10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 32333435
tools
    I am done as well....and really not because of the phone. But for us that went, stood in line, waited for the replacement Note 7 and to be told power down and we will give you $25???? I am done. This to me is worse than not being able to use the phone. I am not going to Apple. But I think I am done with Samsung....I don't even want the Note 5 now. So I have to look for another phone over the weekend and return my Note 7, maybe Moto Z or Moto Play. I don't even know their names....
    It's a wrap.
    naturecannon likes this.
    10-10-2016 06:40 PM
    I can't believe what's going on. SAMSUNG saying to power down the and not use it!! At this point I'm sick to death of samsung. Except for the fact that there's no substitute for the 7. I have the tablet as well so I'm really not happy right now. I think I'll have my N4 turned back on tomorrow and try to find a N5. This was the first phone I've ever bought. If things turn around Ill have the 7 to reactivate. Sure, they really care about their customers safety and well being. I'm sick to death of hearing that. I also have the Brooklyn Bridge to sell them.
    I have the S2 tablet too.... This has finally gotten to me and I am PO'd right now.
    10-10-2016 06:43 PM

Samsung officially stops Galaxy Note 7 sales globally, urges owners to power down phones

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=b
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-10-2016 06:45 PM
    I am done as well....and really not because of the phone. But for us that went, stood in line, waited for the replacement Note 7 and to be told power down and we will give you $25???? I am done. This to me is worse than not being able to use the phone. I am not going to Apple. But I think I am done with Samsung....I don't even want the Note 5 now. So I have to look for another phone over the weekend and return my Note 7, maybe Moto Z or Moto Play. I don't even know their names....
    It's a wrap.
    LG V20 is great. Definitely look at it as I might get it myself. It's faster than my N7 when I tested it.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-10-2016 06:46 PM
    V20 is a great substitute for it. Just no s-pen.
    Ive heard a lot about that. But there goes my sidesync. Not really important though. Being that I own the 7 , maybe I should either reactivate the N4 so I'll have the spen and phone service & still be able to use the 7 for everything else. Does that make sense? Or maybe I should get a N5 and get things like always on display from the play Store. Use the 5 until the N8 comes out. If u can't tell I'm VERY CONFUSED! I use this for everything I do. I'm starting to feel like I'm trapped in the Twilight zone & losing my mind! HELP!!!!!
    10-10-2016 06:55 PM
    And if not for forums like this where would we be? No statement, no information com them, set have to find this out by ourselves through eachother and reading everything we can find in the Internet? The thought of learning a foreign, unfamiliar phone right now makes me physically ill and mentally exhausted.
    10-10-2016 07:01 PM
    Get ready for second round of teasing when we return to work guys
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:01 PM
    Ive heard a lot about that. But there goes my sidesync. Not really important though. Being that I own the 7 , maybe I should either reactivate the N4 so I'll have the spen and phone service & still be able to use the 7 for everything else. Does that make sense? Or maybe I should get a N5 and get things like always on display from the play Store. Use the 5 until the N8 comes out. If u can't tell I'm VERY CONFUSED! I use this for everything I do. I'm starting to feel like I'm trapped in the Twilight zone & losing my mind! HELP!!!!!
    At this point, I am not holding out for a Note 8....we don't even know what will happen to the Note Brand. What about the One Plus?
    10-10-2016 07:02 PM
    Don't nobody talk crap to me about this phone right now or tomorrow or the rest of the week.....lol. I will go bat **** crazy on them.....lmao.
    10-10-2016 07:04 PM
    So pissed at Samsung right now. I had to buy the new VR as the old one wouldn't work with the note 7. Love the edge but really love the note 7 as I'm a huge spen fan. I'm sick of reprogramming a phone due to their stupidity an their $25 is a damn joke! I've spent tons of money on accessories. I'm not giving them back my phone this time. They need to cater to us!! If I didn't have their damn watch, vr, tablet an TV that I use all together I'd go to apple and I don't like apple. A damn home phone sounds good about now!
    10-10-2016 07:07 PM
    Lol story of myblife
    10-10-2016 07:09 PM
    So pissed at Samsung right now. I had to buy the new VR as the old one wouldn't work with the note 7. Love the edge but really love the note 7 as I'm a huge spen fan. I'm sick of reprogramming a phone due to their stupidity an their $25 is a damn joke! I've spent tons of money on accessories. I'm not giving them back my phone this time. They need to cater to us!! If I didn't have their damn watch, vr, tablet an TV that I use all together I'd go to apple and I don't like apple. A damn home phone sounds good about now!
    U really, just made me laugh out loud....lmao. A home phone....I can't...lol
    But you are right, they need to cater to whomever has a Note replacement. I feel like placing a call or writing them or my danm Attorney General (if we can even do that).
    10-10-2016 07:10 PM
    Ohhhh I couldn't help but think of this all today especially since we were off !??!

I'll be ready tomorrow and all week with nothing but hourly banter and BS from the guys !??!?!

Wiley_11 likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:11 PM
    if they disable my note 7 i will just wait for the S8.
    10-10-2016 07:14 PM
    if they disable my note 7 i will just wait for the S8.
    How in the world can they disable our phones? Yeah maybe by a update but not remotely. I don't think??
    athenatp likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:22 PM
    How in the world can they disable our phones? Yeah maybe by a update but not remotely. I don't think??
    3 ways that folks have talked about.
    with an update.
    by banning the imei
    or by the battery shorting out and the phone pulling the mission impossible self destruct.
    lizette1222 likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:37 PM
    you can block update. Banning IMEI , too many to ban and would slow down networks.
    10-10-2016 10:31 PM
    Sold my free promo gear vr so I at least recouped something lol. Waiting on the 256 gb memory card promo now for the s7edge
    10-11-2016 04:44 AM
    I am starting to get the feeling that there is only going to be a small number of us who end up owning the Note 7 when this is all said and done. On one hand this may be good for us at first, might be able to get some cheap note7 accessories, but later they may become scarce.

I have committed to the note 7 for at least the next 2 years, just need the swap to happen so I can settle into using my new phone daily.

So who else is looking forward to being one of the few?
    Im so happy to tell that you are wrong..!! :P cause its not few..! we have a massive crowd who are willing to hold this NOTE 7... and almost 90% chose the replacement device... so lets see whats happening... even im gonna stay with this NOTE 7 if they go for another recall or proper fix!
    10-11-2016 04:54 AM
    you can block update. Banning IMEI , too many to ban and would slow down networks.
    What can I use to block the update.
    10-11-2016 05:00 AM
    Im so happy to tell that you are wrong..!!cause its not few..! we have a massive crowd who are willing to hold this NOTE 7... and almost 90% chose the replacement device... so lets see whats happening... even im gonna stay with this NOTE 7 if they go for another recall or proper fix!
    I am sticking with it as well. For me it will be easy, I rarely travel on a plane so no worries there and I really do not care what the folks around me say. So yes if I can keep this phone from being bricked somehow then I am in.
    10-11-2016 05:02 AM
    Just had a conversation with my fiancée. I'm stuck with accessories and gift cards I have to try to use up or lose out on. We're getting married in the next year, we have a sick dog, and the current state of my job isn't stable right now because of some bad contracts.

This really sucks because she saw what I go through in the process with deciding to spent time and money on a device like this. I asked her if I were to get another device now, would I still be able to get the new Note next year, and she responded with No. Simply because these things aren't cheap, and we buy our devices outright. I was considering going to the S7 edge until the next Note, but she knows that's not the device I absolutely wanted., so she'd rather me try to recoup all of my money until next year. I do kind of agree with her. A part of me is so torn because of the cases, and screen protectors I don't think I can return, because of this. And the fact that the S7 is a less pricey device. Considering all the things this device and the S7 have in common, I'd be willing to "downgrade" until the next Note comes out, but not if I have to wait another two years at the earliest to try to get another Note.

This is really so disappointing and disheartening. It's hard for me to distrust or be angry with Samsung, because as far as I know, they designed this device to be a top of the line, high quality and feature rich device. I don't believe that the had any malicious intent with the way this went into the Note 7 or that they had any previous knowledge that these events would play out as they are or have the high number of issues they're having. Do I wish things happened differently, absolutely. I'm sure we all do. Not that I don't love my BlackBerry Passport and BB10, but the devices are night and day. And nothing else out on the market seems to be close to what I'd like to have as much as the Note7, right now. I would like to thhave no the S7/S7 Edge would play a close second considering the similarities.

I'm really just torn on what to do.

Sorry for the rant.
    10-11-2016 05:11 AM
    Samsung Officially Discontinued NOTE 7...?? is this true..?
    10-11-2016 05:18 AM
    They will have to come in with the Army to make me shut down my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 or ask me to give it back lol
    I AM KEEPING MY NOTE 7
    10-11-2016 05:20 AM
    Samsung Officially Discontinued NOTE 7...?? is this true..?
    Yes. Discontinuation of the Note 7, let alone any product in this situation, was inevitable. Not company would dare put themselves or their customers through a second recall and exchange, let alone want to go through it the first time. Why would this be so hard to believe?!
    10-11-2016 05:25 AM
874 ... 32333435