10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I will stay with note 7 .l love this phone.mine runs great .have had it 10 days no issues.
    09-10-2016 01:16 PM
    Ok I'm curious now. The jeep fire he said he had it 2 days. Everyone that is still using your phone what is the mfg date? Mine is 8/5/2016. Received it on the 18th.
    Mine is 8/1/2016 received the 24th...
    Where are you guys finding your manufacture dates? I don't see it on the sticker of the box, nor in the phone status area of settings. Regardless, the manufacture dates will not tell you anything useful. It doesn't tell you which machine(s) in Korea your battery was manufactured on, and if the same problematic machine(s) was used on one built 8/1 and 8/5 they are just as likely to have the problem as one another. The Jeep person's story is still extreme suspect. (Since it was apparently charging in the car that means he was using a non-Samsung cigarette lighter plug (I never head of Samsung making any), and there is a good chance his cable was not the original either). Other additional factors contributed to his situation (hot day, parked in sun, windows may have been closed and top on, and many other things).
    lions_lair99 likes this.
    09-10-2016 02:40 PM
    Considering this is an Android forum, I am very surprised to see all the talk about going to the new iPhone as an alternative replacement. I see ithe talk all across the board and it blows me away!! It's not even a comparable device considering the OS. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, after all , you are on android forums and do have an adroid device.

Not knocking anyone just curious, of why such a drastic switch. Going back as long as I can remember since the beginning of android , i couldn't imagine going to an iPhone for an android replacement choice .
    Yeal the panic on here is crazy! I guess in the world of data we want it now. I'm a android person and will stay, there will be a lot of people wishing they hadn't changed platforms , lets just calm down and let this play out.
    In the end I will still be a Note 7 user, I will admit my decision to upgrade came at a bad time. The 2017 new releases will really have the wow factor everyone wants.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-10-2016 02:52 PM
    Yeal the panic on here is crazy! I guess in the world of data we want it now. I'm a android person and will stay, there will be a lot of people wishing they hadn't changed platforms , lets just calm down and let this play out.
    In the end I will still be a Note 7 user, I will admit my decision to upgrade came at a bad time. The 2017 new releases will really have the wow factor everyone wants.
    The only way I will not be an Note 7 owner after all this is if they cancelled it all together then I will be a Note 8 owner next year!
    athenatp likes this.
    09-10-2016 02:58 PM
    I guess you could say the note 7 is just to hot to handle for some ppl?
    Note 7 Owners club-laugh_b.jpg
    09-10-2016 03:06 PM
    The only way I will not be an Note 7 owner after all this is if they cancelled it all together then I will be a Note 8 owner next year!
    Been using my 7 for the past 5 hours ,chatting talking , gps to dunkin donuts 25min drive mad no parking available down town SD , streaming bluetooth , using fingerprint sensor, reading email , spen to resize photo to mms friend and all that and more , no eccessive heat , im @ 68% battery after hours of continual use!
    Not willing to do a loner.
    09-10-2016 03:07 PM
    Where are you guys finding your manufacture dates? I don't see it on the sticker of the box, nor in the phone status area of settings.
    I just downloaded Phone INFO from the google play store. App has a lot of info on it, even a refurb check. I'll be installing it on my replacement just to check that.

Mine is 2016/08/09
    09-10-2016 03:15 PM
    I thought of the below when reading those who are keeping their original Notes for now !!

My Blue Coral N7 was working great with no issues when I turned it in last week and I wish I had more guts to had held it ........
    hang in there !!

jimd1050 and Gray Area like this.
    09-10-2016 03:40 PM
    My goal with the thread was not too bash iPhone users as to celebrate the brave few of us who will keep their note7 and use it proudly. This is the flagship android phone right now and rightly so IMHO.

I am an recent android convert so I understand the lure of iOS (went back to an old cracked screen 5s until my note 7 gets replaced). iOS is easy to use (great for first time users), it is very polished, lots of good apps and is very good at getting you to your destination (no pun intended for apple maps). For me it just lacks a wanted level of customization and individuality that I crave right now. Each OS has some quirks and I know will give up some things to have this level of customization but for me that is an easy trade off.

So who wants to make the Note 7 Owners Club T-Shirts, lets show the world that we wave our individuality freely.
    First, I'll join - I charged my Note 7 to 100% this afternoon, had my AT&T Rep pull the SIM out, put it in it's original box and then put the SIM in my Note 5 until the new 7's arrive. She said Samsung is still telling them ten to fifteen days??? I haven't had any issues but after watching the News last night about the Consumer Product Safety Commission Warning, my wife got antsy so I packed it away for her piece of mind!

Second, give me a couple of days - I'll screw around with CorelDRAW and Photoshop and see if I can come up with a T-Shirt design for the group!!! I've done this stuff before for camping groups, truck clubs, etc. that I belong to... I'll give it a shot!

Meanwhile, I'm rockin' my old Note 5!
    09-10-2016 03:40 PM
    Mine was manufactured on 08/11/2016 and I received it on the 19th.
    Made in Korea and been 100% perfect.
    09-10-2016 03:44 PM
    Been using my 7 for the past 5 hours ,chatting talking , gps to dunkin donuts 25min drive mad no parking available down town SD , streaming bluetooth , using fingerprint sensor, reading email , spen to resize photo to mms friend and all that and more , no eccessive heat , im @ 68% battery after hours of continual use!
    Not willing to do a loner.
    Yes it does get great battery life!!! Heard people talking about lag. I have none!!!!
    09-10-2016 03:46 PM
    Mine says 8/16/16 Made in Korea!
    09-10-2016 03:50 PM
    09-10-2016 03:52 PM
    The question I have is what was the date of first run of the phones that burnt up? It's like at some point Samsung had to grab batteries from sdi and I believe that was at a later date than most pre orders. It was last week I first found out about the phones issue.
    09-10-2016 03:55 PM
    I went to return mine last week but they couldn't get my Sprint version unlocked. Sprint gave me some code (MLS maybe?) for ATT to unlock, it didn't work so I can't use my N4. After my ATT guy gave me the run down on the S7E replacement, I decided to keep my 7 till 7.1 is released. So add me to the club!

I am a bit uncomfortable with charging so I monitor it on a non flammable surface. At night once my son is home from work, I turn it off and use my N4 to browse the web, etc. I just wish they do their testing and release the flawless phones already. This has really reduced my user experience rating.
    09-10-2016 04:00 PM
    Where are you guys finding your manufacture dates? I don't see it on the sticker of the box, nor in the phone status area of settings. Regardless, the manufacture dates will not tell you anything useful. It doesn't tell you which machine(s) in Korea your battery was manufactured on, and if the same problematic machine(s) was used on one built 8/1 and 8/5 they are just as likely to have the problem as one another. The Jeep person's story is still extreme suspect. (Since it was apparently charging in the car that means he was using a non-Samsung cigarette lighter plug (I never head of Samsung making any), and there is a good chance his cable was not the original either). Other additional factors contributed to his situation (hot day, parked in sun, windows may have been closed and top on, and many other things).
    Phone info Samsung. No I was getting at such an early date may mean less of a chance we have the issue. Samsung already stated they ran out of batteries and had to start using the sdi batteries. This is what ticks me off so much. My N7 does not have separation of the glass and several of the N7s I have seen with that issue it is on the left side where the battery is. Which just says battery bulge to me. They dont want to lay blame on the fact they didn't keep up with what went where and that those batteries are probably larger in size causing the bulge and the burning up issue. Seen that kind of junk done in foreign made stuff way too often.
    09-10-2016 04:02 PM
    I we'll be hanging on, the phone is too good. But will definitely exchange, not worth the hassle to keep

I charge it with a fast charger turned off for an hour in the morning, never go to full strength. I charge in my kitchen on non flammable stone cabinet away from everything. Never warms at all

Then i don't plug it in all day and let it die at night.

Then start over the next morning
    09-10-2016 04:05 PM
    Considering this is an Android forum, I am very surprised to see all the talk about going to the new iPhone as an alternative replacement. I see ithe talk all across the board and it blows me away!! It's not even a comparable device considering the OS. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, after all , you are on android forums and do have an adroid device.

Not knocking anyone just curious, of why such a drastic switch. Going back as long as I can remember since the beginning of android , i couldn't imagine going to an iPhone for an android replacement choice .
    I totally agree..just go get a S7 edge until you get your replacement...it does much more than any iPhone and doesn't make you miss the note too much.....and who can bare going back to 1080p.
    09-10-2016 04:12 PM
    Mine was made on 7/25 in China, it seems fine, I'll swap it when another becomes available, but not until then.
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-10-2016 04:34 PM
    "7.1" I like it! When I get my replacement and ppl say is that the exploding note 7, I'm gonna say no this is the note 7.1 the safest dam phone ever made highly inspected by Samsung, governments and air safety Agencies around the world.
    09-10-2016 07:34 PM
    My current Note 7 has been flawless and working perfect with great battery life.
    I'm scared to trade it, hoping the replacement will be just as good.
    Mine too. Works flawlessly
    09-10-2016 08:01 PM
    Mine was made on 7/25 in China, it seems fine, I'll swap it when another becomes available, but not until then.
    Mine was made 7-26 also in China. I've had no problems so far and will wait for the replacements.
    09-10-2016 08:03 PM
    My current Note 7 has been flawless and working perfect with great battery life.
    I'm scared to trade it, hoping the replacement will be just as good.
    Mine too. Works flawlessly and will be sad to see it go. And the fear the replacement will have issues!
    09-10-2016 08:03 PM
    This recall is honestly not a big deal to me...people don't understand recalls at all
    When a car gets recalled, would you go get a new car? Once my phone is replaced I'll be happy
    Not quite the same... Chances are, if they recalled MY ENTIRE CAR and not just a "part", you best believe if they gave me a FULL refund OR offered me the EXACT amt i paid for to use on the purchase of ANOTHER car, i am dang sure i'd be driving the NEW car by nightfall!!

So many choices out there, (cars AND phones) Wouldn't want one that the issue was SOOOOOO vast, that they had to recall ENTIRE automobile...Maybe thats just me : )

BTC
    09-10-2016 08:09 PM
    "7.1" I like it! When I get my replacement and ppl say is that the exploding note 7, I'm gonna say no this is the note 7.1 the safest dam phone ever made highly inspected by Samsung, governments and air safety Agencies around the world.
    Hey, that's good!

Note 7 Owners club-laugh_b.jpg
    09-10-2016 11:08 PM
874 ... 34567 ...