10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    I got the S7 edge as a loaner, turned it on and turned it right back off. I dunno but that phone looks soo hideous to me....lol.
    LOL. I liked it fine. It was shaped a little different; it did its job so I was happy but I definitely like the shape of the N7 much better. The N7 has the curve feature just enough for function but retains the shape I like better.
    09-24-2016 06:10 PM
    Yes it took all day on the 20th, and a little bit on the morning of the 21st to get it going. Now i am hearing that some of the folks who had theirs shipped are being told to not ship the old one back yet.
    I was shipped my new one. Was also told after new one got here can not ship old one back, have to take old one to Corp store to return. Well did that today and of course they can't process the refund, they can only ship it back when they are allowed to. So called customer service and now they are saying they need to send a special box to return the old one. So here I am waiting. I'll be glad when this is all over, at least I have the new one already.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-24-2016 08:14 PM
    NIGHTMARE. HELP! I exchanged my perfectly working note for the new one Tues. No problems. Until Thurs. I powered it down then on. Wanted to check everything was working properly. In the top left corner it said NO SIM CARD/EMERGENCY CALL ONLY . I called Verizon where I got it , they never heard this before. Told me not to worry. NOT TO WORRY?? I called technical support. 1st the guy said it was probably just searching to connect. He said- I see you just activated it today. - NO-! it was activated 2 days ago. Him -then it's probably due to your billing cycle, it should straighten itself out in a few days. Hummm, that didn't sound right. An hr. later the phone and text wasn't working . Called technical support again from home phone. HIM- "that's not good". Long story short - I was told it's probably a faulty sim card. I went to my Verizon store & replaced it. All seemed fine while there. & for1 day. Then Yesterday (sat.), I powered it off again just to make sure the no sim card didn't appear. It did. So again, I called technical support. 3 Xs. 3hrs on the phone with 3 different people. I thought i was losing my mind..as i had other issues as well that they were trying to fix. LIKE - yesterday no one was receiving my email. I just powered off again, no sim card still appears. After a few seconds its replaced by a SEARCHING FOR Service , then after a few seconds that's replaced with VERIZON. So now I'm thinking in a few hrs I won't be getting calls or texts again. AND, if that wasn't frustrating enough, after sending email yesterday, which no one received, when checking the sent folder where my name should appear it says "Warranty Center". THAT was fixed yesterday by technical support after half hr. on that 1 problem alone. As of this second it's working normally. But going by what occurred before replacing the sim card, I expect it to do what it did with the 1st one - in a few hrs or a day I'll have no phone & text again. Anyone know what's going on? Email is fixed, & "warrant center" doesn't appear as sender in my emails . But after powering off & on the no sim card still appears. Then, as before, it searches, then changes to Verizon, then Verizon disappears after unlocking. Thanks in advance for any replies. Hope this makes sense to someone. , I REALLY don't want a 3rd phone to set up.
    09-25-2016 05:01 AM
    No one rerevious questions ? How about a screen protector that works . Has anyone found any?
    09-26-2016 06:23 AM
    No one rerevious questions ? How about a screen protector that works . Has anyone found any?
    I just ordered a tempered glass one that covers the flat part of the screen. I've tried several others that are supposed to work with the curve but of course it doesn't. So figured at least majority of the screen is protected better than no protection at all.
    09-26-2016 07:00 AM
    I just ordered a tempered glass one that covers the flat part of the screen. I've tried several others that are supposed to work with the curve but of course it doesn't. So figured at least majority of the screen is protected better than no protection at all.
    Thanks you . I'm still using the plastic protector that came with the phone. Went through 3 protectors with the 1st note. I Wanted tempered glass, naturally if was horrible.
    09-26-2016 07:19 AM
    Thanks you . I'm still using the plastic protector that came with the phone. Went through 3 protectors with the 1st note. I Wanted tempered glass, naturally if was horrible.
    To clarify- I had gotten full side coverage tempered glass. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.
    09-26-2016 07:41 AM
    NIGHTMARE. HELP! I exchanged my perfectly working note for the new one Tues. No problems. Until Thurs. I powered it down then on. Wanted to check everything was working properly. In the top left corner it said NO SIM CARD/EMERGENCY CALL ONLY . I called Verizon where I got it , they never heard this before. Told me not to worry. NOT TO WORRY?? I called technical support. 1st the guy said it was probably just searching to connect. He said- I see you just activated it today. - NO-! it was activated 2 days ago. Him -then it's probably due to your billing cycle, it should straighten itself out in a few days. Hummm, that didn't sound right. An hr. later the phone and text wasn't working . Called technical support again from home phone. HIM- "that's not good". Long story short - I was told it's probably a faulty sim card. I went to my Verizon store & replaced it. All seemed fine while there. & for1 day. Then Yesterday (sat.), I powered it off again just to make sure the no sim card didn't appear. It did. So again, I called technical support. 3 Xs. 3hrs on the phone with 3 different people. I thought i was losing my mind..as i had other issues as well that they were trying to fix. LIKE - yesterday no one was receiving my email. I just powered off again, no sim card still appears. After a few seconds its replaced by a SEARCHING FOR Service , then after a few seconds that's replaced with VERIZON. So now I'm thinking in a few hrs I won't be getting calls or texts again. AND, if that wasn't frustrating enough, after sending email yesterday, which no one received, when checking the sent folder where my name should appear it says "Warranty Center". THAT was fixed yesterday by technical support after half hr. on that 1 problem alone. As of this second it's working normally. But going by what occurred before replacing the sim card, I expect it to do what it did with the 1st one - in a few hrs or a day I'll have no phone & text again. Anyone know what's going on? Email is fixed, & "warrant center" doesn't appear as sender in my emails . But after powering off & on the no sim card still appears. Then, as before, it searches, then changes to Verizon, then Verizon disappears after unlocking. Thanks in advance for any replies. Hope this makes sense to someone. , I REALLY don't want a 3rd phone to set up.
    Is it still working, if not i would just have the phone replaced (i know its a pain). FWIIW my replacement Note is working great.
    09-26-2016 07:44 AM
    I have a few questions (first time android user here)
    • is there a good place to find more clock and weather widgets
    • Is it ok to disable these verizon apps Caller Name ID, Cloud and VZ Protect
    • Is there a way to make the apps page (or is it drawer) always open to page 1.
    • How do i put a folder in the edge panel
    • Speaking of the edge panel is there a way to make it always open on the "Apps Edge" panel
    • Is there a way to remove the apps folder from the bottom menu.
    • Is there a good calendar app that shows the actual data on the icon (do not really like the layout of the stock one)
    09-26-2016 07:52 AM
    Is it still working, if not i would just have the phone replaced (i know its a pain). FWIIW my replacement Note is working great.
    So far so good. I'm not powering it down, I don't want to know! But everything seems to be working perfectly. Faster, iris scanner is lightening speed, fingerprint also. Neither worked this well or quickly with my1st note. I barely get the iris scanner up to my face and it unlocks. I thought maybe after everything that went wrong there had to be something wrong with that as well. So I had 2 other people try it . It didn't unlock fire them. So I guess the battery problem was holding back on the speed & accuracy . And I thought the 1st one was great. All the issues seem to be resolved. Thanks for replying!
    09-26-2016 08:01 AM
    • Speaking of the edge panel is there a way to make it always open on the "Apps Edge" panel
    • Is there a good calendar app that shows the actual data on the icon (do not really like the layout of the stock one)
    Sounds like you need to go see a Samsung person at Best Buy with all the questions you have.
    That is what they are there for.
    09-26-2016 08:02 AM
    I was shipped my new one. Was also told after new one got here can not ship old one back, have to take old one to Corp store to return. Well did that today and of course they can't process the refund, they can only ship it back when they are allowed to. So called customer service and now they are saying they need to send a special box to return the old one. So here I am waiting. I'll be glad when this is all over, at least I have the new one already.
    Any news on the "special box" they are sending.
    09-26-2016 08:54 AM
    Any news on the "special box" they are sending.
    Nope. Getting the run around. It has to be shipped ground, most time they have the returns shipped thru USPS, I think they do ground. I'm about ready to just pay the shipping myself and send it ups ground
    09-26-2016 09:27 AM
    1. Google Play Store.
    2. I would think so. T-Mobile only gives a short free trial of the Caller ID app. I'm sure Verizon is the same. I use Samsung cloud. If you use it, there's no real reason to have both. I'm not sure what VZ Protect is. Prolly some kind of anti-virus/malware thing. T-Mo includes Lookout (same thing). I disabled it right away.
    3. Not that I know of.
    4. I think you can download additional edge panels from Samsung's app store that will allow you to place folders. I'd try putting one in the Tasks Panel first though.
    5. Mine always opens on the last open edge panel. Didn't find anything in settings to change that.
    6. Not without using a 3rd party launcher.
    7. Good question. I generally only use my calendar as birthday reminders. Meetings and other events I'm in the habit of keeping them in Keep for some reason.
    From A Buick 8 and amyf27 like this.
    09-26-2016 09:42 AM
    1. Google Play Store.
    2. I would think so. T-Mobile only gives a short free trial of the Caller ID app. I'm sure Verizon is the same. I use Samsung cloud. If you use it, there's no real reason to have both. I'm not sure what VZ Protect is. Prolly some kind of anti-virus/malware thing. T-Mo includes Lookout (same thing). I disabled it right away.
    3. Not that I know of.
    4. I think you can download additional edge panels from Samsung's app store that will allow you to place folders. I'd try putting one in the Tasks Panel first though.
    5. Mine always opens on the last open edge panel. Didn't find anything in settings to change that.
    6. Not without using a 3rd party launcher.
    7. Good question. I generally only use my calendar as birthday reminders. Meetings and other events I'm in the habit of keeping them in Keep for some reason.
    Read this quickly but if u want it to start from the panel u chose as being 1st, , before exiting the panels touch the first dot next to the settings wheel. That brings it back to the first panel . Then close the panels with the bank or home button.
    09-26-2016 11:58 AM
    U can also click the wheel after u open the edge panel to change the order of the panels and download more
    09-26-2016 12:10 PM
    U can also click the wheel after u open the edge panel to change the order of the panels and download more
    I knew you could change the order, but I don't use them enough to bother honestly. I have a feeling it'll be one of those things I start using after I've had the phone longer. Right now I'm trying to focus on using the SPen more as this is the first Note I've had.
    09-26-2016 12:17 PM
    Right now I'm trying to focus on using the SPen more as this is the first Note I've had.
    I found the single most justifying reason for keeping the note 7, lol. Today, I got an email from my main office that needed my signature on the attached document. I used my Note7/SPen to sign and return it right away. LOL. There's that, and all the reactions from people when I use Samsung Pay and they're shocked that it worked! In addition to using Samsung Pay, because of the recall and a hardware issue with my replacement, I got $40 free for using samsung pay on 3 different Note7s, lol!
    Preach2k and amyf27 like this.
    09-26-2016 12:30 PM
    I found the single most justifying reason for keeping the note 7, lol. Today, I got an email from my main office that needed my signature on the attached document. I used my Note7/SPen to sign and return it right away. LOL. There's that, and all the reactions from people when I use Samsung Pay and they're shocked that it worked! In addition to using Samsung Pay, because of the recall and a hardware issue with my replacement, I got $40 free for using samsung pay on 3 different Note7s, lol!
    This is what I use The Note Series for. Electronic Signatures on documents, along with credit card signatures. This is why I refused to turn in my original Note 7 until the replaceable Note 7s came out. I refused to take a S7 and Note 5. People on the forum called some of crazy for holding on to the original. I had no issues with it even when I gave it back to Verizon to get the New one. I love my Note 7. Ibwill use no other series.
    09-26-2016 12:38 PM
    Your going to find unbelievable things u can do with the Spen. Magnify is great? Is not a gimmick, I use it all the time. Everything i do has a use for the pen. Have u made a gif yet? FUN! The edge panel once you get into it you'll find it does things you're not expecting. It jumps right into an app to do what you'd normally need maybe 2 steps to accomplish the usual way. It's just getting usef to it. Once u do you'll use it all the time. There's no other phone like the 7. Nothings out there that comes close. I was freaked when I thought I might lose it. 😱
    Preach2k and Serkle K like this.
    09-26-2016 12:46 PM
    Your going to find unbelievable things u can do with the Spen. Magnify is great? Is not a gimmick, I use it all the time. Everything i do has a use for the pen. Have u made a gif yet? FUN! The edge panel once you get into it you'll find it does things you're not expecting. It jumps right into an app to do what you'd normally need maybe 2 steps to accomplish the usual way. It's just getting usef to it. Once u do you'll use it all the time. There's no other phone like the 7. Nothings out there that comes close. I was freaked when I thought I might lose it.
    For me, using the edge panels are my way of alleviating the things I don't have or not able to do, that I could do with my Passport and BB10 gestures. I have created a gif with my original Note7, but I was disappointed with not being able to send that gif like I wanted. I am still fighting with the repeated apps, and trying to figure out how to make this a more efficient device for my daily use. Samsung Pay is a definite way to do that for me.
    09-26-2016 12:51 PM
    Why couldn't u send the gif? I've sent some.
    09-26-2016 12:54 PM
    I forget what the error was, but it wouldn't let me send it. I tried to attach it in an email and in a text, and neither worked.
    09-26-2016 01:02 PM
    I've made more than a handful of GIFs and can't text them away ugh

I was able to email a GIF once but I'd much prefer texting it ....... but it seems no matter how short the GIF ...... it's too large and ends up being just a picture ?!
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-26-2016 01:12 PM
    When I get home ill check to see exactly what I did. I haven't done it yet on the new note. Been too busy getting my problems straightened out. Now that they are I'll make one and see if it goes through by mail & text. Will post after.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-26-2016 01:43 PM
874 ... 2223242526 ...