Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Question for everyone, has anyone else been getting notifications from Samsung Plus about weak charging being detected? I get this every couple of days. I've tried turning off a bunch of apps and I'm using the Samsung fast charger so I'm not sure what's going on....

I've had this happen once, but it was while I was in the car, using the USB plugged directly into the cars USB port, trying to charge it from there, and I believe I had a few apps open while that was charging. I made sure I closed apps when charging in the car after that, and haven't seen the message since. I believe the message states that there are too many apps open that are drawing from the battery faster than the battery can charge at the same time.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
A Question. I know it's ridiculous but - when I got my new note bc of the problems finding a screen protector I told the guy at Verizon to leave on the plastic proctor it was shipped with . I still haven't gotten a protector but want this ~thing ~off the phone. I can't get it off! And don't want to scratch my phone in the process. I've tried relentlessly to get it off, it's as stubborn as I am... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Just pry up a corner with a guitar pick.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm still cruising with the factory protector as well. Alcohol swabs are your friend. Or warm it up with a hair dryer, and I mean warm, not blazing surface of the sun, and peel it gently. I haven't tried to take it off, but I've taken off quite a few Slick Wraps. Heat or alcohol swabs.

Thank you! Now I'm confused.. Maybe I should keep it on also until there's a good screen protector. I thought something might get under what's on there now and cause scratching bc it doesn't even cover the flat part of the screen . It's very narrow & starting to get me crazy. At least now I know what to do. Thanks again.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Just checked out Amazon to see if they got in Samsungs official Note 7 screen protectors. They did ! Just placed the order. Really hope it's the last one I try. Reviews were great. I only read 3 but .. it has to be better than the others .

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
A Question. I know it's ridiculous but - when I got my new note bc of the problems finding a screen protector I told the guy at Verizon to leave on the plastic proctor it was shipped with . I still haven't gotten a protector but want this ~thing ~off the phone. I can't get it off! And don't want to scratch my phone in the process. I've tried relentlessly to get it off, it's as stubborn as I am... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Find the edge of the screen and firmly place some scotch tape on it leaving one end of the piece of tape exposed and then peal back. If that doesn't grab it then try the recommendation of warming it up a little bit with a hair dryer. The scotch tape is how I always removed the plastic off the back camera lens.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Find the edge of the screen and firmly place some scotch tape on it leaving one end of the piece of tape exposed and then peal back. If that doesn't grab it then try the recommendation of warming it up a little bit with a hair dryer. The scotch tape is how I always removed the plastic off the back camera lens.

Thank you. I didn't think it would be this difficult to get it off . Iwas going to leave it on until I found a good protector. Amazon finally got in the Samsung official protectors so I'll be taking it off once it gets here . Curved edges and great reviews.

demon_pc

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
After reading the two posts before mine. I looked at the camera and the flash, and realized I didn't take the plastic off of them. Lol. Completely forgot.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone else get a Samsung update today including good lock lock screen? I haven't used it before but it's pretty good. I missed the recent cards for about a second! I like this set up. Been playing around with it, notification shade is cool, everything's color coordinated and changeable. I should have tried it before now but couldn't get it on my note 4.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone else get a Samsung update today including good lock lock screen? I haven't used it before but it's pretty good. I missed the recent cards for about a second! I like this set up. Been playing around with it, notification shade is cool, everything's color coordinated and changeable. I should have tried it before now but couldn't get it on my note 4.

I'm still at work, so I haven't seen anything for any kind of update. I usually get them when I get back to my home wifi connection. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them though!

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
No update for me, either. To be clear, it appears Rosesrread1 is with Verizon. I am as well. So if there's an update for Verizon I definitely haven't gotten it.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
No update for me, either. To be clear, it appears Rosesrread1 is with Verizon. I am as well. So if there's an update for Verizon I definitely haven't gotten it.

It was a samsung apps update. It downloaded by itself with a notification. There were 3 samsung app icons in my notifications. From what I can see, 1 was Samsungs good lock lock screen that Ive set up and am using, the other 2, I have no idea what the are . So far I don't see anything else other than my phone being a LOT faster. I always look to see what the downloads are before downloading, especially when I see something from Samsung. This time as soon as I tapped it, it started downloading. I'll keep searching to see if I can find what the tiny spies living in my phone did to it to speed it up this much.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It was a samsung apps update. It downloaded by itself with a notification. There were 3 samsung app icons in my notifications. From what I can see, 1 was Samsungs good lock lock screen that Ive set up and am using, the other 2, I have no idea what the are . So far I don't see anything else other than my phone being a LOT faster. I always look to see what the downloads are before downloading, especially when I see something from Samsung. This time as soon as I tapped it, it started downloading. I'll keep searching to see if I can find what the tiny spies living in my phone did to it to speed it up this much.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't allow Samsung to auto update because I'm using an older version of S Notes...so I don't want to lose that. And I'm not using Good Lock. I suspect one of the 3 was S Note (maybe), one was obviously Good Lock which I'm not using. Mystery on number 3...

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. I don't allow Samsung to auto update because I'm using an older version of S Notes...so I don't want to lose that. And I'm not using Good Lock. I suspect one of the 3 was S Note (maybe), one was obviously Good Lock which I'm not using. Mystery on number 3...

The first thing I did was check to see if SNote was brought back with link to action. It wasn't. & my phone is definately faster since the download. But other than that I still haven't found anything that wasn't there before. I'll keep searching!

13omb

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yes, my GN7 on Verizon just updated with a new lock screen, but it also turned the whole notification menu purple?!?

I actually think the new Samsung Notes app is a good start (beta), but def needs a web version or sync to Evernote to be really effective

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that's keeping me from using Good Lock is that on my Verizon version, once Good Lock is installed, there's no longer a quick setting in the notification pull down for the hotspot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463