10-11-2016 10:45 AM
874 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Same here, takes me around 6hrs to set up a new phone the way I want and log into all of my apps. Before I powered mine down, I made a video of me going through all my home screens, edge screens, and folders.
    This is why I like my phones delivered to my house, then I can turn the old phone on, set the screen timeout to ten minutes and start setting up new phone. This sucks to have to do to it again

Edit...if the note 7 doesn't get replaced for some reason then I won't have to set up a new phone, my note 5 is already set up
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:19 PM
    Anyone concerned that if Samsung ends up selling a fraction of what they expected to sell that software and security updates will quickly evaporate for the note 7? Or that the "support budget" for the note 7 will be swallowed up by the recall expenses?

So they sell millions you do monthly updates and get nougat out fast. If they sell a few hundred thousand.... Meh?
    09-11-2016 09:26 PM
    Anyone concerned that if Samsung ends up selling a fraction of what they expected to sell that software and security updates will quickly evaporate for the note 7? Or that the "support budget" for the note 7 will be swallowed up by the recall expenses?

So they sell millions you do monthly updates and get nougat out fast. If they sell a few hundred thousand.... Meh?
    They better not pissoff whatever Note 7 users they had left...
    09-11-2016 10:01 PM
    This note 7 is a ridiculously excellent phone..I ain't going anywhere
    bbqdroid and felloffthetruck like this.
    09-11-2016 10:12 PM
    They better not pissoff whatever Note 7 users they had left...
    Pretty much...If they don't get these phone out before the iPhone launch its game over....well it's already game order.....Some people that choose the note 7 over the iPhone 7 are already going back to iPhone because of this ...
    09-11-2016 10:34 PM
    Is it wrong that a devilish voice inside me asked if we can make the S-Pens in the background look a little more fiery?
    That's why I made the "Owner's Club" text a "Red-Orange-Red" blend - to simulate the heat! I didn't want to make it too obvious... :-)
    09-12-2016 12:12 AM
    Same here
    I'm worried about the phone heating up when charging... no problem so far
    BUT
    I will ONLY replace my phone when they have a new note 7 for me, not before
    Not spending 1 day without my note 7
    No loaner for me
    09-12-2016 12:42 AM

If they get replacement units to us soon and new units on sale I can see it recovering if there is a price reduction. Even before I think the price was too steep for it. However this is still the biggest powerhouse device of the year. Nothing comes close to it with features and that. Even a year from now it will still be a top tier phone. A shame this happened. When you compare this device to iPhone 7 Plus, the iPhone looks like a joke specs wise.

If you took cow dung, put it in a box with an Apple logo on it people would line up for hours to buy it.
    Preach2k and jimd1050 like this.
    09-12-2016 01:13 AM
    Really bad news from NY. Yesterday a 6yr old boy was holding his grandmother's note 7. It wasn't charging, he was merely holding it. It bust into flames. I don't think He was hurt badly, I don't know the extent of what his injuries are if any, only that it exploded while in his hands. Brooklyn, NY. This is an entirely different situation. Does Samsung care about our safety? Of course not . But they do care about getting every device still not returned back because until they do more of the same will eventually happen. To who and when, no one knows. But with each new explosion it will be harder and harder to get the new ones out and put this behind them. What if he had the phone up to his ear or close to his eyes?? I'm not fear mongering. Only starting what happened. And After what happened to the little boy I believe Samsung knew this was inevitable. Yes, it's s Battery problem, and Spontaneous combustion can happen at any time I thought I'd be the last holdout, and keep my note until the new one was placed in my hand. But I'm not so certain of that anymore. I live in NY, Brooklyn is a 20 min. drive from my home. I'm going to try to get to Verizon today and talk with the manager. See what info be can give me. Maybe he can shed some light on what's really going on and what the plans are for getting new notes in our hands.
    09-12-2016 07:12 AM
    09-12-2016 07:17 AM
    Still hanging in there, i am not using my Note, but i will as soon as it can be replaced. We may never know the truth on all of these stories, i know there are problems with the note7 and they need to be fixed. I also know that there will be some folks who manufacture these "exploding" stories just to get on the news or to make a quick buck. Not saying that this is what happened here, just that there are those type of folks out there.

I am going to hold onto my thought that when the dust settles the Note 7 Owners club will be a small group (assuming we all live through it).
    Gray Area and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-12-2016 01:41 PM
    I wonder why people keep saying the Note 7 is "exploding". It appears to me they are melting and/or burning. If they were exploding, they'd be in a million pieces right? This whole debacle just irks me. 😬
    09-12-2016 04:54 PM
    I have a feeling later this week Samsung is going to announce that not all Note 7's need to be replaced and you will be able to check your IMEI on their website. Just what I think.
    Jewels81 and Preach2k like this.
    09-12-2016 04:57 PM
    I have a feeling later this week Samsung is going to announce that not all Note 7's need to be replaced and you will be able to check your IMEI on their website. Just what I think.
    That would be great and could save them money.
    09-12-2016 05:01 PM
    Well just got back from tmobile official replacements come in September 16th..so only a couple more days yal!!
    jimd1050 and angelh0809 like this.
    09-12-2016 05:05 PM
    That would be great and could save them money.
    I believe this will be the next breaking news we hear from Samsung.
    09-12-2016 05:05 PM
    If the Carriers had 5 million. Phones at their stores today.
    And you had money. You can't buy one.
    You can't get a Note 7 replaced with another note 7.
    The consumer product safety took over.
    Everybody's hands are tied.
    So trash Best Buy , Samsung and the carriers all you want.
    Until Cpsc releases them, all you can do is cry.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-12-2016 05:18 PM
    I think instead of a massive recall they would of thought of this first...... We can hope but I doubt it.... Unless further investigation gave them the ability to track the issue....
    09-12-2016 05:41 PM
    No offense, but seeing is believing.
    Well just got back from tmobile official replacements come in September 16th..so only a couple more days yal!!
    09-12-2016 05:44 PM
    If they do that it would really tick me off considering I've already went through the trouble of returning the phone. Lol
    09-12-2016 05:49 PM
    That would be awesome if that happened, it could save them a lot of money and only replace the one's with the bad batteries.
    09-12-2016 05:52 PM
    I was in a t-mobile store this afternoon inquiring about a loaner and asked when they thought they would get replacements. The rep said initially they were told 2-4 weeks, that was before the government got involved. Now that the gov is involved he said he wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't until late October before they see replacements but that was a guess. I wouldn't be shocked either, I mean have you ever seen the government be quick to do anything besides give themselves raises? Hoping it doesn't take that long but who knows how long the testing period will be.
    09-12-2016 06:17 PM
    That would be great! Then i can take my note out my glove compartment lol. Those ppl who abused and damaged thwir phones on purpose would be furious lol.
    09-12-2016 06:33 PM
    We should have Simple Minds song Don't Forget About Me in the header
    09-12-2016 06:35 PM
    That's the same date my AT&T Gal told me too!
    09-12-2016 10:52 PM
874 ... 678910 ...