Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

twmanga1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I gave it all back. Didn't come up until the absolute end of the transaction (phone was in my hand, set up, & downloading the update through their wifi). I originally was only gonna give back just the box & headphones, but since the whole transaction was quite pleasant, I didn't care. I already had two adaptors (from my Note 4-now on my wireless charger & one I got cheap off of Groupon) & plenty of USB - USB C cables). Wasn't worth fighting for after everything else went so well.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This thread and a few others are reminiscent of the pre orders. I love all the excitement of receiving "new" releases.

Wasn't it cool how we got to keep our accessories? That in itself was worth the recall issue to me. Of course, I did an exchange when the new one was ready, so I didn't have the hassle of getting a replacement etc

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
This thread and a few others are reminiscent of the pre orders. I love all the excitement of receiving "new" releases.

Wasn't it cool how we got to keep our accessories? That in itself was worth the recall issue to me. Of course, I did an exchange when the new one was ready, so I didn't have the hassle of getting a replacement etc

In retrospect, I kind of wish I had waited on returning my original Note7, and held out for an exchange, so I could have all the spare accessories. But it is what it is.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
not everybody is getting to keep their accessories, i think it is running about 50/50. my replacement note is due tomorrow, my plan is to only return the old phone.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Same. So glad I'm back on the Note because I don't think my loaner iPhone 6S+ would have survived the great toilet plunge.

LOL. I know. So happy to have the Note 7 back in hand. I enjoyed what I thought was a worthy Samsung product in the S7E as a loaner but right before that was using my rather non water resistant old Note 3! Well-I did have some fun testing the S7E-turned a negative into a positive by seeing what it was like too, but could not wait to get the Note 7 back in hand and now I finally have everything re-set back to the way it should be.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
LOL. I know. So happy to have the Note 7 back in hand. I enjoyed what I thought was a worthy Samsung product in the S7E as a loaner but right before that was using my rather non water resistant old Note 3! Well-I did have some fun testing the S7E-turned a negative into a positive by seeing what it was like too, but could not wait to get the Note 7 back in hand and now I finally have everything re-set back to the way it should be.

I got the S7 edge as a loaner, turned it on and turned it right back off. I dunno but that phone looks soo hideous to me....lol.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well mine is waiting for me at the local UPS hub, there customer window does not open until 1:30 though.

So they really did ship yours to you directly without store involvement? I'm really peeved right now!!! I work 6 days a week and don't have a store near me. They said I had no choice, but to make the drive for a replacement.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
So they really did ship yours to you directly without store involvement? I'm really peeved right now!!! I work 6 days a week and don't have a store near me. They said I had no choice, but to make the drive for a replacement.

Yes it took all day on the 20th, and a little bit on the morning of the 21st to get it going. Now i am hearing that some of the folks who had theirs shipped are being told to not ship the old one back yet.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I got the S7 edge as a loaner, turned it on and turned it right back off. I dunno but that phone looks soo hideous to me....lol.
LOL. I liked it fine. It was shaped a little different; it did its job so I was happy but I definitely like the shape of the N7 much better. The N7 has the curve feature just enough for function but retains the shape I like better.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes it took all day on the 20th, and a little bit on the morning of the 21st to get it going. Now i am hearing that some of the folks who had theirs shipped are being told to not ship the old one back yet.
I was shipped my new one. Was also told after new one got here can not ship old one back, have to take old one to Corp store to return. Well did that today and of course they can't process the refund, they can only ship it back when they are allowed to. So called customer service and now they are saying they need to send a special box to return the old one. So here I am waiting. I'll be glad when this is all over, at least I have the new one already.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
NIGHTMARE. HELP! I exchanged my perfectly working note for the new one Tues. No problems. Until Thurs. I powered it down then on. Wanted to check everything was working properly. In the top left corner it said NO SIM CARD/EMERGENCY CALL ONLY . I called Verizon where I got it , they never heard this before. Told me not to worry. NOT TO WORRY?? I called technical support. 1st the guy said it was probably just searching to connect. He said- I see you just activated it today. - NO-! it was activated 2 days ago. Him -then it's probably due to your billing cycle, it should straighten itself out in a few days. Hummm, that didn't sound right. An hr. later the phone and text wasn't working . Called technical support again from home phone. HIM- "that's not good". Long story short - I was told it's probably a faulty sim card. I went to my Verizon store & replaced it. All seemed fine while there. & for1 day. Then Yesterday (sat.), I powered it off again just to make sure the no sim card didn't appear. It did. So again, I called technical support. 3 Xs. 3hrs on the phone with 3 different people. I thought i was losing my mind..as i had other issues as well that they were trying to fix. LIKE - yesterday no one was receiving my email. I just powered off again, no sim card still appears. After a few seconds its replaced by a SEARCHING FOR Service , then after a few seconds that's replaced with VERIZON. So now I'm thinking in a few hrs I won't be getting calls or texts again. AND, if that wasn't frustrating enough, after sending email yesterday, which no one received, when checking the sent folder where my name should appear it says "Warranty Center". THAT was fixed yesterday by technical support after half hr. on that 1 problem alone. As of this second it's working normally. But going by what occurred before replacing the sim card, I expect it to do what it did with the 1st one - in a few hrs or a day I'll have no phone & text again. Anyone know what's going on? Email is fixed, & "warrant center" doesn't appear as sender in my emails . But after powering off & on the no sim card still appears. Then, as before, it searches, then changes to Verizon, then Verizon disappears after unlocking. Thanks in advance for any replies. Hope this makes sense to someone. , I REALLY don't want a 3rd phone to set up.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
No one re:previous questions ? How about a screen protector that works . Has anyone found any?
I just ordered a tempered glass one that covers the flat part of the screen. I've tried several others that are supposed to work with the curve but of course it doesn't. So figured at least majority of the screen is protected better than no protection at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol