Note 7 - Battery Issue (Discussion Here)

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: New box or just a phone

I doubt that will be the case. The CPSC will be slower than just sending them straight to the stores... but it won't take very long. They will verify Samsung's tests methods and results, and then release them. I still think late next week, definitely by the end of September.
Yeah it's not like they have to identify the probelm themselves....If people think that Samsung doesn't have there best people right now working hand in hand with the CSPC to get this expedited your crazy...Samsung knows Thier Product is at stake......and everyday we don't have our phoned that's just more and more note 7 users running right into apples hand...For the most part...

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: New Note 7s not going on sale until late Oct??? Link inside.

Samsung would have to issue a recall even if it was one case

It's sad I just read the same thing online late October early November I'm going to look more into the lgv20 if that blows me away I will probably exchange my phone for that

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: New Note 7s not going on sale until late Oct??? Link inside.

It's sad I just read the same thing online late October early November I'm going to look more into the lgv20 if that blows me away I will probably exchange my phone for that

Wait there ismore? The link I posted this morning as estimate if ordering a new note 7 not existing ones to swap.

Ramesh Gaikwad

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
So is there ANY way to identify a "good" phone from a bad one? (pre and post recall production)?
You can use 'Lecher Antenna' for differentiating the phone from bad one to good one without opening the box prior to purchase. Search for leavers antenna practitioners in your area they will guide you
Ramesh Gaikwad.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
How bad is this going to hurt all the case makers?

Has anyone stopped and thought about this one? Just think of all the cases the makers have made, and now Note 7 says if they're released again will be in the toilet.

When next year rolls around they might be hesitant to make as large quantities before launch date like they usually do.

At least otterbox didn't roll out the Defender yet just in the nick of time.

If god forbid Samsung ditches the Note 7 all together imagine how much they will lose in inventory.

I wonder if Otterbox won't even bother with the Defender for it now.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: How bad is this going to hurt all the case makers?

Has anyone stopped and thought about this one? Just think of all the cases the makers have made, and now Note 7 says if they're released again will be in the toilet.

When next year rolls around they might be hesitant to make as large quantities before launch date like they usually do.

At least otterbox didn't roll out the Defender yet just in the nick of time.

If god forbid Samsung ditches the Note 7 all together imagine how much they will lose in inventory.

I wonder if Otterbox won't even bother with the Defender for it now.

I would imagine that the major players in the case industry have people dedicated to the respective phone manufacturers. Those folks assigned to liaise with Samsung are most certainly communicating with their contacts on next steps and forecasts for future production.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: How bad is this going to hurt all the case makers?

I dun imagine any case makers will make millions of case for a model thinking it will sell, since phone casing is probably the phone accessory that has the highest competition. So overall many Note 7 cases will be unsold, but dun think any individual case maker will be affected much.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone NOT scared to charge their phones?

Honestly, I still charge my phone, I dont do it overnight anymore though, but I charge throughout the day no problems *knock on wood*

Anyone else still charging their phones?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is anyone NOT scared to charge their phones?

I will be returning it tomorrow and most likely going to the V20 or something when it comes out. I just don't feel the risk is worth the reward.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Are u gonna go back to the Note 7 or change for good?

Most likely change for good. I love the note .. truly I do but .. I don't want to swap phones and then have to go through the hassle of selling the other to go back. I have never bought a phone more than once (such as some get one, go to another, and go back). That is why I won't get the S7 Edge.

I am going to use a buddies Nexus 5X as my phone for the time being and then get the V20 (most likely) once it comes out.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Most likely change for good. I love the note .. truly I do but .. I don't want to swap phones and then have to go through the hassle of selling the other to go back. I have never bought a phone more than once (such as some get one, go to another, and go back). That is why I won't get the S7 Edge.

I am going to use a buddies Nexus 5X as my phone for the time being and then get the V20 (most likely) once it comes out.

Yeah I feel you
I really love the pen thats why its hard for me to change
I'll get the replacement but if there is another problem I'll probably switch

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site

Honestly, I still charge my phone, I dont do it overnight anymore though, but I charge throughout the day no problems *knock on wood*

Anyone else still charging their phones?

Same here. I am not afraid to charge it but do it now in the evening while touching it from time to time to monitor the temperature. I used to charge my Note 7 overnight on the wireless pad sitting on my night table and continued doing this for a few nights after the recall announcement. Then I decided to stop playing Russian roulette since I don't have fire extinguisher handy by my bed. Anyway, jokes aside, I am 100% sure my phone is fine since it doesn't get even remotely hot while charging. BTW, I turned off the fast charging option in Settings, just to be even safer. I am going to exchange it as soon as new version hits the stores. It is still the best Android phone available today.

KenDT91

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

I wasn't too concerned until tonight my phone got hot while charging. I charge it seldomly and for short periods. Never overnight.

Tonight I had it plugged in 30minutes while I filled in a job application and the device was noticeably warm. Afterwards i had trouble using it because every application froze. I tried to restart and couldn't turn the phone on for a few minutes.

Worrisome.

Yesterday I called Samsung, who advised me it wasn't their problem and to call my phone company. Called Verizon local who said they can't return it since I didn't buy it there. Advised to call Verizon Corporate... they were also unsure but want me to call the nearest Target.

Here's the PITA. I bought this phone in a target in NJ. I moved abruptly to get out of a bad situation and now I'm in MT. The nearest Target is 2hrs away and I'm not driving 4hrs round trip for nothing.

I wonder if i can sue if my phone explodes because returning and exchanging are so difficult. I can't turn this off I need to have a way for potential employers to call me.

Maybe with the formal recall Samsung will be held more accountable. *sigh* Headaches all around.

DanRomania

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Note7 new batch coming in new/different boxes?

Has there been any info regaring the boxing of the new batch? Will there be any way to check if the phone is "v2" just by the box/phone, without installing any aplications?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77