Note 7 - Battery Issue (Discussion Here)

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 7 - Battery Issue Discussion Here

I assume, it is in fact the batteries at fault and not the charging circuit? I wonder if any of the blown phones blew before, full charge indicator light came on or all of them after?

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Still using mine with no precautions other than not leaving it to charge over night...

I'm not too concerned at this point... 31° while fast charging? No worries here...

trefor3

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
New to this forum, but thought I better post after searching to see if anyone has had the same issue...

So, just a few minutes ago I was literally holding my 15 day old Note 7 and the screen went black. Was at about 76% battery at the time. Screen won't turn back on, tried to plug it in and I get the battery charging symbol, but its completely grayed out (no green bubbles). Tried using a pin in the reset to see if that one do anything, but no luck.

Now I'm just staring at it waiting for it to explode. :)

Anyway, seems like the battery has gone kaput and I'll be needing a trip to the ATT store tomorrow. Was hoping to hold off until next week but I guess not.

Good luck all that are treading water waiting. BTW, agree with Jamesrick above, I wouldn't charge overnight (and hand't been).

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have to recant now and do a major back flip

I put a thread up saying "Who else is sick to death of the doom and gloom?"

I now recant and am doing a back flip. The Note 7 is a write off. The media here in Australia has reported tonight that Australian airlines have banned the use of the Note 7 and also reported the alleged fire of a Jeep in America from charging one.

Time to face reality guys. The Note 7 is dead in the water apart from us Android and Samsung enthusiasts. It cannot survive such major bad publicity. If I was upgrading my S5, I'd be happy to pick it up. But we all know, I and some of you guys in this forum are a minority. Samsung will bleed losses with this phone. The only hope they have is the S8 to recoup. But the Note 7 is dead.

What a crying shame. Such rave reviews, massive pre orders and then this. So close but so far.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have to recant now and do a major back flip

I'm looking forward to getting my replacement. Right now I'm using a back up S5 I had. I really liked the Note 7. It's in the box right now waiting for swap time. The recall hasn't killed the phone for me. Things happen. That's life. Samsung is spending a lot of money in replacing ALL our devices. So I'm happy.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

It will bounce back. The thing is only 24 out of a million had issue? And from what I understand, only the Vietnamese manufactured battery's affected. Good on Samsung recalling.

LMhMjYm.jpg

Sent from mTalk on Win 10 Phone

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site

I put a thread up saying "Who else is sick to death of the doom and gloom?"

I now recant and am doing a back flip. The Note 7 is a write off. The media here in Australia has reported tonight that Australian airlines have banned the use of the Note 7 and also reported the alleged fire of a Jeep in America from charging one.

Time to face reality guys. The Note 7 is dead in the water apart from us Android and Samsung enthusiasts. It cannot survive such major bad publicity. If I was upgrading my S5, I'd be happy to pick it up. But we all know, I and some of you guys in this forum are a minority. Samsung will bleed losses with this phone. The only hope they have is the S8 to recoup. But the Note 7 is dead.

What a crying shame. Such rave reviews, massive pre orders and then this. So close but so far.

I can't wait to buy mine once this contract is up. Currently on Blackberry priv.

Note 7 is so beautifully epic!

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm looking forward to getting my replacement. Right now I'm using a back up S5 I had. I really liked the Note 7. It's in the box right now waiting for swap time. The recall hasn't killed the phone for me. Things happen. That's life. Samsung is spending a lot of money in replacing ALL our devices. So I'm happy.

Yeah I agree and I myself would get one if I was upgrading now. But let's face it, the bad publicity is catastrophic. If Australian airlines ban it, no doubt other airlines from other nations will follow, with it making the evening news in every country.

And I will bet you this. You haven't heard the last Note 7 frying. No doubt more phones will fry in months to come because of all the negligent people who didn't hand in their original phone.

Just 1 phone frying in a month's time will be a major headline. And I am sure that there are a significant amount of people not handing in their phones. Hence the very likelihood of more phone failures. The Note 7 cannot survive all this. It's a write off.

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

It's a shame really. Will still get one as a replacement. I'm not expecting UK to attempt a ban as Samsung is replacing it all.

I guess the real issue are the phones in the wild not being exchanged.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Tech junkies aside, most people will not remember this by xmas shopping season. Yes it has been on the news, social sites etc. But most do not follow or remember all of the details. Who knows what other problems or issues(among all brands or eco systems) will happen in the next 4-12 weeks as well.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm still thinking of getting the N7 once available. The only thing that pisses me off is paying $900 for a phone that will have nowhere near that value.

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I agree and I myself would get one if I was upgrading now. But let's face it, the bad publicity is catastrophic. If Australian airlines ban it, no doubt other airlines from other nations will follow, with it making the evening news in every country.

And I will bet you this. You haven't heard the last Note 7 frying. No doubt more phones will fry in months to come because of all the negligent people who didn't hand in their original phone.

Just 1 phone frying in a month's time will be a major headline. And I am sure that there are a significant amount of people not handing in their phones. Hence the very likelihood of more phone failures. The Note 7 cannot survive all this. It's a write off.
That's the really sad part...

Negligence.

They'll have to find a way to distinguish between old and new

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Tech junkies aside, most people will not remember this by xmas shopping season. Yes it has been on the news, social sites etc. But most do not follow or remember all of the details. Who knows what other problems or issues(among all brands or eco systems) will happen in the next 4-12 weeks as well.
This is very true. I've been using my S5 while waiting for the replacement. Someone at worked asked me what happened to my pretty new phone. I explained and he was like oh I didn't hear about that, it was that phone? A lot of other people have had the same reaction. What we don't realize is that the community of people who frequent Android forums and follow news about phones is small compared to the average consumer. Most people just buy a phone because it's new technology and they like it.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm still thinking of getting the N7 once available. The only thing that pisses me off is paying $900 for a phone that will have nowhere near that value.

That is why I really just went ahead and decided to take mine back yesterday. Very little resale value for the premium value. I'll just see what comes out next year. For now I'm going to the walled garden for some boring piece of mind and predictable resale value. I still have my v10 to play with.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site

I'm going to return my Note7 on the weekend as I've gotta get on a plane to Sydney next week (from Melbourne).

I'll be getting another Note7 though. There's just nothing else out there nearly as good.

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

Apart from resale value...does it really matter? Most phones become "dead" the moment they're released anyway: developers are already well on their way (or should be) towards producing a succeeding product which will render the current one obsolete. So your phone's old news the day after you buy it, whether it's a sales hit or not.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site

Been using mine since day one with zero issues. Of course I'll trade it it when the replacement becomes available, but I continue to use mine like normal. Wireless charging on my nightstand. Using in my car with Android Auto. Fast charging when necessary. Not getting the least bit hot. I certainly can't fault people for not using theirs if that's the choice they make. Still a great device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge