10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 12345 ...
tools
    I really wish I was receiving my exchange the same way I got the phone, shipped. Then I could match them up setting for setting and send the bad one back.
    Verizon is allowing for that, if you pre-ordered the note7 and had it shipped to you then you can do the same thing with the replacement. This is my preferred option as well, keeps the store reps little monkey hands (I say this with love) off my phone.
    toenail_flicker and Savoy like this.
    09-09-2016 01:32 PM
    Same background here - nine years of iPhone coming off a 6s Plus, the iPhone 6se Plus (it DOES NOT merit a number upgrade) is not a true competitor for the GN7, battery issues notwithstanding. The camera has teh potential to be a win over the GN7, but I can't see 2x adding that much to the equation, and others have demonstrated over in the Photos thread that Apple's software "bokeh" is pretty similar to Selected Focus, and here now for GN7 users.

My son and I are digging ours heals in on this one and are staying in the club, which I think will be much larger and stronger than teh OP suggested. As I explianed elsewhere, thanks to BOGO we are getting two 320gb (free SD card offer) GN7's for $1063 - that is truly 2 for the price of one iP6se...with 64gb of storage to spare on each...

ONE PUBLIC SERVICE PLEA - After the exchange program is going full speed, Samsung should cooperate with all of the carriers to BLACKLIST the IMEI of all unreturned phones - NO EXCEPTION. They need to be disabled and folks must replace them, or we will all be crushed by any further incidents...
    You don't think Samsung should be able to take the phones back. And replace the Batteries and sell them to people like Walmart who sells phones and sells refurbished phones to people get on Straight Talk. ?

I do.
    The whole problem is the battery.

I think they should be able to refurbish the phones and sell them as refurbished phones.
    https://bgr.com/2016/09/08/galaxy-no...ecall-battery/
    09-09-2016 01:32 PM
    Whos to say you can't ask the carrier or whomever you get you new phone from.

That you can't ask to do that with smartswitch yourself from the people standing right there in the store.

And you can always back everything up on Google and to your computer and when you get home.
    Do a restore and back it up from your computer the way you want it.
    Just takes a little time.
    Its like this. You are getting a Brand New phone.
    09-09-2016 01:34 PM
    I prefer the comfort of my home.
    kh965 and Savoy like this.
    09-09-2016 01:36 PM
    I'm sticking with my Note 7, can't stand iPhone. So I will be swapping when the new N7 comes out(hopefully soon)
    09-09-2016 02:50 PM
    My current Note 7 has been flawless and working perfect with great battery life.
    I'm scared to trade it, hoping the replacement will be just as good.
    That's my fear. I know I have to trade it, but man it's tough knowing that I'm trading a device that has functioned near perfectly for me since I got it in August, for one that will potentially have the lag that others have complained about to no end.
    jamesrick80 and Kyd justus like this.
    09-09-2016 03:08 PM
    I really wish I was receiving my exchange the same way I got the phone, shipped. Then I could match them up setting for setting and send the bad one back.
    It should be just like an advance replacement with Apple Care - give them your credit card number, they ship replacmeent, you return within 10 days or they charge your card...
    toenail_flicker and cinnamin like this.
    09-09-2016 03:15 PM
    It should be just like an advance replacement with Apple Care - give them your credit card number, they ship replacmeent, you return within 10 days or they charge your card...
    This. Normally that's how it's happened. They are forcing this.
    09-09-2016 03:18 PM
    I guess you could say the note 7 is just to hot to handle for some ppl?
    LOL!
    09-09-2016 04:30 PM
    I am starting to get the feeling that there is only going to be a small number of us who end up owning the Note 7 when this is all said and done. On one hand this may be good for us at first, might be able to get some cheap note7 accessories, but later they may become scarce.

I have committed to the note 7 for at least the next 2 years, just need the swap to happen so I can settle into using my new phone daily.

So who else is looking forward to being one of the few?
    Loving my sleek Black Note 7.

Best experience to date with any device - can't keep my hands off it.

Based on presale numbers and glowing reviews, it wouldn't surprise me if the market for this phone continues to grow, albeit at a smaller overall distribution number, in spite of the recall.

People forget the tens of millions of I phone 4's sold with nonfunctioning antenna's ( granted a much less serious problem compared to a fire) but the phone continued to sale and resale( I know, it's an Apple product) and the last ten people asked this week didn't recall the antenna problem and or the phone model itself, unless they experienced it, and they continued with it and or another Apple product.

I think, and hope, this well be a faded memory within the next six or eight months, and if not, I look forward to being part of a select elite owners club!!!!
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-09-2016 04:40 PM
    Yeah, if I was going to buy an iPhone, I'd actually get the older 6s. I use the headphone jack everyday in my car (don't have Bluetooth and I'm not buying a new car/head unit anytime soon)

I also travel long distances every weekend, so being able to charge my phone while simultaneously listening to music is an absolute requirement.

It's just mind boggling to me that Apple, a supposedly global company, doesn't consider the use cases of those that might not live similar lifestyles to the people living in California USA.

Even if you assume everyone in the USA is ready for this wireless world ... What about their customers that aren't living in first world countries?
    I grabbed an Anker Bluetooth Sound Synch, works great for using my Note 7 and I don't have to plug it in directly anymore, best part if I get a call it's hands free.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0176...cUvbUpU5407070
    09-09-2016 05:26 PM
    The Note 7 club is starting to stink right about now.
    09-09-2016 05:37 PM
    Call me crazy but I am sticking with my Note 7. Absolutely amazing device. I hope I can get a replacement before the Feds mess up the entire process.
    09-09-2016 05:44 PM
    I love my note 7! I will wait for the replacement!
    SORRY Apple! Your phones are sooooo boring!
    kayjbee likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:44 PM
    Loving my sleek Black Note 7.

Best experience to date with any device - can't keep my hands off it.

Based on presale numbers and glowing reviews, it wouldn't surprise me if the market for this phone continues to grow, albeit at a smaller overall distribution number, in spite of the recall.

People forget the tens of millions of I phone 4's sold with nonfunctioning antenna's ( granted a much less serious problem compared to a fire) but the phone continued to sale and resale( I know, it's an Apple product) and the last ten people asked this week didn't recall the antenna problem and or the phone model itself, unless they experienced it, and they continued with it and or another Apple product.

I think, and hope, this well be a faded memory within the next six or eight months, and if not, I look forward to being part of a select elite owners club!!!!
    Well Apple is Apple, no other brand can command a fan base like them.

6 to 8 mths down the road, people who are still giving Samsung a chance will probably be looking at S8 instead of Note 7, unless it is selling at a huge discount. Looking at how this is going, it seems more like we are going to be a small exclusive Note 7 club.
    09-09-2016 05:59 PM
    Well Apple is Apple, no other brand can command a fan base like them.

6 to 8 mths down the road, people who are still giving Samsung a chance will probably be looking at S8 instead of Note 7, unless it is selling at a huge discount. Looking at how this is going, it seems more like we are going to be a small exclusive Note 7 club.
    If we don't blow up in the meantime.
    09-09-2016 06:07 PM
    Now it's the "waiting months for your Note 7 because of the Official recall" club

http://gizmodo.com/samsungs-galaxy-note-7-recall-is-a-nightmare-so-far-1786448890
    09-09-2016 06:24 PM
    Mine is charging right now, no problems at all. Even using the wall charger and cable.
    09-09-2016 06:41 PM
    Now it's the "waiting months for your Note 7 because of the Official recall" club

Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 Recall Is a Nightmare So Far
    Gizmodo is trash. They're Apple fansboys.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:17 PM
    Well, count me in. I'm just waiting for Best Buy to let me know when the replacements come in. I got another email today so it looks like things are at least moving forward though they are of course not in yet. I'm gladly exchanging for a new N7. Minor nuisance, yes, but worth it for me. Zero interest in returning to the iPhone ecosystem again. Left it in 2014. I'm very happy with the Note 7 - use the stylus feature-serves my needs, and I LOVE the phone so all they need to do is fix the battery problem. Came from a Note 3 (which I still have). I'm using my current N7 in the meantime-haven't been willing to part with it-it's doing fine. I don't use the fast charging on it, don't charge in my car or anything like that, not overcharging it.
    09-09-2016 07:19 PM
    Note 7 will be my phone for at least the next two years. Hopefully I dun get a bad unit from the exchange, really satisfied with my current unit.
    Same here...but I hope they don't keep me waiting too long.
    09-09-2016 07:45 PM
    it may be true that now the feds are involved it may take longer. however i am in, i really like this phone. the owners club rules!!
    09-09-2016 08:45 PM
    I am keeping my current Note 7 until the replacement comes along. I I don't want any other phone as I have owned every single note out there....so I am in for the long haul. I change my phone every year when the new Note comes out....so unless Samsung makes something way better than the Note, I'll keep what I have.
    jamesrick80 and msndrstood like this.
    09-09-2016 09:15 PM
    I love my phone. I am not giving it up until a replacement becomes available. I am a permanent member of the club!
    msndrstood and lanenubia like this.
    09-09-2016 09:16 PM
    Most of us, if not all love our N7. If we didn't we wouldn't have spent a grand to own it. I think Samsung and the providers are missing the point. When you pony up the money for a Porsche and it has to go in for a recall, you're not going to want the Hyundai as your temp replacement.
    09-09-2016 09:22 PM
874 12345 ...