Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much for taking the time! I thought there might be huge differences and there are. I think all in all I made the right decision for me going with the N7 vs. the N5. I really appreciate your efforts and rosesrread1's efforts.

I decided to accept a compromise offer from Sprint and I am back on my N7 until later today while they do different things. At that point they will, for safety sake, put me back on my N4. They are finalizing details and it's wonderful to have the N7 back in my hand. I may not let her put it back to the N4. I'll get a call later from them for my exchange CF#.

Here ya' go toenail_flicker:
- Battery Life - (and that's without putting the 7 in Battery Saver Mode) probably 35-40% better in the short time I had to play with it. (I always ran/run the 5 in Battery Saver Mode)
- Speed - The 7 seems to process the tasks that I use much quicker than the 5.
- New S-Pen Features - You'll have to do some reading - there are several slick new features (Magnifying Glass, Translation, etc.)
- Best Camera Yet - in my opinion anyway
- Waterproof, including S-Pen to IP68 spec
- Now has Iris Scanner to unlock phone added to finger prints and passwords, etc
- You can now create animated gif files very easily.
- Sound Quality suffered we believe, due to waterproofing, but not really bad - Note 5 is better.

Excellent Video Review for more at:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...173-galaxy-note-7-reviews-up.html#post5331738

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, still using. VZW rep on phone agreed should be using and keeping an eye on it when anywhere near a charger. Actually said unless it's listed as one of the ones that needs returned when you check on Samsung's site, then I should just keep it. Really surprised she said that, but I told her I'm trading in-don't want something to happen 6 mo's from now and then I'm s.o.l. Disabled fast charge too....

One thing though-my store rep said even though it says the 21st, she felt they wouldn't really be in until the end of the month. The way I read it was that it should be exchanged/done by the 21st. Meaning anytime before then. I think with the damn iPhone, they're not wanting to have 2 big things going on at the same time so the carriers are trying not to do Note 7 until iPhone hoopla dies down a little. Really, how does BestBuy have replacements as of this past week and carriers are 'hoping' to get them in soon. I don't buy it.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Not correct. The 21st carriers will have them for exchange. They will be on sale again for those who never had one on the 28th or beginning of Oct. . Its confirmed my Samsung and my carrier . If I read your post incorrectly, as I was rushing, sorry. But as for days for those who already have one , it's the 21st.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree. But if you fly its a problem. I found the coolest feature on the screen of display. Only once did i see this in all the videos I've watched. I'll post it after I have my coffee!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I agree. But if you fly its a problem. I found the coolest feature on the screen of display. Only once did i see this in all the videos I've watched. I'll post it after I have my coffee!
i guess i question how they will actually implement this day to day. i doubt they have time or inclination to look at every phone. long term this may lead to some sort of ban on all devices with these types of batteries.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I triedtried to email Samsung U.S about the phone.
They won't take my complaint.
My email address is no good.. registered 3 phones with them too.

We need about 20 million people tonl protest about bloatware.
And why Samsung didn't upgrade the memory and processor.
Like who's in charge of making decisions there.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I triedtried to email Samsung U.S about the phone.
They won't take my complaint.
My email address is no good.. registered 3 phones with them too.

We need about 20 million people tonl protest about bloatware.
And why Samsung didn't upgrade the memory and processor.
Like who's in charge of making decisions there.
do you mean upgrade from the Note5 or from the S7, or do you mean from the Note 7, if it is the later then that is a very unrealistic expecation for a recall event.

As far as bloatware, i do not mind Samsungs it is Verizons that is the bigger issue .

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
OK, without coffee im useless. I meant ALWAYS ON DISPLAY, NOT screen off display. This is great. You can customize the pic on the display from anything in your gallery. U don't have to choose from the options given when you're setting it up. It takes seconds to do. 1- take out your spen. 2-swipe down the menu shade for settings menu and tap on always on display. Then hit more settings. Once there tap on "about always on display" 3- then go to your photos and tap the one you want to open it. Then press the pens button and select smart select. Select the entire pic or any part of it you want . Then tap SET AS, then tap SAVE . Don't forget the save. THAT'S IT!! Then shut off the phone and see your new always on display. It will now be among those to choose from in the list whenever u want to use it. Like everything else, u can change it a hundred times day! After you've done it, and want to play even more , you can change the colors, etc. This is really really amazing ....

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Sprint is pretty bad about bloatware too. Saving grace is that you can disable or uninstall a lot of it. I would rather they not install it and ask on setup. Easier.

for some reason i do not begrudge the phone manufacturer their bloatware (of course all things being equal i would rather not have it). It is the carrier bloatware that drives me crazy, best thing apple ever did was to keep that off their phones.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
OK, without coffee im useless. I meant ALWAYS ON DISPLAY, NOT screen off display. This is great. You can customize the pic on the display from anything in your gallery. U don't have to choose from the options given when you're setting it up. It takes seconds to do. 1- take out your spen. 2-swipe down the menu shade for settings menu and tap on always on display. Then hit more settings. Once there tap on "about always on display" 3- then go to your photos and tap the one you want to open it. Then press the pens button and select smart select. Select the entire pic or any part of it you want . Then tap SET AS, then tap SAVE . Don't forget the save. THAT'S IT!! Then shut off the phone and see your new always on display. It will now be among those to choose from in the list whenever u want to use it. Like everything else, u can change it a hundred times day! After you've done it, and want to play even more , you can change the colors, etc. This is really really amazing ....

thank you i was not aware of that, i will have to try that.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

...now after reading your "Before Coffee" post, then your "After Coffee" post, I really expected what you were going to say was for folks to paste an iPhone 7 logo in the "Always On Display" for getting on to planes - just hold the phone up with the logo and voila', you're an iPhone 7 for that short, "necessary" moment in time. Damned, I really thought you were on to something there!

I already knew about the ability to do that - I've got a caricature of my Ford F350 for mine.

BeachTrk2b.jpg

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
do you mean upgrade from the Note5 or from the S7, or do you mean from the Note 7, if it is the later then that is a very unrealistic expecation for a recall event.

As far as bloatware, i do not mind Samsungs it is Verizons that is the bigger issue .
I don't have a Note 5.
Why can't i upgrade today instead of Wednesday. What is the holdup.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Wish I thought of it... VERY funny!! But I'm too loyal to betray my note for an apple with a bite out if it.. That bite signifies a big chunk of all the things it's users are missing out on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital