Video enhancer question.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have just found this feature. My question is... Why does this need to be turned on? Why isn't it just the way video looks by default? Am I missing something? Is there a reason not to use this feature. Oh and by the way! Holy crap does it look good when you use this! Thanks for any help.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I turned it off because it just seemed to make the screen brightness go up when it was on, made it annoying for bed time YouTube watching.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree it makes it brighter, but I haven't felt any extra heat. I can turn the brightness down but still get the crispness of colors. Still not seeing a drawback. Love it!

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have just found this feature. My question is... Why does this need to be turned on? Why isn't it just the way video looks by default? Am I missing something? Is there a reason not to use this feature. Oh and by the way! Holy crap does it look good when you use this! Thanks for any help.

One, some people may not like the look of the "enhancements" and feel their settings without it give them the brightness, contrast, and audio that they find ideal.
Two, some apps may have bugs that conflict with it being switched on.
Three, one person said that he "thinks" the volume and audio quality drop in apps that don't support video enhancer. If its true or not could be all in his mind.

I always like options and the ability to turn on and off any "features" to suit my own tastes, and would rather have an option that I could turn on and off as opposed to having it forced on for me all the time. (For reference I have it turned on in my Note as well).