How I accidentally killed my Note7 while preparing for the recall.....

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but I'm thinking there may be more issues than just a battery. The battery is obviously the worst of the problem but I've noticed my screen becomes unresponsive at times. I go to "click" a tab or watch a video - nada.....

That has happened to my screen as well specifically on the right top and bottom edges.

CaroWit

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I also had similar issue. What's worrying me is will the replacement note 7 have the same issue? Mine froze, continually rebooted, would not accept my pin and I was unable to turn it off. Had to let the battery run down. Anyone heard anything from Samsung on this issue?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
American unit with Snapdragon processor or Exynos?

I also had similar issue. What's worrying me is will the replacement note 7 have the same issue? Mine froze, continually rebooted, would not accept my pin and I was unable to turn it off. Had to let the battery run down. Anyone heard anything from Samsung on this issue?

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I was told by a manager at my carrier store that they were told to take any note 7 regardless of condition. He actually said the you could literally snap the phone in half and they'd still take it for full value.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I was being lazy in typing... I was asking CaroWit whether they had an American unit with the Snapdragon or are they in Europe where they have the Exynos.

Just that the reports of similar type symptoms were being reported on Exynos machines.

Note7s sold in the United States and Canada all run on a Snapdragon 820.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I did the factory reset twice because I did not think the first one was done as it did it so fast. Than booted up the phone to verify the wipe. My Note 7 never had any heat issues and I was reluctant to return it. Back to using my Note 5 until I can get a new Note 7.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I did the factory reset twice because I did not think the first one was done as it did it so fast. Than booted up the phone to verify the wipe. My Note 7 never had any heat issues and I was reluctant to return it. Back to using my Note 5 until I can get a new Note 7.

Active like you don't have a old phone to use. They'll let you bum a s7 or s7 edge

kalinskym

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
You should have recorded the conversation or ask them to send an email confirming that Samsung will accept Galaxy Note7 even if it's not working since Samsung employees may not know about it

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I wish I could find the article I read but there was one that quoted Samsung as sayin battery cell issue, something about the positive and negative not doing what it was supposed too and maybe a chip reaction? I'm not that technical so I don't know what all it meant except the battery part. But once again, without much else to go on except what we hear thru the Internet (so it must be true lol) I just chose to do the safest thing for me.

I read that article myself and I happen to be a electrician. What they are claiming is happening with the batteries are that the positive ions were touching the negative ions which is essentially a short circuit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton