Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
This Samsung phone cutoff is garbage. Samsung doesn't have access to every providers towers to do that. Is it possible that it could be requested that any outstanding phone be "hotline" to call centers for replacement? Of course but not without a warning.
I would think they would have to have the phone carriers do it. I think it's BS.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Note to you.
When has Samsung ever been a carrier..samsung don't turn phones off.
When the last time there has been a global recall for a phone, I don't remember. We don't know what will happen, but if Samsung wants the phones turned off I am pretty sure they can make it happen, it they can't guess who can, hint they just got involved.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
When the last time there has been a global recall for a phone, I don't remember. We don't know what will happen, but if Samsung wants the phones turned off I am pretty sure they can make it happen, it they can't guess who can, hint they just got involved.

Samsung would not do something that would generate such ill will amung its customers, especially when they started off being so proactive to give customers a free and easy option to replace the phones. I doubt they can do much more than lock the phones thru the samsung account without the carriers permission. And implying that the CPSC can do more than the FBI did when faced with one apple phone that they could not unlock... again, they are not going to go down a path of potentially pissing off millions of customers when there are already better solutions and offers in place to expedite replacement of the outstanding Note 7s.

BTW: A quick google search brings up the Iphone 3gs USB battery chargers as an example of a past recall from s smart phone manufacturer.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Just think about it, you bought a new phone. You had the fun and excitement of taking it out of the box and slowly peeling off the protective sticker. Turned it on for the first time, had the fun of setting up your new phone. looking through the box at all of the package goodies, marveled at the design and feel of the phone.

And now just a few short weeks later you get to do it all over again.

It's like Christmas all over again

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If they turn off the phones without proper warning, because that article to me is bull soo far. I will be done with Samsung...and I will get rid of T-Mobile jump because I will not be changing phones yearly anymore. The only 2 phones I would remotely consider is LG or Motorola....and this only if they turn off my Note 7. And honestly, Samsung does not have any real benefit in turning off the phone without a proper warning, recall and giving the Note 7 a second chance, unless the are planning on putting out a Note 8 pretty soon.....or a Note 7 under the disguise of a Note 8. I want to see what tomorrow will bring. Until then, nobody is touching my phone....Exchange for Samsung J series loaner, my foot....:p Is that even a phone?... what r we back in the dark ages? because of a battery recall? And it's taking too long, the new Note 7's should've been rolling out already. Does anyone know if other countries have been getting them?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just like I said yesterday.
I was at the at&t store asking if they had any new note replacements in.
He said I can tell you your options.
Said I already know them.And no you can't have my note.
He pulled his note out and several other people did.
And said were keeping ours till a replacement comes in also.

I powered mine down and will leave it on my dresser until replacements come in.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
😠😠😠😠😠! I spent so much time setting mine up... I just took screen shots of the home screens and edge panels. Make things a little quicker if /when they know what they're doing. Samsung had it moving quickly. It should have been in our hands this wk or next. Maybe it still will . I'm hoping. But getting more frustrated the more I read. I think I'll stop reading.!

Same here, takes me around 6hrs to set up a new phone the way I want and log into all of my apps. Before I powered mine down, I made a video of me going through all my home screens, edge screens, and folders.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Same here, takes me around 6hrs to set up a new phone the way I want and log into all of my apps. Before I powered mine down, I made a video of me going through all my home screens, edge screens, and folders.
This is why I like my phones delivered to my house, then I can turn the old phone on, set the screen timeout to ten minutes and start setting up new phone. This sucks to have to do to it again

Edit...if the note 7 doesn't get replaced for some reason then I won't have to set up a new phone, my note 5 is already set up

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone concerned that if Samsung ends up selling a fraction of what they expected to sell that software and security updates will quickly evaporate for the note 7? Or that the "support budget" for the note 7 will be swallowed up by the recall expenses?

So they sell millions you do monthly updates and get nougat out fast. If they sell a few hundred thousand.... Meh?

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Anyone concerned that if Samsung ends up selling a fraction of what they expected to sell that software and security updates will quickly evaporate for the note 7? Or that the "support budget" for the note 7 will be swallowed up by the recall expenses?

So they sell millions you do monthly updates and get nougat out fast. If they sell a few hundred thousand.... Meh?

They better not pissoff whatever Note 7 users they had left...:mad:

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
They better not pissoff whatever Note 7 users they had left...:mad:
Pretty much...If they don't get these phone out before the iPhone launch its game over....well it's already game order.....Some people that choose the note 7 over the iPhone 7 are already going back to iPhone because of this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34