09-11-2016 05:25 PM
218 ... 56789
tools
    Hey just occurred to me that the person left the phone charging in the Jeep and the jeep probably was off and not too many cars would charge a phone while being off that story about that jeep exploding because of the other note7 sounds fishy to me I don't know maybe they'll do an investigator soon.
    09-09-2016 08:48 PM
    Since there is a .0000175% chance of my phone actually catching fire, I'm keeping my Note 7 until I get a replacement right away. If situations like this get overblown like this we may be paying $2000 dollar for a phone soon. Common sense people 35 cases out of 2,000,000. Better chance of winning money tonight on the lotto.
    35 cases they knew of at the time. There have been more claims since then.
    09-09-2016 08:52 PM
    @BluesFan did you call T-Mobile that list you posted are for those New to the Note 7 not those part of the recall. As far as I know a friend of mine was told he can give back his loaner phone this week for the Note 7.
    09-09-2016 08:55 PM
    Hey just occurred to me that the person left the phone charging in the Jeep and the jeep probably was off and not too many cars would charge a phone while being off that story about that jeep exploding because of the other note7 sounds fishy to me I don't know maybe they'll do an investigator soon.
    I think the Jeep owner said he left the car running with AC on since he was just dropping something off at home. Need to find the article again.
    09-09-2016 08:56 PM
    New box all wrapped up with an xmas bow on it, because if you get it replaced at all, it may be around the holiday season since the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is involved now.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    09-09-2016 08:59 PM
    This has been brought up before and i as well as other people have said... it is not uncommon for cig outlets to be live/hot without key in ignition. I have a '11 Ford Explorer... I have charged my phone, my mifi plugged in all the time charging with engine off and away from car.

In this case, you're in the Tampa Bay area, you decide to charge in your car, looks like bright sunny day in the 80s... it could be 100+ easily in a vehicle if its not open top. If the phone explodes sitting on plastic console or seats in that heat, you might as well have sit it on dry kindling and it's gonna burn.

just saying anythings possible... Phone out in the wild for all of two weeks... at time of recall the 35 reports, 17 that were in the U.S... to think that after the recall that miraculously no further phones decided to explode because the news is now out and everyone still sticking to the .1 percent of all phones claim is fooling themselves. Samsung is not going to risk over a billion dollar of losses and do a full, embarrasing, government attracting recall for 35 phones LOL.

09-09-2016 09:02 PM
    My last three vehicles had extra and live cig/charging outlets. And I don't buy new... As a reference, the newest one is a 2007.
    09-09-2016 09:16 PM
    Samsung would have to issue a recall even if it was one case
    09-09-2016 09:21 PM
    already used my box to return the iPhone - only box I have left is from the S7 Edge which I have no problem giving back along with the loaner phone, can't wait to get my new Note which according to the nice lady I just spoke to at Samsung could be Thursday or Friday
    09-09-2016 11:08 PM
    New box all wrapped up with an xmas bow on it, because if you get it replaced at all, it may be around the holiday season since the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is involved now.
    I doubt that will be the case. The CPSC will be slower than just sending them straight to the stores... but it won't take very long. They will verify Samsung's tests methods and results, and then release them. I still think late next week, definitely by the end of September.
    09-09-2016 11:22 PM
    So is there ANY way to identify a "good" phone from a bad one? (pre and post recall production)?
    09-09-2016 11:44 PM
    I doubt that will be the case. The CPSC will be slower than just sending them straight to the stores... but it won't take very long. They will verify Samsung's tests methods and results, and then release them. I still think late next week, definitely by the end of September.
    Yeah it's not like they have to identify the probelm themselves....If people think that Samsung doesn't have there best people right now working hand in hand with the CSPC to get this expedited your crazy...Samsung knows Thier Product is at stake......and everyday we don't have our phoned that's just more and more note 7 users running right into apples hand...For the most part...
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:56 PM
    Samsung would have to issue a recall even if it was one case
    It's sad I just read the same thing online late October early November I'm going to look more into the lgv20 if that blows me away I will probably exchange my phone for that
    09-09-2016 11:57 PM
    So is there ANY way to identify a "good" phone from a bad one? (pre and post recall production)?
    http://m.androidcentral.com/how-tell...ote-7-safe-use
    09-09-2016 11:58 PM
    It's sad I just read the same thing online late October early November I'm going to look more into the lgv20 if that blows me away I will probably exchange my phone for that
    Wait there ismore? The link I posted this morning as estimate if ordering a new note 7 not existing ones to swap.
    09-10-2016 12:04 AM
    Wait there ismore? The link I posted this morning as estimate if ordering a new note 7 not existing ones to swap.
    The article I read was replacement devices I'll try to look for it in my browser history
    09-10-2016 12:11 AM
    The article I read was replacement devices I'll try to look for it in my browser history

Please do so! I'm interested in reading it.
    09-10-2016 12:15 AM
    You can use 'Lecher Antenna' for differentiating the phone from bad one to good one without opening the box prior to purchase. Search for leavers antenna practitioners in your area they will guide you
    Ramesh Gaikwad.
    09-10-2016 12:17 AM
    Has anyone stopped and thought about this one? Just think of all the cases the makers have made, and now Note 7 says if they're released again will be in the toilet.

When next year rolls around they might be hesitant to make as large quantities before launch date like they usually do.

At least otterbox didn't roll out the Defender yet just in the nick of time.

If god forbid Samsung ditches the Note 7 all together imagine how much they will lose in inventory.

I wonder if Otterbox won't even bother with the Defender for it now.
    09-10-2016 12:19 AM
    Has anyone stopped and thought about this one? Just think of all the cases the makers have made, and now Note 7 says if they're released again will be in the toilet.

When next year rolls around they might be hesitant to make as large quantities before launch date like they usually do.

At least otterbox didn't roll out the Defender yet just in the nick of time.

If god forbid Samsung ditches the Note 7 all together imagine how much they will lose in inventory.

I wonder if Otterbox won't even bother with the Defender for it now.
    I would imagine that the major players in the case industry have people dedicated to the respective phone manufacturers. Those folks assigned to liaise with Samsung are most certainly communicating with their contacts on next steps and forecasts for future production.
    09-10-2016 12:31 AM
    I dun imagine any case makers will make millions of case for a model thinking it will sell, since phone casing is probably the phone accessory that has the highest competition. So overall many Note 7 cases will be unsold, but dun think any individual case maker will be affected much.
    09-10-2016 01:07 AM
    Honestly, I still charge my phone, I dont do it overnight anymore though, but I charge throughout the day no problems *knock on wood*

Anyone else still charging their phones?
    09-10-2016 01:49 AM
    I will be returning it tomorrow and most likely going to the V20 or something when it comes out. I just don't feel the risk is worth the reward.
    09-10-2016 01:52 AM
    I will be returning it tomorrow and most likely going to the V20 or something when it comes out. I just don't feel the risk is worth the reward.
    Are u gonna go back to the Note 7 or change for good?
    09-10-2016 01:55 AM
    Are u gonna go back to the Note 7 or change for good?
    Most likely change for good. I love the note .. truly I do but .. I don't want to swap phones and then have to go through the hassle of selling the other to go back. I have never bought a phone more than once (such as some get one, go to another, and go back). That is why I won't get the S7 Edge.

I am going to use a buddies Nexus 5X as my phone for the time being and then get the V20 (most likely) once it comes out.
    09-10-2016 01:56 AM
218 ... 56789