10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    anyone in Dubai got replacements ?
    09-22-2016 06:51 AM
    I just received a deleviery date of tomorrow between 12 and 4:30 for my replacement. It says there is a signature needed (there will be no one home), so i went onto MyUPS and had it changed to the loacl UPS off ice so i can pick up on the way home.
    09-22-2016 07:50 AM
    Using touchwiz. And the homepage shortcuts I don't have saved as Bookmarks
    I remember another user wanting to do this same thing. I think it was Serkie. Anyway, apparently it can't be done through TW. Only a 3rd party launcher. That's what one of the forum Ambassadors said anyway. Think it might've been Kelly.
    09-22-2016 08:48 AM
    It's probably me for misinterpreting what u mean but do u mean the home screen of the phone? open the folder and delete the name, add a new name. I'm thinking you might not mean that though. I've brain fog. Think I'm finally set up properly and signed into everything now.
    09-22-2016 08:52 AM
    I just received a deleviery date of tomorrow between 12 and 4:30 for my replacement. It says there is a signature needed (there will be no one home), so i went onto MyUPS and had it changed to the loacl UPS off ice so i can pick up on the way home.
    Great news! It's exciting finally getting your hands on it &bringing it home.
    From A Buick 8 and jimd1050 like this.
    09-22-2016 08:56 AM
    Does anyone know how to rename homepage shortcuts? Here's two I've done. I just want to rename them and can't figure how.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...acf708baaf.jpg
    Why don't you just add the email accounts to your Gmail app? ( I personally like BlackBerry HUB+) This way you don't have to log into it every time you want to get to your email?
    09-22-2016 08:56 AM
    Got mine this past Tuesday. Had to settle for blue coral. They didnt get any black. I have to say so far the performance is better than the first one. Does much better on battery.
    amyf27 and jimd1050 like this.
    09-22-2016 09:00 AM
    Why don't you just add the email accounts to your Gmail app? ( I personally like BlackBerry HUB+) This way you don't have to log into it every time you want to get to your email?
    I have a BlueMail email app and I keep my work email in the Outlook app. I have this as a web version email as there are a few settings on there that aren't in the app. I went ahead and just deleted and renamed new shortcuts for now
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:07 AM
    I have a BlueMail email app and I keep my work email in the Outlook app. I have this as a web version email as there are a few settings on there that aren't in the app. I went ahead and just deleted and renamed new shortcuts for now
    Oh, I see... Good to hear you found a solution!

Also, have you tried setting them up in the Edge Panel for Internet? I never used that panel, so I don't know if that would also fulfill the need.
    09-22-2016 09:14 AM
    Oh, I see... Good to hear you found a solution!

Also, have you tried setting them up in the Edge Panel for Internet? I never used that panel, so I don't know if that would also fulfill the need.
    I put a few things in there
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:25 AM
    I gave it all back. Didn't come up until the absolute end of the transaction (phone was in my hand, set up, & downloading the update through their wifi). I originally was only gonna give back just the box & headphones, but since the whole transaction was quite pleasant, I didn't care. I already had two adaptors (from my Note 4-now on my wireless charger & one I got cheap off of Groupon) & plenty of USB - USB C cables). Wasn't worth fighting for after everything else went so well.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:22 AM
    Does anyone know how to disable touch sounds in the Secure Folder?
    09-22-2016 11:38 AM
    Does anyone know how to disable touch sounds in the Secure Folder?
    In settings look for sounds and vibrations. Make sure touch sounds, vibrations, whatever else u want to silence is off.
    09-22-2016 12:28 PM
    This thread and a few others are reminiscent of the pre orders. I love all the excitement of receiving "new" releases.

Wasn't it cool how we got to keep our accessories? That in itself was worth the recall issue to me. Of course, I did an exchange when the new one was ready, so I didn't have the hassle of getting a replacement etc
    09-22-2016 02:18 PM
    This thread and a few others are reminiscent of the pre orders. I love all the excitement of receiving "new" releases.

Wasn't it cool how we got to keep our accessories? That in itself was worth the recall issue to me. Of course, I did an exchange when the new one was ready, so I didn't have the hassle of getting a replacement etc
    In retrospect, I kind of wish I had waited on returning my original Note7, and held out for an exchange, so I could have all the spare accessories. But it is what it is.
    Katrina White1 and jimd1050 like this.
    09-22-2016 02:41 PM
    not everybody is getting to keep their accessories, i think it is running about 50/50. my replacement note is due tomorrow, my plan is to only return the old phone.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-22-2016 07:00 PM
    Same. So glad I'm back on the Note because I don't think my loaner iPhone 6S+ would have survived the great toilet plunge.
    LOL. I know. So happy to have the Note 7 back in hand. I enjoyed what I thought was a worthy Samsung product in the S7E as a loaner but right before that was using my rather non water resistant old Note 3! Well-I did have some fun testing the S7E-turned a negative into a positive by seeing what it was like too, but could not wait to get the Note 7 back in hand and now I finally have everything re-set back to the way it should be.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-22-2016 08:14 PM
    LOL. I know. So happy to have the Note 7 back in hand. I enjoyed what I thought was a worthy Samsung product in the S7E as a loaner but right before that was using my rather non water resistant old Note 3! Well-I did have some fun testing the S7E-turned a negative into a positive by seeing what it was like too, but could not wait to get the Note 7 back in hand and now I finally have everything re-set back to the way it should be.
    I got the S7 edge as a loaner, turned it on and turned it right back off. I dunno but that phone looks soo hideous to me....lol.
    09-22-2016 09:45 PM
    I got the S7 edge as a loaner, turned it on and turned it right back off. I dunno but that phone looks soo hideous to me....lol.
    Lmao
    athenatp likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:48 PM
    Well mine is waiting for me at the local UPS hub, there customer window does not open until 1:30 though.
    09-23-2016 09:01 AM
    Well mine is waiting for me at the local UPS hub, there customer window does not open until 1:30 though.
    I remember that from the first one I picked up. Our local UPS Hub had two time frames during the day open for pickups
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-23-2016 09:06 AM
    So they really did ship yours to you directly without store involvement? I'm really peeved right now!!! I work 6 days a week and don't have a store near me. They said I had no choice, but to make the drive for a replacement.
    09-23-2016 09:28 AM
    So they really did ship yours to you directly without store involvement? I'm really peeved right now!!! I work 6 days a week and don't have a store near me. They said I had no choice, but to make the drive for a replacement.
    Yes it took all day on the 20th, and a little bit on the morning of the 21st to get it going. Now i am hearing that some of the folks who had theirs shipped are being told to not ship the old one back yet.
    09-23-2016 11:39 AM
    Yes it took all day on the 20th, and a little bit on the morning of the 21st to get it going. Now i am hearing that some of the folks who had theirs shipped are being told to not ship the old one back yet.
    Who's your carrier?
    09-23-2016 11:44 AM
    Who's your carrier?
    verizon, and i ordered my original note 7 from verizon .com.

the next part of the saga is that i did not receive the label to ship the recalled phone back.
    09-23-2016 06:49 PM
874 ... 2122232425 ...