10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    What theme is this? I like the way the folders are 3d plates
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...6461f4da2f.jpg
    Not a theme, it's Nova Prime, you can change the colors and shapes of the folders and a ton of other customization as well. I started using it for the first time with my original Note 7 and will probably use it from now on, a little over whelming with all the options but that's whey I switched to Android, for the customization.
    09-28-2016 12:52 PM
    I agree. I'm happy with my Note overall. I'm more perplexed that a company as big as Samsung that's been making phones for so long can have signal issues when other companies don't in my area. Luckily I mostly have 4G, just not LTE. There's a section at my job that doesn't allow phone signal to work by design, and sometimes when I leave that area my Note refuses to reconnect. I have to reboot to connect. Other phones I've had do connect to the network automatically.
    Yeah, before you blame Samsung, listen - I'm not sure why, but I had Verizon for almost 20 years. My last phone with them was a Note 4 - I could NEVER make a call from my home office in my basement and rarely, could I get a text message out from the same spot. I switched to AT&T and got a Note 4 from them and had the same issue, switched to a Note 5 about a month later when they came out and still had the same results. Fast forward 11 months to the Note 7 release - phone calls, text messages - no problem! I have no idea why? Still AT&T, the only change is the Note 7 and it is the same with both the initial Note 7 and the Replacement Note 7 - I routinely have 2 to 3 bars of 4G now where with the previous phone, I had "No Signal" or "1X" - that's just my experience. I don't think that's AT&T, I think that's the Note 7 radios/software!

Edit: To rule out a Tower Change, I ran my Note 5 while waiting for the Replacement Note 7 and was back to the "No Phone Calls" for a week to ten days!
    09-28-2016 01:22 PM
    The cellular and GPS radios are certainly improved in the N7, but Samsung has always had weaker radios than most mfgs, and it is mindbogglingly frustrating. The gap in my N7 vs iPhone is less than ever, but there is still a gap.

Where I live Verizon has the best network for coverage, without a doubt, but there was no way in Hades I was switching to them (from AT&T). Driving around, cellular was ok with my N4, GPS was hit and miss, too often miss. On my N7 cellular has improved, and GPS never misses now. That is a major improvement.

Having said that my house is hidden under 15 huge oak trees, and 4 other types of trees - the whole neighborhood is like that. I had to get an AT&T microcell in the house to make sure my location was accessible to emergency services. Without it, I typically had one or two bars, very rarely 3. iPhone AT&T usually had 3, occasionally 4. My N4 had 1, and dropped calls frequently.

I am a Note person, and have been since the first one. I am not a Samsung 'fangal', I simply love the Note. There is no doubt, however, Samsung lacks in radio strength. It's a given, and a consolation I knowingly choose with every new Note.
    09-29-2016 12:48 PM
    The cellular and GPS radios are certainly improved in the N7, but Samsung has always had weaker radios than most mfgs, and it is mindbogglingly frustrating. The gap in my N7 vs iPhone is less than ever, but there is still a gap.

Where I live Verizon has the best network for coverage, without a doubt, but there was no way in Hades I was switching to them (from AT&T). Driving around, cellular was ok with my N4, GPS was hit and miss, too often miss. On my N7 cellular has improved, and GPS never misses now. That is a major improvement.

Having said that my house is hidden under 15 huge oak trees, and 4 other types of trees - the whole neighborhood is like that. I had to get an AT&T microcell in the house to make sure my location was accessible to emergency services. Without it, I typically had one or two bars, very rarely 3. iPhone AT&T usually had 3, occasionally 4. My N4 had 1, and dropped calls frequently.

I am a Note person, and have been since the first one. I am not a Samsung 'fangal', I simply love the Note. There is no doubt, however, Samsung lacks in radio strength. It's a given, and a consolation I knowingly choose with every new Note.
    Didn't try to turn Wi-Fi calling on.
    It's on the top of your menu.

Here is another choice that I took.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/
    09-29-2016 01:53 PM
    Just backup the original note with samsung cloud or smart switch .exchange the phone bring home the new one and set it up using the backup.thats what I did easy as pie.
    09-29-2016 03:42 PM
    A little off topic but kinda ON. Just read some i phones have started catching on fire and some exploding right in the box . Seriously. How lucky that explosions are behind us. It's apples turn now..
    kayjbee likes this.
    09-29-2016 06:09 PM
    It's the iPhone 7. Don't know about the 7+yet .
    09-29-2016 06:14 PM
    A little off topic but kinda ON. Just read some i phones have started catching on fire and some exploding right in the box . Seriously. How lucky that explosions are behind us. It's apples turn now..
    I've only seen one issue of this mentioned did you see others? In the post it says it's the iPhone 7 Plus https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comme...gl&sh=041be3cf In the pictures the box looks pretty tore up, wondering if something happened to it in transit. Here's a link to the images Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    09-29-2016 06:17 PM
    I saw some pics. Aside from exploding in boxes some have burst into flames or exploded when out of the box. The last article I read about it was in drippler. I don't believe what's going on!
    09-29-2016 06:32 PM
    Got my new Note 7 yesterday in Cobal Blue. Love it!
    jimd1050 and From A Buick 8 like this.
    09-29-2016 06:43 PM
    Got my new Note 7 yesterday in Cobal Blue. Love it!
    Congratulations!! It was SO worth the wait. It seems as the days pass I'm getting more out of the battery. Used it almost non stop for 18 hrs. 2hrs Utube, 2hrs streaming music, Internet, calls email & texts, a lot of time just playing with it, played with Google maps, a learn a new language app, downloaded a couple of things from play store , listened 2hrs to an audio book, then some reading, played with photos, made some gifts, compared items on amazon, made a drawing, went back and forth from Internet to Chrome. I like Internet a lot but always go back to chrome. I finally put it on the charger at 25%. That's pretty good! & Now it's time to put it to sleep! ๐ŸŒ™๐Ÿ˜ด.
    09-29-2016 07:58 PM
    Didn't try to turn Wi-Fi calling on.
    It's on the top of your menu.

Here is another choice that I took.

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/
    Thanls for the suggestions. I have used WiFi calling for some things, but for my home location, it's not enough. WiFi calling is good for some things, obviously, but may or may not work right with emergency services; that's not a chance I'm willing to take. I didn't have to pay for the microcell in the house because my area is a known low signal area for AT&T. I have no residual issues, and all works well now. There's almost always a workaround or fix. Not really complaining or griping, I just wanted to go through the detail for those wondering and/or thinking it is their carrier alone that causes the weak signals, and Samsung doesn't have radio issues. They do, no arguing that.
    09-29-2016 08:39 PM
    I went from a Note 4 to a Note 7, then returned it for a SAFE one. I find a little difference in the screen display between the two.Note 7 Owners club-img-20160923-wa0002_1474663190757.jpgNote 7 Owners club-img-20160923-wa0000.jpg
    09-30-2016 09:48 AM
    You do have options to choose the view you like best
    09-30-2016 09:59 AM
    I've only seen one issue of this mentioned did you see others? In the post it says it's the iPhone 7 Plus https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comme...gl&sh=041be3cf In the pictures the box looks pretty tore up, wondering if something happened to it in transit. Here's a link to the images Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Yeah, that one looked like something went right through the box and crushed the phone - I wish I could blame the phone but I wouldn't on that one anyway!
    10-01-2016 12:07 AM
    So I have my new replaced Note 7 (wish I love), but I noticed that on the "Always On Display" you can't not longer download your own personal image. ๐Ÿค”
    10-01-2016 07:12 AM
    So I have my new replaced Note 7 (wish I love), but I noticed that on the "Always On Display" you can't not longer download your own personal image. ๐Ÿค”
    You have to update your AOD first. Go to Settings / Display / Always On Display / About Always On Display. Then click on update. After the update go to Clock layouts and the last clock lets you select your own image.
    Arlene O likes this.
    10-01-2016 07:18 AM
    You have to update your AOD first. Go to Settings / Display / Always On Display / About Always On Display. Then click on update. After the update go to Clock layouts and the last clock lets you select your own image.
    Thank you so much!!!! ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Now I'm happy happy happy ๐Ÿ˜€
    Viscomi4444 and jimd1050 like this.
    10-01-2016 07:37 AM
    Wouldn't having a picture on the AOD cause it to use more battery?
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-01-2016 10:17 AM
    Thank you so much!!!! ๐Ÿ‘Œ
    Now I'm happy happy happy ๐Ÿ˜€
    Don't forget to share your AOD screen if you want ?? There's another thread for that
    Arlene O likes this.
    10-01-2016 10:31 AM
    I'm struggling at this point. I love my Note 7 but disappointed that the S Pen lost features that worked before. And ALL this battery talk, I believe, is detracting from other things that need to be focused on. Like bringing BACK the S Pen features that were lost (action notes). I know I can download S Notes, and I have...but I want this to work as ONE darn application.

But what I'm frustrated the most by is the unknown...I'm worried that the "stigma" is now there and will never go away with Note 7 ownership. I don't care what people think about me...but I DO care if people freak out because they think I'm putting them at risk of catching on fire, or I get pulled over in an airport line for further inspection because of my phone. I just want to use my darn phone and love it and enjoy it and see it evolve to what it CAN be. But I'm afraid all this battery stuff may have just brought all of it to a screeching halt. I don't think it will be taken off the market (god I hope not)...but I do feel I might have to spend my entire relationship with it defending it.

I vacillate between being annoyed/frustrated and being disappointed...yet still loving my device. I KNOW this thing is just a phone but darn I feel I'm on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

ETA: At this point I definitely want an exchange. I've been eyeballing the Moto Z and Z Force but they just don't do it for me like the Note 7 does. I don't want to settle. And I feel like I would be. Verizon gimps devices so I think the Pixels will be a no go for me on VZW. I think I'll be too annoyed at what they take away from me and then further annoyed by what they junk them up with to "enjoy" either of them.
    I'm surprised so few complaints about speaker. Notifications made me cringe.
    10-01-2016 11:34 AM
    can anyone help me here. Not sure if I need to do something. I haven't received an email from Samsung regarding 25% or $50 off accessories or whatever it is. They usually send one out and I usually purchase a few. Any ideas on this?
    10-01-2016 01:20 PM
    Wouldn't having a picture on the AOD cause it to use more battery?
    That's the only thing causing me not to add a picture to mine.
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-01-2016 09:53 PM
    Question for everyone, has anyone else been getting notifications from Samsung Plus about weak charging being detected? I get this every couple of days. I've tried turning off a bunch of apps and I'm using the Samsung fast charger so I'm not sure what's going on....
    10-01-2016 10:43 PM
    Question for everyone, has anyone else been getting notifications from Samsung Plus about weak charging being detected? I get this every couple of days. I've tried turning off a bunch of apps and I'm using the Samsung fast charger so I'm not sure what's going on....
    None here, myself.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-01-2016 11:04 PM
874 ... 2425262728 ...