10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Thanks your awesome.
    Now to work on the Note 7 owners club panel for the next Comic Con
    Note 7 Owners club-laugh_2.jpg
    It would have to include an image of one of the melted phone, of course... somehow coming back to life. Yeah, that's the ticket!
    09-13-2016 09:38 AM
    Easy fix to stay safe. Mine is always on my desk charging and rarely needs to be charged up since it trickle boosts and then turns off.
    But limiting to 60% means carrying charger around all the time.
    09-13-2016 09:42 AM
    Who is your carrier?
    Mine was made 07/27 in China. It's in the box powered down. I haven't reset it yet though. Using my Nextbit Robin until my S7 Edge loaner gets here later today. It's out for delivery according to UPS.
    09-13-2016 09:44 AM
    That's one I haven't heard.
    iFruit 5s
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-13-2016 09:45 AM
    I Love , Loved my Note 7, I will most certainly go back to as soon as possible. It ran so smooth, no lag and was pretty. I switched to a loaner phone galaxy s7. I don't like it. It is small and not what I was looking for in a new phone. It actually gets hotter than my Note ever did. Same usage, and maybe a little less because I am still pouting about having to give up my Note.
    09-13-2016 09:50 AM
    Who is your carrier?
    T-Mobile.
    09-13-2016 10:00 AM
    Thanks. I knew it wasn't Sprint. They won't ship replacements afaik.
    T-Mobile.
    09-13-2016 10:02 AM
    Thanks. I knew it wasn't Sprint. They won't ship replacements afaik.
    TMo has changed their minds a few times on how they're handling loaners. I got lucky that when I called a supervisor was either listening in our nearby when I called. Originally she said I had to go to a store, but I complained it's a long drive for me to get to a corporate store I got put on hold. Not only was she more helpful when she came back she was cheerful, trying to start small talk about my interests and making sure I was completely satisfied.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-13-2016 10:17 AM
    09-13-2016 10:20 AM
    I love my note 7 but I'm probably switching to i7+. At least it's going to be my loaner phone assuming I can get one Friday.

I switch phones a lot and I'm concerned about resale value down the road.
    09-13-2016 10:58 AM
    I love my note 7 but I'm probably switching to i7+. At least it's going to be my loaner phone assuming I can get one Friday.

U better go to the apple store tomorrow with ur tent and some snacks and start to camp out lol
    toenail_flicker and Wiley_11 like this.
    09-13-2016 10:59 AM
    Screw that - Verizon told me if I showed up 30 minutes early(7:30am) I'd have a good shot at getting one. If it's really a mess...I'm not sure. I'll probably just risk it another week.
    09-13-2016 11:03 AM
    I can't wait to jump in the club. My upgrade is in Feb, maybe early for Christmas, so everything should be sorted out by then.
    I don't make minimum payments each month.
    I may want to trade phones in 6 months.
    Waiting for a upgrade would sux to me.
    09-13-2016 11:36 AM

I have been buying a new phone about every 6 months..this last time it was 4 or 5 month's on the Note 7.
    I usually know some poor sole that is in a bind for a phone. And I cut them a deal on a phone
    Gonna have to slow Down on buying phones.
    But i like new technology.
    09-13-2016 11:40 AM
    The U.S. will probably be the last country to get replacements now that the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is involved, they will want to do a bunch of testing to verify that all safety issues have been addressed. I'd wouldn't be surprised if we don't get them until October some time.
    09-13-2016 11:43 AM
    The U.S. will probably be the last country to get replacements now that the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is involved, they will want to do a bunch of testing to verify that all safety issues have been addressed. I'd wouldn't be surprised if we don't get them until October some time.
    So is that any reason to get alarmed about.
    YOu are just assuming.
    You have NO IDEA when they might release the phones.
    09-13-2016 11:51 AM
    i like the first comment after the story, whining about his washer.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-13-2016 12:06 PM
    It kinda stinks to wait longer IF we have to, but I'd rather be sure they're safe than go through this again in a month if something goes wrong.
    09-13-2016 12:07 PM
    It kinda stinks to wait longer IF we have to, but I'd rather be sure they're safe than go through this again in a month if something goes wrong.
    If this happens again they are toast.... and they know that.....
    jimd1050 and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-13-2016 12:08 PM
    I know they are giving loaner phones.
    But i dont know why they should.
    I've had recalls on automobile.
    I had to get a loaner car if I wanted something to drive.
    09-13-2016 12:12 PM
    If this happens again they are toast.... and they know that.....
    And how did you come to that conclusion. Samsung is worth 300 billion dollars.
    09-13-2016 12:18 PM
    This is right at the top of the page on Android Central as a Major Article. If you like or want a really goo technical explanation of what's going on with these batteries (in general and with ours), it's a bit of a long read, but a GREAT read!

What makes a phone battery explode? | Android Central
    09-13-2016 12:19 PM
    And how did you come to that conclusion. Samsung is worth 300 billion dollars.
    I didn't mean their whole company is toast but no one will buy the note 7 this year and Thier preorders for their next couple of phones will be verrry weak......
    And 25billion of that 300 was wiped out from this incident alone...don't let that number fool you
    09-13-2016 12:20 PM
    So is that any reason to get alarmed about.
    YOu are just assuming.
    You have NO IDEA when they might release the phones.
    Did I ever seem alarmed?
    I was very clear when I said " I'd wouldn't be surprised if we don't get them until October some time."
    Your right I have no idea just as you do not

Just seems that now that the CPSC, which is part of the gov, is now involved that it may slow things down. Did you read this article Samsung Rushes to Contain Fallout From Galaxy Note 7 Recall - WSJ Did you notice that they stated "Samsung plans to begin its exchange program in Singapore on Friday. Consumers will be allowed to return their phones through retailers, carriers and shops, and receive new devices. The company intends to expand the program to Australia, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Arab Emirates later this month."

Yet the only mention of the U.S. was "She said in markets such as the U.S. and Canada, replacement phones would be provided after an investigation by safety regulators in those countries. Samsung doesn’t have control over the timeline, she added." Clearly there is no time table for the U.S. yet and if the other other countries are later this month then that would lead one to believe that the U.S. would be October or later.
    09-13-2016 12:31 PM
    My Samsung phone is recalled and both my big flat screen samsung tvs have been repaired under warrenty hummmmmm
    09-13-2016 12:33 PM
874 ... 89101112 ...