10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 45678 ...
tools
    My current plan is to stick with the Note 7, I have always liked the Note series of devices. As with any kind of technology there is a risk of some kind of failure or issue (some more dramatic/possibly dangerous, some ascetic/performance affecting) *For the record, I will be swapping my N7 for a new one when they become available*

Cheers,
    BR
    Verizon is offering double switch. Get another device now and then when replacement Note 7 become available. I chose to switch out now for safety only. I love the Note 7 and will be switching get back. But at least I am safe while the issue is being resolved. Samsung has asked we switch. I like how Verizon is handling. Samsung is great. So is Verizon
    09-11-2016 01:11 AM
    09-11-2016 02:17 AM
    My Note7 was working like a champ, no issues, no heat problems, smooth as butter. I even turned off fast charging and only charged it during the day as needed.

But, I chickened out and took it back to AT&T and got a "loaner" S7Edge. Miss that Note7 like crazy.

I sure hope they will get the replacements in soon.
    frope01 and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-11-2016 06:47 AM
    Verizon is allowing for that, if you pre-ordered the note7 and had it shipped to you then you can do the same thing with the replacement. This is my preferred option as well, keeps the store reps little monkey hands (I say this with love) off my phone.
    I agree with this 100%. I hate them in the store touching and messing with my brand new out of the box phone. I much prefer to do it myself. I really hope sprint will just mail me out a new one like i got this one. If they don't i will give then this one and take my new one in the box home with me and activate it myself. I do not want to see it man handeled all over their counters.
    09-11-2016 08:28 AM
    I posted yesterday and don't see if anywhere! I wonder Why? .. Giving if another show. If it goes through I'll continue. No one's touching my 7 until I get another in my hand.
    09-11-2016 09:01 AM
    Now I have to say something different than originally planned.I just learned as of the 30th all service to our 7s will be turned off. So if this isn't resolved by then and we haven't received our new notes.. Unless you have a back up you won't have anything. Biggest problem is once you've had and used the 7 it would be like going back in time before Samsung brought capabilities to a whole new level. I wonder if Apple users even know where their batteries come from. I don't think Samsungs reputation or that of the note 7 will suffer. As long as they get the new batch out before the end of the month. I'm holding out and going that's the case. If not, I have my trusty note 4 to depend on until I receive the new one. I also wondered the same thing someone wrote prior, what did the man in the van use when charging his phone. Certainly wasn't a Samsung charger. I pre ordered and paid for my note. I'm not going anywhere...
    09-11-2016 10:05 AM
    Now I have to say something different than originally planned.I just learned as of the 30th all service to our 7s will be turned off. So if this isn't resolved by then and we haven't received our new notes.. Unless you have a back up you won't have anything. Biggest problem is once you've had and used the 7 it would be like going back in time before Samsung brought capabilities to a whole new level. I wonder if Apple users even know where their batteries come from. I don't think Samsungs reputation or that of the note 7 will suffer. As long as they get the new batch out before the end of the month. I'm holding out and going that's the case. If not, I have my trusty note 4 to depend on until I receive the new one. I also wondered the same thing someone wrote prior, what did the man in the van use when charging his phone. Certainly wasn't a Samsung charger. I pre ordered and paid for my note. I'm not going anywhere...
    And exactly who is turning them off? Um that is not likely. They will have yo to cut the sim off and that cuts service. No one is cutting the N7 off. The legality of that is worse than using the thing. More over there has still been no mandatory recall. CPSC did not say mandatory, they just said we need to turn them off and exchange them. Quit fear mongering. 😉
    09-11-2016 10:12 AM
    Where did you get that they will be turning the phones (Note 7's) off by September 30th? Thanks...
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:12 AM
    Yes curious where exactly this information came from
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:13 AM
    Yeah, if I was going to buy an iPhone, I'd actually get the older 6s. I use the headphone jack everyday in my car (don't have Bluetooth and I'm not buying a new car/head unit anytime soon)

I also travel long distances every weekend, so being able to charge my phone while simultaneously listening to music is an absolute requirement.

It's just mind boggling to me that Apple, a supposedly global company, doesn't consider the use cases of those that might not live similar lifestyles to the people living in California USA.

Even if you assume everyone in the USA is ready for this wireless world ... What about their customers that aren't living in first world countries?
    Exactly! I think Apple makes their phones with only first world countries in mind. This is the exact reason Samsung rose to become their biggest competitor. The closed policy of the Apple ecosystem is counterproductive to their growth in emerging markets.

