Note 7 - Battery Issue (Discussion Here)

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have to recant now and do a major back flip

Samsung just managed to **** off about every Note 7 user in my country today. We are supposed to book our appointment for exchange, but since the start of the booking, their website never stop crashing and is still slow like snail after more than 7 hrs.

This is an exchange program, not a pre order. There's simply no reason they do not know how many phones are sold and how many people are going to go in to book their appointment today. It just shows how much they care.

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

That's the really sad part...

Negligence.

They'll have to find a way to distinguish between old and new
Samsung Australia have updated their recall info page stating that the new devices will be clearly identified on their packaging and imei numbers can be searched on a database to determine whether the phone is new or recalled version.

"New Device Identification

New Galaxy Note7 packaging has clear identifiers on the box; a small black square on the white barcode label along with a white sticker with a blue letter ‘S’.

Once replacement Galaxy Note7 stock is available customers will be able to check their IMEI number on the online database that will be established here on Tuesday, 13 September. Alternatively, customers can speak to our call centre to check their device.
All Galaxy Note7 devices have a unique IMEI number so we can identify and advise if an IMEI number belongs to a new replacement Galaxy Note7. "
5e114bae6358e723c5388e758fa79be5.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

It will bounce back. The thing is only 24 out of a million had issue? And from what I understand, only the Vietnamese manufactured battery's affected. Good on Samsung recalling.

http://i.imgur.com/LMhMjYm.jpg

Sent from mTalk on Win 10 Phone
Well it is more than that now and that was only 24 of what had been reported, not only 24 with a battery issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

They have banned them because all the phones on the market right now are at risk. After the replacements, it should be a different story.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Samsung just managed to **** off about every Note 7 user in my country today. We are supposed to book our appointment for exchange, but since the start of the booking, their website never stop crashing and is still slow like snail after more than 7 hrs.

This is an exchange program, not a pre order. There's simply no reason they do not know how many phones are sold and how many people are going to go in to book their appointment today. It just shows how much they care.
I'm not sure how this can be blamed on Samsung..

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

All parties are culpable when it comes to this. There should have been better organization with this process.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure how this can be blamed on Samsung..
It is their website. The date to start booking was arranged by them. They know how many Note users are they. They did not cater for the traffic for their website. It is not their fault? Come on.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

It is their website. The date to start booking was arranged by them. They know how many Note users are they. They did not cater for the traffic for their website. It is not their fault? Come on.
There is some of that which can be beyond control. Also there are things that happen with servers. Why would Samsung intentionally be making it more difficult on themselves? I'm sure they prefer this to go as smooth as possible, makes their job easier.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

There is some of that which can be beyond control. Also there are things that happen with servers. Why would Samsung intentionally be making it more difficult on themselves? I'm sure they prefer this to go as smooth as possible, makes their job easier.
Let me say that my country is small and Note 7 users are probably just a very small % of the total. If a big company like Samsung can't regulate their servers to cater for a prearranged program, I dun know what to say.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Me too....when replacements come in, i will replace it. Now i hope it wont be a massive recall all together, like no more Note 7. I returned my Note 5, n i would hate to start repaying one all over again through Tmobile Jump. That would be my "lose it" moment.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

It has already sold millions. This will hurt sales for sure, but it will still sell more than any smartphone not named iPhone or Galaxy S this year i bet.

It's all negative now. It will be mostly positive a month from now. I can definitely understand those who don't see it that way though.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
New Note 7s not going on sale until late Oct??? Link inside.

Wow. I hope they're giving a lot of time for Note 7 users to get their replacements first, or they're not getting them in for awhile. This really stinks.

Also notice the iphone 7 Plus looks back ordered now.

I guess I'm stuck with this stupid POS S7 for awhile then until Notes come in. This S7 is slower too IMO in addition to unusable screen. Might look into V20 now if this is indeed the case. I'm about the chuck this S7 lol.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....t-mobile.com%2Fshipping-dates&token=FrFWBQZh

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Note 7s not going on sale until late Oct??? Link inside.

I am sure that is just a placeholder estimate until they start getting new ones in. I don't think most people would agree that an S7 is a POS. Some serious first world problems there.

People put WAY too much thought and energy into these types of things. No sense driving yourself nuts trying to pinpoint when they are coming in or bugging (harassing) the carriers online or over the phone.
If you want the Note7, you will wait for it. For people who just want a new device each month, they won't wait. It's that simple. I, personally, don't see the attraction of any of the other phones out there right now. For my use, I don't see any of them beating the Note7 right now. So, it looks like I will have to wait. Not sure if I will refund my current phone right now or not. It depends on how my store will handle it.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

I guess I'm stuck with this stupid POS S7 for awhile then until Notes come in. This S7 is slower too IMO in addition to unusable screen. Might look into V20 now if this is indeed the case. I'm about the chuck this S7 lol.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....t-mobile.com%2Fshipping-dates&token=Xx9X_QUQ

Is the S7 noticeably slower? I was actually thinking of cashing in my chips to get this one.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

I put a thread up saying "Who else is sick to death of the doom and gloom?"

I now recant and am doing a back flip. The Note 7 is a write off. The media here in Australia has reported tonight that Australian airlines have banned the use of the Note 7 and also reported the alleged fire of a Jeep in America from charging one.

Time to face reality guys. The Note 7 is dead in the water apart from us Android and Samsung enthusiasts. It cannot survive such major bad publicity. If I was upgrading my S5, I'd be happy to pick it up. But we all know, I and some of you guys in this forum are a minority. Samsung will bleed losses with this phone. The only hope they have is the S8 to recoup. But the Note 7 is dead.

What a crying shame. Such rave reviews, massive pre orders and then this. So close but so far.

For the vast majority of Note 7 buyers, this recall is something we are reading about......while using our Note 7, while playing with our Note 7, while emailing with our Note 7, while watching You Tube and movies with our Note 7, while taking pictures with our Note 7, etc etc. In other words, while using a wonderful device which is not only functioning beautifully but has exceeded expectations.

The Note 7 which exceeded sales expectations and was extraordinary well reviewed.

So I agree, that for its fan base and dedicated users, it's a huge success.
There is simply no other phone out there that is so feature rich.

I feel it is too early yet to determine how the recall will ultimately be executed, how quickly the negative publicity is forgotten and how many obstinate first buyers refuse to participate in the recall, creating the significant risk of downstream publicity with other units with bad batteries.

But I can't agree it's a write off yet.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I am sure that is just a placeholder estimate until they start getting new ones in. I don't think most people would agree that an S7 is a POS. Some serious first world problems there.

People put WAY too much thought and energy into these types of things. No sense driving yourself nuts trying to pinpoint when they are coming in or bugging (harassing) the carriers online or over the phone.
If you want the Note7, you will wait for it. For people who just want a new device each month, they won't wait. It's that simple. I, personally, don't see the attraction of any of the other phones out there right now. For my use, I don't see any of them beating the Note7 right now. So, it looks like I will have to wait. Not sure if I will refund my current phone right now or not. It depends on how my store will handle it.

I hope they extend the sept 30th deadling then if the Notes are not in. Would really suck having to return, and then pre order the whole think again late in Oct because they won't let me swap out. Iphone also probably won't ship until Oct now too same with V20 no date but just says later in the fall.

Not saying the S7 is junk, but compared to Note 7 it doesn't compare. Almost saying screw it and return it all and stick with S7 and just buy another AR or pistol with the money which doesn't go out of style.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Is the S7 noticeably slower? I was actually thinking of cashing in my chips to get this one.

To me it does. I also did a factory reset on it as well. Certainly not as snappy as my Note 7.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

It's not over yet but it's close. The US has all but banned the phone for plane travel. You can't turn it on during flight. If the US and other countries do a complete ban of note 7 on flights then it will be over. I know Samsung can fix the issue but once more governments start banning the phones for flight it's over. Governments are usually pretty quick to ban something that takes up headlines but they are a lot slower at unbanning. At that point it might not be worth it for Samsung to convince these countries to change their minds and just take the loss.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Wow. I hope they're giving a lot of time for Note 7 users to get their replacements first, or they're not getting them in for awhile. This really stinks.

Also notice the iphone 7 Plus looks back ordered now.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....t-mobile.com%2Fshipping-dates&token=Krpo544-

I wonder if this has anything to do with the shipping company Hanjin going bankrupt and have ships sitting off the coast of most continents because of unpaid port fees.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary