10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    If you are worried , just take the N7 back and use your back up phone (if you have one) until you find another phone you like. I don't want to return my N7 again , but if Samsung tells me I have to then I'll just have to go back to my old phone. For right now I'm just sticking with my N7 until further notice. It's risky, but that's my choice .Doing this my way may not be the right fit for everyone. People are making the situation harder than what it has to be. Stop worrying yourselves and take the phone back if that's an option for you.Everybody is getting all worked up with the thought of having a dangerous phone, but aren't taking advantage of the option of taking it back.
    10-09-2016 04:49 AM
    The word deactivate is enough to cause me nightmares! So far, 1 phone. If nothing else is in the news this will fade away. And we'll have our safe Ns. My N4 isn't the 7 but I'll be happy using that if I have to until the 8 comes out. I HOPE it doesn't come to that. I don't think they'd ever pull the N line. I'm betting the 8 will be mind boggling. If u really give thought to this, it's 1 phone only. 1 out of how many?? & Who knows what accident the guy might have had with it. No news is good news.
    5 phones now. . I'm done.
    10-09-2016 05:46 AM
    There is no replacement for the N7. Without a stylus you just have a phone like everyone else. I used the S-Pen and drawing capabilities of the N7 a lot for work. The Note series has been my only device since leaving the iPhone 4. Chances are there is no Samsung cover up. If there was a cover-up the first recall would have taken a lot longer.

If the people with the defective phones are not turning them in for testing or forensics then how is it Samsung's cover-up? Only one person has said the phone has melted the case. Everyone here runs outs to purchase screensavers and there are threads dedicated to which is the best case to have. Chances are the people with defective phones may be keeping them in their back pockets, causing them to bend or stress the circuit boards.

I traded my phones for the replacements. A complete recall of all the Note 7 devices will have to be issued for me to give it back.
    10-09-2016 07:19 AM
    Ifs funny how everybody on here is a authority about phones and electronics.
    And they know what needs to be done.
    And everybody is insecure.
    Preach2k likes this.
    10-09-2016 07:25 AM
    Anxiety and speculation that's all we're talking about here
    10-09-2016 09:24 AM
    I was obviously wrong about the #s of exploding 7s. Far too many in ONE week. I'll always be a Note owner. Regardless of cover ups by samsung, if that's the case. BUT- with this situation getting worse by the hour I can't be dumb about the fact it will continue. I don't know what I'd do until the N8 is out. The SPen is always in my hand. I need it. Is there ANYTHING out there with a stylus that's not garbage to switch to until the N8? I have my N4 but after using it for an hr. i missed the advancements of the 7 too much to use it daily for the time frame im talking about. I have my Samsungs tablet, everything I own is Samsung. I use SideSync, but no big deal losing that. I also need the large display. Don't want to go to a smaller screen. iPhone will NEVER see my face looking back at it.. I really don't know what to do. I depend on and use my Note for everything I do. Very confused. If anyone can offer suggestions, please do. I've researched a little but doing that is depressing in itself. 😣. I know it's supposedly "just a phone". The 7 ISN'T just a phone. If u HAVE TO , where do you go from here??
    That's all I did all day yesterday - research. First, I agree - I ran my Note 5 while waiting for the Replacements to arrive and even that drove me crazy ss THERE IS NO GOING BACK for me! I spent this morning taking screen shots of all my s-Notes just in case there's no way to get back to them in the future! Still waiting to hear from AT&T - will only accept a full refund, don't want an S7, S7 Edge or anything else they offer at the moment. Waiting to hear more about the Google Pixel XL... really sad right now!
    10-09-2016 09:54 AM
    If you are worried , just take the N7 back and use your back up phone (if you have one) until you find another phone you like. I don't want to return my N7 again , but if Samsung tells me I have to then I'll just have to go back to my old phone. For right now I'm just sticking with my N7 until further notice. It's risky, but that's my choice .Doing this my way may not be the right fit for everyone. People are making the situation harder than what it has to be. Stop worrying yourselves and take the phone back if that's an option for you.Everybody is getting all worked up with the thought of having a dangerous phone, but aren't taking advantage of the option of taking it back.
    My country has no option of returning/refunding or exchanging to another model.
    10-09-2016 09:59 AM
    That's all I did all day yesterday - research. First, I agree - I ran my Note 5 while waiting for the Replacements to arrive and even that drove me crazy ss THERE IS NO GOING BACK for me! I spent this morning taking screen shots of all my s-Notes just in case there's no way to get back to them in the future! Still waiting to hear from AT&T - will only accept a full refund, don't want an S7, S7 Edge or anything else they offer at the moment. Waiting to hear more about the Google Pixel XL... really sad right now!
    I was told they are accepting refunds. I am going this morning in 1 hour, so I will let you know my outcome.
    10-09-2016 10:02 AM
    I'm keeping my Note. Unless they issue a full recall or the FAA bans the device. None of which has happened yet.
    10-09-2016 10:27 AM
    I watched the live Pixel event. I'm guessing you won't be interested after having the 7. The only thing I'm panicked about is the possibility of giving it up. Which I won't unless I'm given no choice. I'm just trying to think ahead in case of... what if... & Although a major inconvenience If it comes to deactivation, that someone mentioned a few days ago, sorry - can't remember who right now , I guess I can reactivate my N4 for calls and texts and use my 7 for everything else. I'm NOT worried about my phone exploding 🤔. It's in my hand every waking minute. I clearly just answered my own question. I can't give it up. I hope there won't be a need to carry 2 notes but Ill always love my N4.
    10-09-2016 10:27 AM
    I'm keeping my Note. Unless they issue a full recall or the FAA bans the device. None of which has happened yet.
    My fingers are crossed.
    10-09-2016 10:31 AM
    5 phones now. . I'm done.
    I know. I read last night it was up to 5. That's when I began thinking - best thing for me is NOT THINK & just enjoy it. Hopefully next month this will be nothing but a bad memory.
    dario12v likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:34 AM
    Just got back from AT&T and had ZERO issues. The lady was nice and knew about the issues of the replacements. She actually entered it all in the system and thought she had to get a code for the no restocking fee like she had to do for the last two days and this morning it automatically did it as it knew what phone. So AT&T did something over night to program the system for returns. My account is already reset and taxes were reimbursed to my checking account.
    10-09-2016 11:43 AM
    Just got back from AT&T and had ZERO issues. The lady was nice and knew about the issues of the replacements. She actually entered it all in the system and thought she had to get a code for the no restocking fee like she had to do for the last two days and this morning it automatically did it as it knew what phone. So AT&T did something over night to program the system for returns. My account is already reset and taxes were reimbursed to my checking account.
    So no more note? 😫 What are you going to do? I have to stick it out & hope it ends well. I literally can't put it down. What do u think you'll end up with?
    10-09-2016 11:56 AM
    Did you get a replacement at the store or do you parent lee have a back up phone sorry I can't recall there are quite a few conversations on here
    10-09-2016 12:12 PM
    Earlier I wrote about a samsung cover up. It was actually a - try to cover up- it was the man who had smoke inhalation, I think from Kentucky, he went to the hospital very sick. This happened tues. It was reported yesterday. The man had received a text message from Samsung that was not meant for him. It was about trying to keep the man quiet as long as possible. I don't know what happened immediately after that, I guess bc of the text he received he released the information himself immediately thereafter. You can find it on utube. Video was put up 1hr ago by Greg?? I'm certain it can be explained better than my feeble attempt if you search utube. I'm officially done searching for new news... This was in my notification panel as I follow note 7 news. Sad.
    10-09-2016 12:58 PM
    10-09-2016 02:45 PM
    I'm out !
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-09-2016 02:46 PM
    I want to know ...
    Note 7 supports Quick Charge 3.0 or 2.0 or ....
    10-09-2016 02:49 PM
    So no more note? What are you going to do? I have to stick it out & hope it ends well. I literally can't put it down. What do u think you'll end up with?
    No more Note 7 for me. Maybe in a year if they come out with an 8. But I have lost faith in Samsung now. Maybe the LG V20 as it felt good when I held the dummy phone at AT&T. If not, iPhone again..

Did you get a replacement at the store or do you parent lee have a back up phone sorry I can't recall there are quite a few conversations on here
    Backup phone Microsoft Lumnia 640 crappy thing...at least it works to get me by for a short time.
    10-09-2016 02:54 PM
    I want to know ...
    Note 7 supports Quick Charge 3.0 or 2.0 or ....
    I'm pretty sure it's 2.0
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-09-2016 02:56 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's 2.0
    thats a bumer
    wish it was the new 3.0
    10-09-2016 03:05 PM
    thats a bumer
    wish it was the new 3.0
    I think I remember reading they went with the 2.0 bc it was SAFER. Now THAT'S funny if it wasn't so sad..
    Super Dave426 likes this.
    10-09-2016 03:10 PM
    Just found out from a friend who works for AT&T that they are recalling all Note 7s that weren't sold in stores, all display media, and anything that is related to a Note 7. AT&T is no longer selling the phone period.
    10-09-2016 03:40 PM
    Just found out from a friend who works for AT&T that they are recalling all Note 7s that weren't sold in stores, all display media, and anything that is related to a Note 7. AT&T is no longer selling the phone period.
    When u say all that weren't sold in stores do u mean those purchased at stores like Verizon, AT&T, etc. agent being recalled ? Or are. - Been a long day!
    10-09-2016 03:58 PM
874 ... 2930313233 ...