09-23-2016 10:20 PM
33 12
tools
    I keep saying I will cut back and give up root. If possible, this N7 might be the device that makes me do it. So great as is.
    I used to root to have full themes and change icons and get free tethering.... Since we can do all that now within the regular OS I don't even bother with root...... It was a smart idea for Android to open up even more because the less demand it is for root to get access to these features the less people will be out there trying breach ur software to allow root...

Apple needs to go the same route... So people don't have to jailbreak just to download files to their phone or add a widget to the homepage... Etc... Etc
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-13-2016 10:38 AM
    If I ever go Apple, I will definitely jailbreak my device. I'm supposed to get a friend's mini and I will jailbreak it straightaway. Get rid of some of the bloat so that even though it's old, it should run a bit better.
    Apple needs to go the same route... So people don't have to jailbreak just to download files to their phone or add a widget to the homepage... Etc... Etc
    09-13-2016 10:41 AM
    Awesome feedback I to am vested in Google as well I just feel like it's time for a change maybe lol i cant pull the trigger right away but. I have cut back on customizing no rooting for me anymore. So after not using an iPhone since the 4s I've thought about it just because of most things working easier together such as face time imessage looks great the fact you can see if someone has read it, Also gallery that has always been 1 thing is all of the apps that are downloaded that are the same.. But I set it up all the time so I am considering the Iphone due to all of the device's like Mac and iPad being able to work together. However with all of that said I really am nervous of leaving android after what 6 years and I only had the 4s for 2 months I go back to the g1 days and my touch
    I had the iPhone 5 three years ago for 3 days and then exchanged it for the Note 3. I just can't be an Apple user. I thought about going IPhone 7 plus a few days before the Apple announcing, but removal of head jack turned me off. Windows is even more limited, LG phones, Huawei, and Nexus are too big for me. The biggest thing is the S pen. Only Samsung has it. I'm not buying a separate stylus because I Know I'll lose it, lol.
    09-13-2016 01:51 PM
    I gave the S2 tablet a shot and bought the stylus. It's not easy keeping up with it and I prefer the Note interface. Just got tired of waiting for them to release a new Note tablet and they may never at this rate.
    I'm not buying a separate stylus because I Know I'll lose it, lol.
    09-13-2016 03:02 PM
    I left the iPhone when the Evo 4G came out. I had to jailbreak my iPhones to make it tolerable. I was rooting my Android phones up until the Note 5 as I didn't feel the need anymore. Then I drank the Koolaid and decided to try a Nexus 6P and the "Pure Android Experience". While certainly speedy, I immediately missed the extra features from TouchWiz. So I had to root it and install a custom ROM. Back on the Note 7 I don't feel the need to root.
    09-13-2016 06:11 PM
    Buy a cheap prepaid phone for $30. Will hold off until then.
    09-23-2016 02:29 PM
    I picked up an unlocked Huawei Honor 8 at Best Buy for 399.00 to hold me off until Note 7 goes back on sale. After using it I may even end up keeping it because it has all I need except an S Pen and Samsung Pay. Camera is sweet, very fast, expandable memory, and might be the best fingerprint scanner I've used. Even looks like the Note 7. If I have to wait until Mid October for the Note 7 to come back on the scene I will keep the Honor 8.
    09-23-2016 05:18 PM
    Since I was displeased with the trade in allowance being offered for my mint condition Note 5 (literally like new) I just decided to keep it for my back up. I have to have a back up for my business and because I must have a stylus for business reasons (taking orders and writing notes) it makes sense to have a stylus capable backup.

This combination of Note 7/Note 5 sure beats the heck out of my last combo, Note 5/Galaxy S2 LOL.
    09-23-2016 10:20 PM
33 12