Posted via my awesome N4
    09-11-2016 10:26 AM
    I'll find the breaking news article and post once back home. Read it this morning. Absolutely no fear mongering going on here.. I'm using my notes until /if it's no longer available to use.
    09-11-2016 10:56 AM
    09-11-2016 11:14 AM
    I am using my note7 u til replacement comes in .
    zmann and felloffthetruck like this.
    09-11-2016 11:16 AM
    I posted yesterday and don't see if anywhere! I wonder Why? .. Giving if another show. If it goes through I'll continue. No one's touching my 7 until I get another in my hand.
    Seen a woman I know in Whataburger this morning.
    She has a Blue Note 7.
    I said, didn't you hear, there is a recalling your phone turn it in.
    She said I will in the 30th if they have a blue replacement.
    Elsewise nobody is getting it.
    09-11-2016 11:41 AM
    Seen a woman I know in Whataburger this morning.
    She has a Blue Note 7.
    I said, didn't you hear, there is a recalling your phone turn it in.
    She said I will in the 30th if they have a blue replacement.
    Elsewise nobody is getting it.
    It does not say you have to turn the phone in, just says to power it down. She can keep it till she exchanges it for the new note 7. She probably shouldn't be using it, but I understand how hard it is to put it down.
    09-11-2016 12:03 PM
    It does not say you have to turn the phone in, just says to power it down. She can keep it till she exchanges it for the new note 7. She probably shouldn't be using it, but I understand how hard it is to put it down.
    Just like I said yesterday.
    I was at the at&t store asking if they had any new note replacements in.
    He said I can tell you your options.
    Said I already know them.And no you can't have my note.
    He pulled his note out and several other people did.
    And said were keeping ours till a replacement comes in also.
    09-11-2016 12:11 PM
    Just like I said yesterday.
    I was at the at&t store asking if they had any new note replacements in.
    He said I can tell you your options.
    Said I already know them.And no you can't have my note.
    He pulled his note out and several other people did.
    And said were keeping ours till a replacement comes in also.
    I'm right there with you guys, love this phone. This note 7 has never gotten as hot as my note 5 has.
    09-11-2016 12:14 PM
    I understood it to say Samsung would remotely lock the devices the 30th . I'm using mine until then. Hopefully it won't come to that. My note is perfect. No issues at all. If anything its faster every day. Barely gets warm when charging . I own it! I'd rather watch it charge with a water hose in one hand in the middle of the night than turn it in it!! I DO get the safety factor. So I'll charge it safely and patiently wait for my new note. Other than that, LEAVE Me AND MY NOTE ALONE!
    09-11-2016 12:18 PM
    If it helps any, if u bought it through a carrier, go back and talk to the manager. Then call often so he doesn't forget who u are . I pleaded with mine to put aside my color when they finally arrive and call me. I'd come racing in. I call him every 2 days . He actually put a post it note on his desk so when they finally do arrive , the sales people should put mine aside for me if he wasn't in that day, and hed call me. So stay in close touch with the manager if that's your situation. And hope they make it in before the 30th.
    09-11-2016 12:41 PM
    Has anyone seen an actual press release from Samsung about turning the phones off on 9/30? No. Because there isn't one. All of this fear mongering is from somebody on Reddit who said Samsung called him/her personally. Funny how no one else has gotten that personal phone call. I call bull****. They'd be in a lot more trouble cutting off people's lifeline (I live in the boonies and no other access to 911 except my Note 7). I shouldn't have to go out and buy another damn phone just in case I have an emergency. So no, I don't think the phones would be cut off on 9/30, they don't want any more bad publicity.
    09-11-2016 01:00 PM
    I hope you're right. I get recall alerts sent to my inbox as they happen. And yes, I agree. if they were to remotely disable the note that would be disastrous.
    09-11-2016 01:38 PM
    Note to Samsung, you shut my note 7 off before I get the replacement, I'm out of here.
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-11-2016 02:38 PM
    Note to Samsung, you shut my note 7 off before I get the replacement, I'm out of here.
    Pretty Much....
    09-11-2016 02:41 PM
    I did the same.

FWIW I got the Note 7 to replace a Note 4 that went through the wash in the pocket of my jeans! Wish I could get another Note 4 because: a. Replaceable battery - I know it adds weight, but SO convenient, b. S-pen; although the Note 4 Spen features - especially how you can write within an application like email - I much prefer over the 7, and c. Expandable memory.

The Note 7 takes care of most of that - except the battery. But what I really don't like is the "edge" thing. I much prefer just a flat screen. Using the S7edge yesterday I was writing an email in portrait orientation and tried to hit the "p" key which is on the far right side - couldn't do it. I had to rotate the phone to landscape before the "p" would register.

RE accessories - most sources (e.g. Amazon) note that screen protectors are incompatible with cases! If you apply a screen protector, the case lifts the corners of the protector. Haven't tried it yet -- but I suspect it's due to the edge "feature".

Still, I'm anxious to get the 7.1 version of the Note 7.
    09-11-2016 03:03 PM
    Note to you.
    When has Samsung ever been a carrier..samsung don't turn phones off.
    09-11-2016 03:13 PM
874 ... 45678 ...