Note 7 Owners club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Just left Verizon. I lett with my Note 7 in hand. I Can't give it up. Manager of the store and every employee there have the 7 and they're keeping it. I think it's just too much of a loss and humiliation for samsung to continue trying to fix what might be a problem or might not be. One thing I'm certain of is that samsung isn't giving their customers the informantion they should be giving them . At this point I'm guessing they want to move on with their new models & walk away from the 7&their remaining loyal followers .. Theres no recall yet. Verizon actually still has it on display. If it does happens I'll go to the latest note I can find and wait for the 8. So me and my note are going home to start our Monday errands . But really - COME ON SAMSUNG! . GIVING US SOME INFORMATION IS THE LEAST YOU SHOULD DO!!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 5 before the Note 7. It's a great phone and for me it didn't really feel like a downgrade. It has a lot of the same/similar great features as the Note 7.

Agreed, the note 5 was a perfectly good phone aside from the battery life being sub-par in my experience.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
COME ON SAMSUNG! . GIVING US SOME INFORMATION IS THE LEAST YOU SHOULD DO!!

I have to agree with this !! I've been one of those on this board saying let's wait and see some kind of offical announcement from Samsung before ditching the Notes and handing them in.

A lot of new issues has been reported during the weekend and I can understand why there was no announcement the last couple of days.

However Samsung has had one business day to investigate and look into what issues has occurred since its now early Tuesday morning in Korea and still not a peep from management ?!?!

Unless they celebrate Columbus Day and were off like I am right now yay 😊 ........ there really should had been some kind of press release imho ?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I think everybody is in a big hurry to hear Samsung say something.
Don't you think they need to get the phone back and do some research on it.
Go get a different phone if it's bothering you and you can't wait
I do not want to wait another year for another phone.

When Samsung had the phones with the plastic backs and replaceable batteries..every body was saying they wasn't as nice as the iPhone.
So Samsung changed.
Look at What all we lost

Not they got a problem and everybody is screaming like there us a immediate fix.
These things takes time to determine what is wrong

I can WAIT..my phone is working great.
Itvit gets hot and melts
Guess what. I get a new one.
I know what to do big it gets hot.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I think everybody is in a big hurry to hear Samsung say something.
Don't you think they need to get the phone back and do some research on it.
Go get a different phone if it's bothering you and you can't wait
I do not want to wait another year for another phone.

When Samsung had the phones with the plastic backs and replaceable batteries..every body was saying they wasn't as nice as the iPhone.
So Samsung changed.
Look at What all we lost

Not they got a problem and everybody is screaming like there us a immediate fix.
These things takes time to determine what is wrong

I can WAIT..my phone is working great.
Itvit gets hot and melts
Guess what. I get a new one.
I know what to do big it gets hot.

To make things harder for them to figure it out, there are those who a refusing to send in the burnt phone.

I am keeping my Note7, i have statistically zero concern about it catching fire so unless they disable it i am still in the club.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
To make things harder for them to figure it out, there are those who a refusing to send in the burnt phone.

I am keeping my Note7, i have statistically zero concern about it catching fire so unless they disable it i am still in the club.

Clearly, so am I! Ironically, when I got back from Verizon today my Samsung screen protector had been delivered . Fate.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
They've officially stopped production on the 7. That means the end of the note till the 8. 😢.

Right now they temporarily stopped production. Can't say it the end of note7 til Samsung comes out and says it is. Not some people on a forum that are assuming before all the facts and statements are given.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm with Rose and From a Buick ......
66aad47b7e059e0f71a1664d8a2fc1de.gif

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have my replacement Note 7. And I really like this phone. It's the best phone I have had. But that is to be expected as every new phone we get should be better than the last. I am on the fence about keeping it though. Not because I am concerned about these manufacturing issues. But more because it's not really clear what kind of support we can expect for the device. It's safe to assume that when all is said and done there will be a much smaller contingent of Note 7 owners. And that makes me question Samsung's commitment to the phone. We are already hearing that manufacturing has been pretty much halted. And you gotta assume at this point Sammy would just like to move on from this whole situation before any more damage is done, if things haven't been damaged beyond repair already. I will say this, if my carrier were offering the Pixel XL this probably would have already been sent back. So will I return mine or exchange it? I don't know. Probably not. There just isn't anything else out right now that has me interested enough to do so. Except the Google Pixel that is. But do I really want to spend close to 1000 bucks on a phone 2 months before Christmas? I don't think I do. I would like some type of official response from Samsung. And not these vague statements that are being reported. That I do know. Come on Sammy your customers deserve some straight answers. We can all agree on that.

Last edited:

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So far I am keeping mine unless it becomes mandatory to return them. I don't see a single phone out there or coming, that can compare to the Note 7....catching fire, exploding or not....lol. LG V20 or Pixel XL wateva....dont even have a danm stylus for all that money. N what is the S7 Edge? That phone looks like a toy phone. I need my phones to look real n be premium. That is one of the pleasures in my life. So for now keeping my Note 7.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm out. Not because I think my phone will catch fire but because I need to have something I can travel with. I have my galaxy S7 active to maintain my android fix so I exchanged my note 7 for an iPhone 7 because I won't have any issues flying with that.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I am keeping my note7 .the only way I will return it is if a mandatory recall.love this phone.

Likewise. There are other good phones out there, but the N7 pretty much has everything I'm looking for in a phone right now. Anything else is a step down. Of course, if there's a mandatory recall then I'll return it, but not doing anything until we reach that point.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
You know it is most likely the redneck in me, but the more i hear about folks returning theirs and others "telling" me i should return mine. The more i read on the news about how "dangerous" they are. The more i hear about the powers that be "forcing" me to give my property up. The more i want to dig my heels in and draw that line in the sand.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
You know it is most likely the redneck in me, but the more i hear about folks returning theirs and others "telling" me i should return mine. The more i read on the news about how "dangerous" they are. The more i hear about the powers that be "forcing" me to give my property up. The more i want to dig my heels in and draw that line in the sand.

Good point . I'm getting there myself. Just spoke to a verizon tech 2see if there was anything he could tell me bc im definately not giving up my phone. Yes, I've become obessed with this. It's under investigation with consumer safety as we know. He said -
1- the car fire was set by the guy who owned the truck. (that always sounded like arson to me from day 1)
2- the plane fire sounds fishy bc once you're evacuated from a plane you're NEVER allowed to go back in to get an item to take off the plane like the man said he or his friend did. He said by the end of the wk there would probably be a statement, although him saying that doesn't mean much. I just don't think these, or at least some of these FEW fires were legit.. I'm so happy I kept my note. I'd be very depressed without it - even though that sounds very shallow, I can't help it. I love it!

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm out. Not because I think my phone will catch fire but because I need to have something I can travel with. I have my galaxy S7 active to maintain my android fix so I exchanged my note 7 for an iPhone 7 because I won't have any issues flying with that.

I understand but they haven't said u can't travel with it...yet. So until then decide what you want to do. I am not telling u what to do. I am just telling u to know what "U" want to do at this time. If it gets to the no flying or mandatory as well, I will return mine.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Good point . I'm getting there myself. Just spoke to a verizon tech 2see if there was anything he could tell me bc im definately not giving up my phone. Yes, I've become obessed with this. It's under investigation with consumer safety as we know. He said -
1- the car fire was set by the guy who owned the truck. (that always sounded like arson to me from day 1)
2- the plane fire sounds fishy bc once you're evacuated from a plane you're NEVER allowed to go back in to get an item to take off the plane like the man said he or his friend did. He said by the end of the wk there would probably be a statement, although him saying that doesn't mean much. I just don't think these, or at least some of these FEW fires were legit.. I'm so happy I kept my note. I'd be very depressed without it - even though that sounds very shallow, I can't help it. I love it!

I with you.JediKnights.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.