Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I am starting to get the feeling that there is only going to be a small number of us who end up owning the Note 7 when this is all said and done. On one hand this may be good for us at first, might be able to get some cheap note7 accessories, but later they may become scarce.

I have committed to the note 7 for at least the next 2 years, just need the swap to happen so I can settle into using my new phone daily.

So who else is looking forward to being one of the few?

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I will also keep (exchange for the new one) Note 7. Overall (minus the battery issue), it has been a great device and reliable for my tasks and needs. Hopefully with the replacement, we can put that final issue to rest and start fully enjoying the phone for what it is.

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I am starting to get the feeling that there is only going to be a small number of us who end up owning the Note 7 when this is all said and done. On one hand this may be good for us at first, might be able to get some cheap note7 accessories, but later they may become scarce.

I have committed to the note 7 for at least the next 2 years, just need the swap to happen so I can settle into using my new phone daily.

I guess you could say the note 7 is just to hot to handle for some ppl?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Recall couldn't have come at a worse time for Samsung.

iPhone 7 is really impressive. Would consider it if it had a headphone jack and I wasn't already invested in Google's ecosystem.

Will eventually end up with a Note 7 again I think. Even without the battery issue there were some quirks about it that I found annoying. Still it felt good to use.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
This my first Samsung p and my first android phone, I made the switch from iOS, my thinks I should just give up and get the new iPhone but them removing the headphone jack just pushed me away. What little I have used the Android OS I really like it, feels so much more complete OS then iOS did. The note7 also felt like a really solid phone, great looks, great feel and the screen is amazing.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 will be my phone for at least the next two years. Hopefully I dun get a bad unit from the exchange, really satisfied with my current unit.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 7 is really impressive. Would consider it if it had a headphone jack and I wasn't already invested in Google's ecosystem.
I have bought new the iPhone 4, 5 and 6+, bought used a 4s and a 5s, have used all of these. I am very heavily invested in the apple ecosystem, movies and TV shows. Run iTunes on my iMac 24/7 to feed material to my 3 apple TV’s. I have ran stock iOS and have JB iOS. I ran the beta of iOS 10 on my 6+.

All of that just to say that I find iOS very stable and very smooth but also very boring and very frustrating for doing some basic routine task. The few days I had with android was like a look into an exciting new world of options.

The iPhone 7 does not really seem all that much different than my 128gb 6+. I use the headphone jack in my van every day so losing that was just mind boggling to me, I am sure it will work in the long run for them but right now I still need one.

The note7 has really been the first phone that I have been really excited about holding and using since that iPhone 4, it really feels premium to me.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My current plan is to stick with the Note 7, I have always liked the Note series of devices. As with any kind of technology there is a risk of some kind of failure or issue (some more dramatic/possibly dangerous, some ascetic/performance affecting) *For the record, I will be swapping my N7 for a new one when they become available*

Cheers,
BR

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have bought new the iPhone 4, 5 and 6+, bought used a 4s and a 5s, have used all of these. I am very heavily invested in the apple ecosystem, movies and TV shows. Run iTunes on my iMac 24/7 to feed material to my 3 apple TV’s. I have ran stock iOS and have JB iOS. I ran the beta of iOS 10 on my 6+.

All of that just to say that I find iOS very stable and very smooth but also very boring and very frustrating for doing some basic routine task. The few days I had with android was like a look into an exciting new world of options.

The iPhone 7 does not really seem all that much different than my 128gb 6+. I use the headphone jack in my van every day so losing that was just mind boggling to me, I am sure it will work in the long run for them but right now I still need one.

The note7 has really been the first phone that I have been really excited about holding and using since that iPhone 4, it really feels premium to me.
Yeah, if I was going to buy an iPhone, I'd actually get the older 6s. I use the headphone jack everyday in my car (don't have Bluetooth and I'm not buying a new car/head unit anytime soon)

I also travel long distances every weekend, so being able to charge my phone while simultaneously listening to music is an absolute requirement.

It's just mind boggling to me that Apple, a supposedly global company, doesn't consider the use cases of those that might not live similar lifestyles to the people living in California USA.

Even if you assume everyone in the USA is ready for this wireless world ... What about their customers that aren't living in first world countries?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I disagree.
I think the vast majority of us will just exchange for a new one.
Listening to some tech podcasts lately, I go further to say that there is a movement among N7 owners to not exchange - they love the N7's they have now. I don't encourage this - I am firmed in the "get a new one" camp.

Looking forward to a new N7 as soon as Sam's Club gets stock.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I disagree.
Listening to some tech podcasts lately, I go further to say that there is a movement among N7 owners to not exchange - they love the N7's they have now. I don't encourage this - I am firmed in the "get a new one" camp.

Yeah that really surprised me knowing people were just going to roll the dice and keep their phone.

But it shouldn't surprise me, some people often think they know more than everyone.

They're making their decision to keep their phone based entirely on "nothing bad has happened yet, so nothing bad will happen in the future" ... If that's not stupidity, I don't know what is.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I disagree.

Probably will still have quite a significant number, but much lower than what it was supposed to be.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm struggling at this point. I love my Note 7 but disappointed that the S Pen lost features that worked before. And ALL this battery talk, I believe, is detracting from other things that need to be focused on. Like bringing BACK the S Pen features that were lost (action notes). I know I can download S Notes, and I have...but I want this to work as ONE darn application.

But what I'm frustrated the most by is the unknown...I'm worried that the "stigma" is now there and will never go away with Note 7 ownership. I don't care what people think about me...but I DO care if people freak out because they think I'm putting them at risk of catching on fire, or I get pulled over in an airport line for further inspection because of my phone. I just want to use my darn phone and love it and enjoy it and see it evolve to what it CAN be. But I'm afraid all this battery stuff may have just brought all of it to a screeching halt. I don't think it will be taken off the market (god I hope not)...but I do feel I might have to spend my entire relationship with it defending it.

I vacillate between being annoyed/frustrated and being disappointed...yet still loving my device. I KNOW this thing is just a phone but darn I feel I'm on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWu6OThkq14

ETA: At this point I definitely want an exchange. I've been eyeballing the Moto Z and Z Force but they just don't do it for me like the Note 7 does. I don't want to settle. And I feel like I would be. Verizon gimps devices so I think the Pixels will be a no go for me on VZW. I think I'll be too annoyed at what they take away from me and then further annoyed by what they junk them up with to "enjoy" either of them.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

This recall is honestly not a big deal to me...people don't understand recalls at all
When a car gets recalled, would you go get a new car? Once my phone is replaced I'll be happy

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
A month from now when this is over there will be a lot of unhappy people that jumped ship from the 7 to sothing else , wishing they haddent

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Did not understand that move at all.
I guess they wrongly assume that most if not all iPhone users have brand new automobiles to wirelessly connect them to. I have 2 cars that can Bluetooth and one that has to use the aux jack. I've never understood the iPhone people anyway. Why get a phone with a sub par camera and no ability to use widgets and basically no customization other than cases and wallpaper? A few of my family members have them and if they hand it to me to look at something or do something, I look at it like they just laid a dead fish in the palm of my hand. What the hell do I do with this thing? No back button. It's just too foreign for me. I'm sure they'll make some sort of cord to plug from phone to aux but then you can't charge so I think a lot of people will be unhappy about that as a previous poster said.
Short story long, I'll keep my note 7 till the replacement units come in and then I'll exchange for my replacement. I never charge overnight like I always have done before and I've never had it be hot when I pick it up after charging. Love this phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish