and that was only 24 of what had been reported, not only 24 with a battery issue.
    09-09-2016 06:34 AM
    They have banned them because all the phones on the market right now are at risk. After the replacements, it should be a different story.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 06:35 AM
    Samsung just managed to **** off about every Note 7 user in my country today. We are supposed to book our appointment for exchange, but since the start of the booking, their website never stop crashing and is still slow like snail after more than 7 hrs.

This is an exchange program, not a pre order. There's simply no reason they do not know how many phones are sold and how many people are going to go in to book their appointment today. It just shows how much they care.
    I'm not sure how this can be blamed on Samsung..
    09-09-2016 06:37 AM
    All parties are culpable when it comes to this. There should have been better organization with this process.
    09-09-2016 06:40 AM
    I'm not sure how this can be blamed on Samsung..
    It is their website. The date to start booking was arranged by them. They know how many Note users are they. They did not cater for the traffic for their website. It is not their fault? Come on.
    09-09-2016 06:42 AM
    It is their website. The date to start booking was arranged by them. They know how many Note users are they. They did not cater for the traffic for their website. It is not their fault? Come on.
    There is some of that which can be beyond control. Also there are things that happen with servers. Why would Samsung intentionally be making it more difficult on themselves? I'm sure they prefer this to go as smooth as possible, makes their job easier.
    09-09-2016 06:44 AM
    There is some of that which can be beyond control. Also there are things that happen with servers. Why would Samsung intentionally be making it more difficult on themselves? I'm sure they prefer this to go as smooth as possible, makes their job easier.
    Let me say that my country is small and Note 7 users are probably just a very small % of the total. If a big company like Samsung can't regulate their servers to cater for a prearranged program, I dun know what to say.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-09-2016 06:47 AM
218 1234 ...