Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think removing the headset jack was a mistake. That's one thing that would keep me from buying it, along with no SD card.
Well the headset jack is gone but now instead of the headset jack, you plug headphones into the charging port or lightning port as it's called. It does come with an adapter so you can use other headsets too.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone with their Note 7s. I know all of this has to be a major headache.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Well the headset jack is gone but now instead of the headset jack, you plug headphones into the charging port or lightning port as it's called. It does come with an adapter so you can use other headsets too.

Anyways, best of luck to everyone with their Note 7s. I know all of this has to be a major headache.
My daily use of my old 6+, was to use the phone as a gps for directions and to also stream music. so i used both the headphone jack and the charging port. something i can not do on the iPhone 7. so for me it does not work, as soon as i was convinced the rumors were true i started looking for a different phone. this brought me to the note 7. so far the note is great look and feel very nice and android os has been a breath of fresh air compared to iOS

Anubis1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to keep mine as well. Phone works great, much better in my ford for syncing. People could barely understand me using hands free with my iPhone 6 plus on ford sync but am crystal clear on this Note 7. Tried my wife's iPhone 5 and 6 with the same results. I guess apple and my 2015 ford don't like each other lol.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I am starting to get the feeling that there is only going to be a small number of us who end up owning the Note 7 when this is all said and done. On one hand this may be good for us at first, might be able to get some cheap note7 accessories, but later they may become scarce.

I have committed to the note 7 for at least the next 2 years, just need the swap to happen so I can settle into using my new phone daily.

So who else is looking forward to being one of the few?

Not sending it in or returning it. Haven't had any issues since day 1 and the phone doesn't even get warm when charging. Personally I think the whole thing is being overhyped and I personally believe that the phones that did "malfunction" were using off brand chargers and other non-sense.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Just think about it, you bought a new phone. You had the fun and excitement of taking it out of the box and slowly peeling off the protective sticker. Turned it on for the first time, had the fun of setting up your new phone. looking through the box at all of the package goodies, marveled at the design and feel of the phone.

And now just a few short weeks later you get to do it all over again.

Exactly!!

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Not sending it in or returning it. Haven't had any issues since day 1 and the phone doesn't even get warm when charging. Personally I think the whole thing is being overhyped and I personally believe that the phones that did "malfunction" were using off brand chargers and other non-sense.
I believe that this 2nd warning is nothing but Samsung trying to make it seem like they are playing ball with the government in trying to get this recall done right.. Before we had a option to keep the note 7 until the new ones comes and all of a sudden the government steps in and we need to power down? .. There is no additional risk that we don't already know of... I'm not gonna downgrade to a s7e that I might get stuck with and I'm definitely not getting a Samsung J.... If they want to get this situation rectified their gonna have to just send me my replacement...... (Posted from a rare Galaxy Note 7)lol

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I believe that this 2nd warning is nothing but Samsung trying to make it seem like they are playing ball with the government in trying to get this recall done right... Their is no additional risk that we don't already know of... I'm not gonna downgrade to a s7e that I might get stuck with and I'm definitely not getting a Samsung J.... If they want to get this situation rectified their gonna have to just send me my replacement...... (Posted from a rare Galaxy Note 7)lol

I feel you on that. 2.5 million units sold and 35 cases of battery issues? I have a better chance of winning the damn lottery than this phone exploding. Better yet, I have a better chance of being on an airplane that has mechanical failure than this phone doing something wacky.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Whole lot of BS if you ask me. I've had recalls on plenty of things, never a phone before. I'll swap it or refund & get another. To me there was nothing close to my first note.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I saw that. Still not going for it. It would be hard to go from Android to Apple at this point. I do too much customizing and use the SD too much. Happy with my N7.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to get the feeling that there is only going to be a small number of us who end up owning the Note 7 when this is all said and done. On one hand this may be good for us at first, might be able to get some cheap note7 accessories, but later they may become scarce.

I have committed to the note 7 for at least the next 2 years, just need the swap to happen so I can settle into using my new phone daily.

So who else is looking forward to being one of the few?

Will exchange for another Note7. Nothing but Samsung for me. This issue hasn't made me leave. I hope we get them soon. Mine is fine but I don't have options for a temporary change.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have two Notes that I could go back to. Didn't need to upgrade, but the N7 looked and sounded amazing. And it is. Don't regret the purchase yet.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I just wish they'd get the replacements into the carriers so we can have our Notes and move on !?

Due to the CPSC's involvement even if the carrier stores get them in we can't have them now.

Verizon is allowing for that, if you pre-ordered the note7 and had it shipped to you then you can do the same thing with the replacement. This is my preferred option as well, keeps the store reps little monkey hands (I say this with love) off my phone.
Did you do this yourself? I've not seen a single person post that they have been able to do that. Everyone I have read that has talked to Verizon support (myself included) has been told the only way to get a replacement phone is to go into the store. I pre-ordered, and had it shipped to my home from verizonwireless.com, and they told me the only option is in store replacement. I will not believe the online replacement option being an option without proof.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Due to the CPSC's involvement even if the carrier stores get them in we can't have them now.

Did you do this yourself? I've not seen a single person post that they have been able to do that. Everyone I have read that has talked to Verizon support (myself included) has been told the only way to get a replacement phone is to go into the store. I pre-ordered, and had it shipped to my home from verizonwireless.com, and they told me the only option is in store replacement. I will not believe the online replacement option being an option without proof.
now that the feds are involved all bets are off. before their involvement i was told that if i had had ordered my note 7 on-line that i would have the option to have my replacement note 7 shipped to me. now i know we have all been told different things by verizon, so the information i received is no better or worse then anything you or anyone else heard. the only thing we know is that the most feared 11 words are "i am from the government and i am here to help".

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm curious now. The jeep fire he said he had it 2 days. Everyone that is still using your phone what is the mfg date? Mine is 8/5/2016. Received it on the 18th.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Considering this is an Android forum, I am very surprised to see all the talk about going to the new iPhone as an alternative replacement. I see ithe talk all across the board and it blows me away!! It's not even a comparable device considering the OS. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, after all , you are on android forums and do have an adroid device.

Not knocking anyone just curious, of why such a drastic switch. Going back as long as I can remember since the beginning of android , i couldn't imagine going to an iPhone for an android replacement choice .

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Me too .my coral blue note7 is running beautifully.runs great .no problems at all.I charge with charger came with phone.never over noc.Hope my replacement will run as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance