Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Why exactly, lets say it takes a month for you to get the replacement Note 7 (which I doubt), other than a month of using a phone you do not like what have you lost.

Now if you are soured on the note 7 and just want to move on then I understand, but if you want to stay in the club then just sit back and enjoy the ride.
I'll wait it out for a bit and go for the ride

I just wish they'd get the replacements into the carriers so we can have our Notes and move on !?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going anywhere. I have my Note 7 and gonna use it till I get another one or it burns up.

Which I'm not scared of.
I think I can handle the situation.

Know the wait is tough for a lot of people.
But in the end, the note will be a good phone.

You just need to hand in there for a couple more weeks.
Before you know it, all this will be over.
Relax.
Just pay attention to things with your phone.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
There is no question for me, I'm keeping the Note 7. Diehards won't switch. I've been with the Note line since 2011. IPhone anything is not a consideration, ever.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Just think about it, you bought a new phone. You had the fun and excitement of taking it out of the box and slowly peeling off the protective sticker. Turned it on for the first time, had the fun of setting up your new phone. looking through the box at all of the package goodies, marveled at the design and feel of the phone.

And now just a few short weeks later you get to do it all over again.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
This my first Samsung p and my first android phone, I made the switch from iOS, my thinks I should just give up and get the new iPhone but them removing the headphone jack just pushed me away. What little I have used the Android OS I really like it, feels so much more complete OS then iOS did. The note7 also felt like a really solid phone, great looks, great feel and the screen is amazing.

Same background here - nine years of iPhone coming off a 6s Plus, the iPhone 6se Plus (it DOES NOT merit a number upgrade) is not a true competitor for the GN7, battery issues notwithstanding. The camera has teh potential to be a win over the GN7, but I can't see 2x adding that much to the equation, and others have demonstrated over in the Photos thread that Apple's software "bokeh" is pretty similar to Selected Focus, and here now for GN7 users.

My son and I are digging ours heals in on this one and are staying in the club, which I think will be much larger and stronger than teh OP suggested. As I explianed elsewhere, thanks to BOGO we are getting two 320gb (free SD card offer) GN7's for $1063 - that is truly 2 for the price of one iP6se...with 64gb of storage to spare on each...

ONE PUBLIC SERVICE PLEA - After the exchange program is going full speed, Samsung should cooperate with all of the carriers to BLACKLIST the IMEI of all unreturned phones - NO EXCEPTION. They need to be disabled and folks must replace them, or we will all be crushed by any further incidents...

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just think about it, you bought a new phone. You had the fun and excitement of taking it out of the box and slowly peeling off the protective sticker. Turned it on for the first time, had the fun of setting up your new phone. looking through the box at all of the package goodies, marveled at the design and feel of the phone.

And now just a few short weeks later you get to do it all over again.

Oh you make it sound so great.

I can't wait.
Give me something to do.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You're right and in a perfect world...
ONE PUBLIC SERVICE PLEA - After teh exchange program is going full speed, Samsung should cooperate with all of the carriers to BLACKLIST the IMEI of all unreturned phones - NO EXCEPTION. They need to be disabled and folks must replace them, or we will all be crushed by any further incidents...

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I really wish I was receiving my exchange the same way I got the phone, shipped. Then I could match them up setting for setting and send the bad one back.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I really wish I was receiving my exchange the same way I got the phone, shipped. Then I could match them up setting for setting and send the bad one back.
Verizon is allowing for that, if you pre-ordered the note7 and had it shipped to you then you can do the same thing with the replacement. This is my preferred option as well, keeps the store reps little monkey hands (I say this with love) off my phone.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Same background here - nine years of iPhone coming off a 6s Plus, the iPhone 6se Plus (it DOES NOT merit a number upgrade) is not a true competitor for the GN7, battery issues notwithstanding. The camera has teh potential to be a win over the GN7, but I can't see 2x adding that much to the equation, and others have demonstrated over in the Photos thread that Apple's software "bokeh" is pretty similar to Selected Focus, and here now for GN7 users.

My son and I are digging ours heals in on this one and are staying in the club, which I think will be much larger and stronger than teh OP suggested. As I explianed elsewhere, thanks to BOGO we are getting two 320gb (free SD card offer) GN7's for $1063 - that is truly 2 for the price of one iP6se...with 64gb of storage to spare on each...

ONE PUBLIC SERVICE PLEA - After the exchange program is going full speed, Samsung should cooperate with all of the carriers to BLACKLIST the IMEI of all unreturned phones - NO EXCEPTION. They need to be disabled and folks must replace them, or we will all be crushed by any further incidents...

You don't think Samsung should be able to take the phones back. And replace the Batteries and sell them to people like Walmart who sells phones and sells refurbished phones to people get on Straight Talk. ?

I do.
The whole problem is the battery.

I think they should be able to refurbish the phones and sell them as refurbished phones.
https://bgr.com/2016/09/08/galaxy-note-7-recall-battery/

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Whos to say you can't ask the carrier or whomever you get you new phone from.

That you can't ask to do that with smartswitch yourself from the people standing right there in the store.

And you can always back everything up on Google and to your computer and when you get home.
Do a restore and back it up from your computer the way you want it.
Just takes a little time.
Its like this. You are getting a Brand New phone.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My current Note 7 has been flawless and working perfect with great battery life.
I'm scared to trade it, hoping the replacement will be just as good.

That's my fear. I know I have to trade it, but man it's tough knowing that I'm trading a device that has functioned near perfectly for me since I got it in August, for one that will potentially have the lag that others have complained about to no end.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

It should be just like an advance replacement with Apple Care - give them your credit card number, they ship replacmeent, you return within 10 days or they charge your card...

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I am starting to get the feeling that there is only going to be a small number of us who end up owning the Note 7 when this is all said and done. On one hand this may be good for us at first, might be able to get some cheap note7 accessories, but later they may become scarce.

I have committed to the note 7 for at least the next 2 years, just need the swap to happen so I can settle into using my new phone daily.

So who else is looking forward to being one of the few?

Loving my sleek Black Note 7.

Best experience to date with any device - can't keep my hands off it.

Based on presale numbers and glowing reviews, it wouldn't surprise me if the market for this phone continues to grow, albeit at a smaller overall distribution number, in spite of the recall.

People forget the tens of millions of I phone 4's sold with nonfunctioning antenna's ( granted a much less serious problem compared to a fire) but the phone continued to sale and resale( I know, it's an Apple product) and the last ten people asked this week didn't recall the antenna problem and or the phone model itself, unless they experienced it, and they continued with it and or another Apple product.

I think, and hope, this well be a faded memory within the next six or eight months, and if not, I look forward to being part of a select elite owners club!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.