Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I think so as well. Verizons been a great help to me. Whenever a memo gets to the managers desk he calls me (I wrote earlier I never knew I had OCD until the battery problem began) . And I doubt I'll get it under control until the new note is placed in my hand. Poor guy, I've been relentless. Guess he figures it's better to keep me informed than me calling or stopping by daily to make certain I haven't missed some new delivery info that might have come across his desk! I recd my notice re:day of replacement by text, not email. So watch both. I'm calling him Tuesday night. What he said was they get their shipments every Tues. , late afternoon. I'll either get there Tues night if that's the case or first thing Wed. morning. Looking forward to my little green battery!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you, or someone else wouldn't mind, can you tell me what those major differences are? The device is quite remarkable (N7), but I've never been one to grab the latest and the greatest because of initial issues like the recall we're going through. Is the N5 an enormous step backward?
I'll get something to you later this afternoon if that's O.K! There are several things...

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Where to begin?? Animated gifs, SPens magnify and glance, which I use all the time , always on display, screen off memo that u can either pin to screen and expand to see at any time or minimize to keep the icon always on the off screen , u can delete it, save it (everything customizable of course ), iris scanner for me works faster than fingerprint, Secret folder, translate a word or page, so much more about the more intricate workings of the phone.. Best thing to do is watch UTube "how to" videos. It's the best way to learn and make comparisons between the 2. watch A LOT of u tube videos!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. There are perhaps 50 million things I'd rather do. ;) :) I'm just trying to get an idea of the main things. How is the shape of the screen? Is it curved like the N7? I looked at one in BB way back and didn't like it because of the glass back, but I don't remember the front glass shape.
Best thing to do is watch UTube "how to" videos.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The shape is being beautiful. Looks like both sides are curved into reaching, all glass . Screen is amazing. Nothing else like it. imo. It's not too big. & It's side to side screen. I love the side panels, you can make it MUCH faster if you'd like by changing 3 settings. Watch even just 1 UTube video. You'll go for the 7..

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I doubt I'll go back to the N5 now that Sammy put the SD back in the N7.

Hope I don't have to wait too long for price drops since Sprint and I don't agree on pricing quoted.
The shape is being beautiful. Looks like both sides are curved into reaching, all glass . Screen is amazing. Nothing else like it. imo. It's not too big. & It's side to side screen. I love the side panels, you can make it MUCH faster if you'd like by changing 3 settings. Watch even just 1 UTube video. You'll go for the 7..

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I meant to write IT LOOKS LIKE THE BACK AND FRONT WRAP INTO EACH OTHER. Really beautiful. Messed up a few sentences before, you get the picture.

olga421

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Are you guys still using your note 7s until the replacements arrive, also have you guys disabled fast charging?

Posted via Android Central App

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The OCD wasn't really about the battery , it 1st began with no sleep at all for what seemed like an eternity so i could learn every detail of the 7. Every video I watched countless times .Couldn't stop & couldn't put down my note (as I think is pretty obvious)! Then i couldn't stop my mission to find a screen protector that would stay on .After going through 3 I finally found clear coat that I'm hoping is as good as I've heard, &which is waiting for my new note... Then the battery saga began, & needing to know every minute detail reported around the globe bc I had no intention of returning mine. NEVER! Which lead to daily calls to Samsung, & keeping A .Central open so I wouldn't miss any OWNERS CLUB POSTS, and so...- enter - OCD! It's starting to taper off except my hand refuses to let go! .. After Wed I'm sure I'll look back at how ridiculous I've been and the OCD will find another home .

Attachments

• 1471804565072.jpg
    1471804565072.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 102

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Spit happens. All will be back to normal soon.
The OCD wasn't really about the battery , it 1st began with no sleep at all for what seemed like an eternity so i could learn every detail of the 7. Every video I watched countless times .Couldn't stop & couldn't put down my note (as I think is pretty obvious)! Then i couldn't stop my mission to find a screen protector that would stay on .After going through 3 I finally found clear coat that I'm hoping is as good as I've heard, &which is waiting for my new note... Then the battery saga began, & needing to know every minute detail reported around the globe bc I had no intention of returning mine. NEVER! Which lead to daily calls to Samsung, & keeping A .Central open so I wouldn't miss any OWNERS CLUB POSTS, and so...- enter - OCD! It's starting to taper off except my hand refuses to let go! .. After Wed I'm sure I'll look back at how ridiculous I've been and the OCD will find another home .

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think these 7s are going to flood the market for good price and be long lived. Not to mention holiday season coming up, Samsung seems pretty good at including free ****, and may be forced to do so on this next round of sales..

Regardless I. am keeping my replacement Note7, just nervous about the screen durability and curved screen combo with my life style/ line of work.
I too was worried about durability, due to work and i habe so far have no screen protector, using the supcase case and have dropped it pulling put of my back pocket on my jeans, have sat on it. Even fell asleep with it in my chair and it fell about three feet directly on the back onto the wood floor with no damage or scatches. With a case i think no problem on surviving but it needs to one the covers like the supcase and not like some of the others.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I
Short story long, I'll keep my note 7 till the replacement units come in and then I'll exchange for my replacement. I never charge overnight like I always have done before and I've never had it be hot when I pick it up after charging. Love this phone!

This is exactly what I do and what I think. I love my Note7, use it every day as usual except for the adjustment to my charging pattern and will exchange it for the same and nothing else. For me it's the best smartphone available today.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
That would be really great. Thanks!
Here ya' go toenail_flicker: In my opinion,
- Battery Life - (and that's without putting the 7 in Battery Saver Mode) probably 35-40% better in the short time I had to play with it. (I always ran/run the 5 in Battery Saver Mode)
- Speed - The 7 seems to process the tasks that I use much quicker than the 5.
- New S-Pen Features - You'll have to do some reading - there are several slick new features (Magnifying Glass, Translation, etc.)
- Best Camera Yet - in my opinion anyway
- Waterproof, including S-Pen to IP68 spec
- Now has Iris Scanner to unlock phone added to finger prints and passwords, etc
- You can now create animated gif files very easily.
- Sound Quality suffered we believe, due to waterproofing, but not really bad - Note 5 is better.

Excellent Video Review for more at:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...173-galaxy-note-7-reviews-up.html#post5331738

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech