Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if y'all knew this but if you take a pic in selfie mode in the dark with flash on the screen will flash I thought this was a cool new feature

I wouldn't have thought of doing that. Interesting effect. I don't know if it's a new feature bc it never occurred to me to use the flash with a selfie. But something I'd do..only when I'm looking my best!

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
On another 'note' , no way am I ever giving up this phone. IF any future mishaps should occur I'm keeping it unless service is turned off. At which time I'll revert back to my note 4 until the N8 comes out.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
2 QUESTIONS??
1- I just received my 2nd free gift from Samsung today, the 256SD card. Which I already received long ago. Just a could of wks after my pre-order on Aug. 3rd. Now I just received another! I wanted the gear fit but it was too late to change the order the first time. This one was obviously sent by error. So now, I'm the recipient of 2 SD cards- my gain! Although I know I'll never use the 2nd. Which leads me to question 2
- now that all carriers are doing swaps, the 7 for any phone if you want to exchange, is anyone going that route? I can't see myself giving up mine. It's working perfectly. Curious as to what others are contemplating.

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I know on the note 4 it didn't do that so it might be new

But no unless I absolutely have to give up my n7 I'm keeping it I LOVE this phone I waited till a great phone came out because I could never downsize

I wouldn't have thought of doing that. Interesting effect. I don't know if it's a new feature bc it never occurred to me to use the flash with a selfie. But something I'd do..only when I'm looking my best!

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I posted about clear coat awhile back. I have it but haven't used it. the recall came before I had a chance to put it on. Once I had the replacement I kept checking amazon to see if they had samsung official projectors back in stock, last wk they did. so I ordered it. I should get it Monday or Tues. I figured I'd try samsung first bc it seemed they'd be the one making the better of the 2., & If 1 doesn't stay on , hopefully the other will. Which to put on first?? Clear coat looks great. I watched a Utube video re:N 7 long ago that ended with the guy saying hes used CC on all his phones & has put them on all his customers phones.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I love that no one wants to really give up their Note 7...this device is amazing compared to what's out there...even better than my tablets and I have both iPad pro's and a a tab S2...

May be the last time anyone will experience a new product with the "Note" name so continue enjoying till they force it out of our hands and deactivate our devices

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I love that no one wants to really give up their Note 7...this device is amazing compared to what's out there...even better than my tablets and I have both iPad pro's and a a tab S2...

May be the last time anyone will experience a new product with the "Note" name so continue enjoying till they force it out of our hands and deactivate our devices

The word deactivate is enough to cause me nightmares! So far, 1 phone. If nothing else is in the news this will fade away. And we'll have our safe Ns. My N4 isn't the 7 but I'll be happy using that if I have to until the 8 comes out. I HOPE it doesn't come to that. I don't think they'd ever pull the N line. I'm betting the 8 will be mind boggling. If u really give thought to this, it's 1 phone only. 1 out of how many?? & Who knows what accident the guy might have had with it. No news is good news.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I was obviously wrong about the #s of exploding 7s. Far too many in ONE week. I'll always be a Note owner. Regardless of cover ups by samsung, if that's the case. BUT- with this situation getting worse by the hour I can't be dumb about the fact it will continue. I don't know what I'd do until the N8 is out. The SPen is always in my hand. I need it. Is there ANYTHING out there with a stylus that's not garbage to switch to until the N8? I have my N4 but after using it for an hr. i missed the advancements of the 7 too much to use it daily for the time frame im talking about. I have my Samsungs tablet, everything I own is Samsung. I use SideSync, but no big deal losing that. I also need the large display. Don't want to go to a smaller screen. iPhone will NEVER see my face looking back at it.. I really don't know what to do. I depend on and use my Note for everything I do. Very confused. If anyone can offer suggestions, please do. I've researched a little but doing that is depressing in itself. 😣. I know it's supposedly "just a phone". The 7 ISN'T just a phone. If u HAVE TO , where do you go from here??

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you are worried , just take the N7 back and use your back up phone (if you have one) until you find another phone you like. I don't want to return my N7 again , but if Samsung tells me I have to then I'll just have to go back to my old phone. For right now I'm just sticking with my N7 until further notice. It's risky, but that's my choice .Doing this my way may not be the right fit for everyone. People are making the situation harder than what it has to be. Stop worrying yourselves and take the phone back if that's an option for you.Everybody is getting all worked up with the thought of having a dangerous phone, but aren't taking advantage of the option of taking it back.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The word deactivate is enough to cause me nightmares! So far, 1 phone. If nothing else is in the news this will fade away. And we'll have our safe Ns. My N4 isn't the 7 but I'll be happy using that if I have to until the 8 comes out. I HOPE it doesn't come to that. I don't think they'd ever pull the N line. I'm betting the 8 will be mind boggling. If u really give thought to this, it's 1 phone only. 1 out of how many?? & Who knows what accident the guy might have had with it. No news is good news.
5 phones now. . I'm done.

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
There is no replacement for the N7. Without a stylus you just have a phone like everyone else. I used the S-Pen and drawing capabilities of the N7 a lot for work. The Note series has been my only device since leaving the iPhone 4. Chances are there is no Samsung cover up. If there was a cover-up the first recall would have taken a lot longer.

If the people with the defective phones are not turning them in for testing or forensics then how is it Samsung's cover-up? Only one person has said the phone has melted the case. Everyone here runs outs to purchase screensavers and there are threads dedicated to which is the best case to have. Chances are the people with defective phones may be keeping them in their back pockets, causing them to bend or stress the circuit boards.

I traded my phones for the replacements. A complete recall of all the Note 7 devices will have to be issued for me to give it back.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Ifs funny how everybody on here is a authority about phones and electronics.
And they know what needs to be done.
And everybody is insecure.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I was obviously wrong about the #s of exploding 7s. Far too many in ONE week. I'll always be a Note owner. Regardless of cover ups by samsung, if that's the case. BUT- with this situation getting worse by the hour I can't be dumb about the fact it will continue. I don't know what I'd do until the N8 is out. The SPen is always in my hand. I need it. Is there ANYTHING out there with a stylus that's not garbage to switch to until the N8? I have my N4 but after using it for an hr. i missed the advancements of the 7 too much to use it daily for the time frame im talking about. I have my Samsungs tablet, everything I own is Samsung. I use SideSync, but no big deal losing that. I also need the large display. Don't want to go to a smaller screen. iPhone will NEVER see my face looking back at it.. I really don't know what to do. I depend on and use my Note for everything I do. Very confused. If anyone can offer suggestions, please do. I've researched a little but doing that is depressing in itself. 😣. I know it's supposedly "just a phone". The 7 ISN'T just a phone. If u HAVE TO , where do you go from here??
That's all I did all day yesterday - research. First, I agree - I ran my Note 5 while waiting for the Replacements to arrive and even that drove me crazy ss THERE IS NO GOING BACK for me! I spent this morning taking screen shots of all my s-Notes just in case there's no way to get back to them in the future! Still waiting to hear from AT&T - will only accept a full refund, don't want an S7, S7 Edge or anything else they offer at the moment. Waiting to hear more about the Google Pixel XL... really sad right now!

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
If you are worried , just take the N7 back and use your back up phone (if you have one) until you find another phone you like. I don't want to return my N7 again , but if Samsung tells me I have to then I'll just have to go back to my old phone. For right now I'm just sticking with my N7 until further notice. It's risky, but that's my choice .Doing this my way may not be the right fit for everyone. People are making the situation harder than what it has to be. Stop worrying yourselves and take the phone back if that's an option for you.Everybody is getting all worked up with the thought of having a dangerous phone, but aren't taking advantage of the option of taking it back.

My country has no option of returning/refunding or exchanging to another model.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
That's all I did all day yesterday - research. First, I agree - I ran my Note 5 while waiting for the Replacements to arrive and even that drove me crazy ss THERE IS NO GOING BACK for me! I spent this morning taking screen shots of all my s-Notes just in case there's no way to get back to them in the future! Still waiting to hear from AT&T - will only accept a full refund, don't want an S7, S7 Edge or anything else they offer at the moment. Waiting to hear more about the Google Pixel XL... really sad right now!

I was told they are accepting refunds. I am going this morning in 1 hour, so I will let you know my outcome.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I watched the live Pixel event. I'm guessing you won't be interested after having the 7. The only thing I'm panicked about is the possibility of giving it up. Which I won't unless I'm given no choice. I'm just trying to think ahead in case of... what if... & Although a major inconvenience If it comes to deactivation, that someone mentioned a few days ago, sorry - can't remember who right now , I guess I can reactivate my N4 for calls and texts and use my 7 for everything else. I'm NOT worried about my phone exploding 🤔. It's in my hand every waking minute. I clearly just answered my own question. I can't give it up. I hope there won't be a need to carry 2 notes but Ill always love my N4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781