10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I just downloaded Phone INFO from the google play store. App has a lot of info on it, even a refurb check. I'll be installing it on my replacement just to check that.

Mine is 2016/08/09
    Made in China
    Recieved on Aug 19th.

Keeping mine until I get more info on the recall.
    Took my SD card out this morning and backing up on a regular basis.
    Fortunately I did not have enough time to dump much to the SD card so it isn't a real set back to not have it in the phone.
    09-11-2016 03:28 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...ber-30_id85296

Since Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recently issued a joint statement in which they urge all Galaxy Note 7 users to power down their devices and immediately exchange them as a result of battery cell issues.

But what if you don't want to exchange your newly acquired Samsung Galaxy Note 7 for various reasons? Well, apparently you won't be able to use it for too long since the South Korean company plans to deactivate all faulty units after September 30.

According to Reddit user LimboJr, he was told by a Samsung rep that every recalled phone will be remotely deactivated after the end of September. This means that customers who bought the Galaxy Note 7 won't have other choice than to follow the procedure Samsung has put in place in countries where its phablet is available for purchase.

So, if you own the Galaxy Note 7 and think that you don't really need to take advantage of the exchange program, then you might want to reconsider since Samsung might deactivate it after September 30.
    09-11-2016 03:40 PM
    I will continue to use my blue note7.no issues and never gets warm.i do not leave on charger overnoc.otherwise I use as normal.nobody is taking my note7 till I have a new one on hand.
    jacques200 likes this.
    09-11-2016 03:50 PM
    I will believe that when it actually happens.
    09-11-2016 03:52 PM
    ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ! I spent so much time setting mine up... I just took screen shots of the home screens and edge panels. Make things a little quicker if /when they know what they're doing. Samsung had it moving quickly. It should have been in our hands this wk or next. Maybe it still will . I'm hoping. But getting more frustrated the more I read. I think I'll stop reading.!
    09-11-2016 04:06 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...ber-30_id85296

Since Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recently issued a joint statement in which they urge all Galaxy Note 7 users to power down their devices and immediately exchange them as a result of battery cell issues.

But what if you don't want to exchange your newly acquired Samsung Galaxy Note 7 for various reasons? Well, apparently you won't be able to use it for too long since the South Korean company plans to deactivate all faulty units after September 30.

According to Reddit user LimboJr, he was told by a Samsung rep that every recalled phone will be remotely deactivated after the end of September. This means that customers who bought the Galaxy Note 7 won't have other choice than to follow the procedure Samsung has put in place in countries where its phablet is available for purchase.

So, if you own the Galaxy Note 7 and think that you don't really need to take advantage of the exchange program, then you might want to reconsider since Samsung might deactivate it after September 30.
    I'll believe this only when an official statement directly from Samsung comes out
    msndrstood and bbqdroid like this.
    09-11-2016 04:24 PM
    Love it!
    09-11-2016 04:30 PM
    Love it!
    The Apple people will laugh and give you strange looks wearing that Tshirt now after all this.
    09-11-2016 04:34 PM
    This Samsung phone cutoff is garbage. Samsung doesn't have access to every providers towers to do that. Is it possible that it could be requested that any outstanding phone be "hotline" to call centers for replacement? Of course but not without a warning.
    09-11-2016 04:39 PM
    Just ask the apple people if they know where their batteries come from.... Begins with an S and ends with a G!! True.
    09-11-2016 04:40 PM
    This Samsung phone cutoff is garbage. Samsung doesn't have access to every providers towers to do that. Is it possible that it could be requested that any outstanding phone be "hotline" to call centers for replacement? Of course but not without a warning.
    I would think they would have to have the phone carriers do it. I think it's BS.
    09-11-2016 04:44 PM
    Actually, their earlier phones. I think Samsung stopped applying them around 2013.
    09-11-2016 04:44 PM
    09-11-2016 04:52 PM
    Did you sketch any pen.up wallpaper? You should. Looks like u certainly have the talent.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-11-2016 04:54 PM
    Is it wrong that a devilish voice inside me asked if we can make the S-Pens in the background look a little more fiery?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-11-2016 05:18 PM
    Looks like youre creative enough to make the decision. But I say definitely! Lighten things up, it's just A BATTERY PROBLEM !
    09-11-2016 05:25 PM
    Note to you.
    When has Samsung ever been a carrier..samsung don't turn phones off.
    When the last time there has been a global recall for a phone, I don't remember. We don't know what will happen, but if Samsung wants the phones turned off I am pretty sure they can make it happen, it they can't guess who can, hint they just got involved.
    09-11-2016 06:25 PM
    Exactly.
    09-11-2016 06:36 PM
    When the last time there has been a global recall for a phone, I don't remember. We don't know what will happen, but if Samsung wants the phones turned off I am pretty sure they can make it happen, it they can't guess who can, hint they just got involved.
    Samsung would not do something that would generate such ill will amung its customers, especially when they started off being so proactive to give customers a free and easy option to replace the phones. I doubt they can do much more than lock the phones thru the samsung account without the carriers permission. And implying that the CPSC can do more than the FBI did when faced with one apple phone that they could not unlock... again, they are not going to go down a path of potentially pissing off millions of customers when there are already better solutions and offers in place to expedite replacement of the outstanding Note 7s.

BTW: A quick google search brings up the Iphone 3gs USB battery chargers as an example of a past recall from s smart phone manufacturer.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-11-2016 06:42 PM
    Rev 2

Click image for larger version.ย 

Name:	Note7_Tee_2.jpgย 
Views:	48ย 
Size:	329.6 KBย 
ID:	239145
    cool i like it
    09-11-2016 07:02 PM
    Irregardless, we are all along for the ride. Thanks for the Google search, I didn't know and wasn't to worried about it.
    09-11-2016 07:03 PM
    Just think about it, you bought a new phone. You had the fun and excitement of taking it out of the box and slowly peeling off the protective sticker. Turned it on for the first time, had the fun of setting up your new phone. looking through the box at all of the package goodies, marveled at the design and feel of the phone.

And now just a few short weeks later you get to do it all over again.
    It's like Christmas all over again
    09-11-2016 07:16 PM
    If they turn off the phones without proper warning, because that article to me is bull soo far. I will be done with Samsung...and I will get rid of T-Mobile jump because I will not be changing phones yearly anymore. The only 2 phones I would remotely consider is LG or Motorola....and this only if they turn off my Note 7. And honestly, Samsung does not have any real benefit in turning off the phone without a proper warning, recall and giving the Note 7 a second chance, unless the are planning on putting out a Note 8 pretty soon.....or a Note 7 under the disguise of a Note 8. I want to see what tomorrow will bring. Until then, nobody is touching my phone....Exchange for Samsung J series loaner, my foot.... Is that even a phone?... what r we back in the dark ages? because of a battery recall? And it's taking too long, the new Note 7's should've been rolling out already. Does anyone know if other countries have been getting them?
    09-11-2016 08:16 PM
    Just like I said yesterday.
    I was at the at&t store asking if they had any new note replacements in.
    He said I can tell you your options.
    Said I already know them.And no you can't have my note.
    He pulled his note out and several other people did.
    And said were keeping ours till a replacement comes in also.
    I powered mine down and will leave it on my dresser until replacements come in.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-11-2016 08:20 PM
    ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ! I spent so much time setting mine up... I just took screen shots of the home screens and edge panels. Make things a little quicker if /when they know what they're doing. Samsung had it moving quickly. It should have been in our hands this wk or next. Maybe it still will . I'm hoping. But getting more frustrated the more I read. I think I'll stop reading.!
    Same here, takes me around 6hrs to set up a new phone the way I want and log into all of my apps. Before I powered mine down, I made a video of me going through all my home screens, edge screens, and folders.
    09-11-2016 08:24 PM
874 ... 56789 ...