09-11-2016 05:25 PM
218 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I read an article where they said Samsung SDI is listed as one of Apples suppliers for 2016. No info if that meant they were supplying the batteries for the iPhone 7 so not sure what the reason for supply issue.

Is it because of the battery made by Samsung? I remember reading some articles saying it was due to components issues there will be a shortage.
    09-09-2016 12:35 PM
    according to this article from samsung, Samsung is starting to get the replacement note 7s out their door this week. Samsung Addresses FAA Statement and Reminds Consumers about the Note7 Product Exchange Program - Samsung Newsroom
    09-09-2016 01:09 PM
    U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission working with Samsung for proper Note 7 recall | Android Central

If this does happen then those people that plan to still hang on to their devices could run into issues down the line and if something were to happen Samsung probably wouldn't be held accountable since the recall was official and you chose not to do it. I'm still wondering how people will easily differentiate recalled devices from replacements. I mean checking IMEIs and stuff is not efficient and won't fly with everyday life. Anyhow, please return your device as soon as you can for replacement. Do not hold on "because I'm not having any issues". Please.
    09-09-2016 04:14 PM
    But what if I keep it in the box and use my back up until replacements come. I want to make sure I can replace it and not have to wait and buy it again and receive it in almost November like those people who will be newly purchasing it for the first time.
    09-09-2016 04:17 PM
    A few hours ago the site said that replacement phones would be available "as early as this week." Now it says updated with today's date at the top and says that new phones won't be available until CPSC approval.

Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program

Monique
    09-09-2016 04:29 PM
    This will cause a HUGE delay

I hate to say it but I dont know with every phone now having to be returned maybe skip the note 7
    09-09-2016 04:31 PM
    Yup it looks like no Notes are coming for awhile now.
    09-09-2016 04:32 PM
    Ugh. So much for that.
    09-09-2016 04:33 PM
    A few hours ago the site said that replacement phones would be available "as early as this week." Now it says updated with today's date at the top and says that new phones won't be available until CPSC approval.

Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program

Monique
    What does CPSC stand for?
    09-09-2016 04:37 PM
    What does CPSC stand for?

Consumer protection Safety council or there about

Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) that is right
    09-09-2016 04:40 PM
    Seems like things just keep getting worse for Samsung. I had hoped to get a new Note when the new "safe" ones arrived but it sounds like it could be much longer than anticipated now.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-09-2016 04:45 PM
    Seems like things just keep getting worse for Samsung. I had hoped to get a new Note when the new "safe" ones arrived but it sounds like it could be much longer than anticipated now.
    Maybe best bet to try out the Iphone 7 plus and keep it till the s8 but i am not going back to the S7 that is backwards so do not fall for that
    09-09-2016 04:48 PM
    If indeed the Note 7 won't be in until Oct for us to swap, and they don't extend return deadling and I'm forced to return it, do you think the Iphone 7 Plus will still be on backorder at the end of the month and maybe until middle of Oct? Do you think stores will get more 7 pluses in sooner? The s7 screen I'm using is just too tiny and I can't stand it.
    You can check on their website. Depending on your carrier, color and storage, even today you could be able to select "pickup in-store" for the 16th. Otherwise, it can be a reasonable timeframe for delivery.
    09-09-2016 04:56 PM
    What a mess. I want a refund and am going to target to get one. This is total bs. Now I can get a J Series Loaner???? No thanks.
    09-09-2016 04:59 PM
    Tmobile has definitely improved since my first time using them back in the early 2000's...
    09-09-2016 05:02 PM
    Wow. I hope they're giving a lot of time for Note 7 users to get their replacements first, or they're not getting them in for awhile. This really stinks.

Also notice the iphone 7 Plus looks back ordered now.

I guess I'm stuck with this stupid POS S7 for awhile then until Notes come in. This S7 is slower too IMO in addition to unusable screen. Might look into V20 now if this is indeed the case. I'm about the chuck this S7 lol.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=eh0FFBZE
    Samsung Australia has stated that new Notes will be available in 2-3 weeks and that they are not selling to new customers until replacements have been processed.
    09-09-2016 05:02 PM
    U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission working with Samsung for proper Note 7 recall | Android Central

If this does happen then those people that plan to still hang on to their devices could run into issues down the line and if something were to happen Samsung probably wouldn't be held accountable since the recall was official and you chose not to do it. I'm still wondering how people will easily differentiate recalled devices from replacements. I mean checking IMEIs and stuff is not efficient and won't fly with everyday life. Anyhow, please return your device as soon as you can for replacement. Do not hold on "because I'm not having any issues". Please.
    More importantly (emphasis mine)

"Samsung continues to ensure that consumer safety remains our top priority. We are asking users to power down their Galaxy Note7s and exchange them now." says Tim Baxter, president of Samsung Electronics America. "New Note7 replacement devices will be issued to exchange program participants upon completion of the CPSC process. In the interim, consumers can return their Note7 for another device."
    09-09-2016 05:05 PM
    Not True just called still saying replacements coming Wednesday for those of us with Note 7's!
    09-09-2016 05:16 PM
    Not True just called still saying replacements coming Wednesday for those of us with Note 7's!
    In the US? or overseas?

If the US yeah dont hold your breath.

In other parts of the world it might be sooner because they dont have a CPSC
    09-09-2016 05:27 PM
    I thought some replacements were already shipped and on the way to the carriers?

I should have pre ordered that iPhone this morning.
    jbcatl likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:40 PM
    But what if I keep it in the box and use my back up until replacements come. I want to make sure I can replace it and not have to wait and buy it again and receive it in almost November like those people who will be newly purchasing it for the first time.
    This. As best I understand it, Sprint is only giving 3 options. 1) Exchange it permanently 2) Exchange it for a new Note 7 (whenever its available) or 3) Return it...

They will not allow you to temporarily exchange with a 7 Edge (for example) and exchange that for the new Note 7.

So I am keeping mine for s while to see how this shakes out...
    09-09-2016 06:34 PM
    I thought some replacements were already shipped and on the way to the carriers?

I should have pre ordered that iPhone this morning.
    That is what I'm doing tonight or this weekend. I'm ordering from apple though so when its here in a few weeks I can do in store pickup and not have to worry about it being left at home if my parents are gone. If I get 32gb version I actually will come out ahead of it all. Hopefully ATT lets me return my 53 dollar case.

Getting the gov involved we won't get replacements for awhile now.
    09-09-2016 07:10 PM
    The latest official Statements from Samsung suggest that this weekend or the week of September 12th carriers and partners should have new Galaxy Note 7 units to give customers, as they trade in defective units. That’s only for those that bought the Note 7, and we’ve yet to hear when it will go back on sale for the general public.
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:20 PM
    In the US? or overseas?

If the US yeah dont hold your breath.

In other parts of the world it might be sooner because they dont have a CPSC
    In the United States! I know those overseas that was supposed to have a release before the recall will have to wait longer. Until the recall devices are fulfilled first.
    09-09-2016 07:27 PM
    The latest official Statements from Samsung suggest that this weekend or the week of September 12th carriers and partners should have new Galaxy Note 7 units to give customers, as they trade in defective units. That’s only for those that bought the Note 7, and we’ve yet to hear when it will go back on sale for the general public.
    Dont hold your breath on that. The press release was before CPSC gote involved.

CPSC took 6 full months to do their recall of the hoverboard fiasco.

You wont see Note 7's around for a while. COunt on that.
    09-09-2016 07:29 PM
218 ... 34567 ...