10-11-2016 10:35 AM
85 1234
tools
    Anyone who talks about lawsuits like it's a simple thing have never been to court.
    Thank You !
    09-09-2016 01:21 PM
    I really don't get the thought process here ...

One cannot plead ignorance that they didn't know about the recall and continue to use the phone and expect to be reimbursed if the phone blows up and causes additional damage (or inflicts pain). I sincerely question that any of the existing recent reports out there where they stated that they "didn't know about the recall" are true.

These are CONNECTED devices to the internet... I personally received 4 email notifications (2 each from Samsung and ATT), as well as 3 alerts directly from ATT when the recall was initiated (first day). Never mind the fact that the recall was broadcast *nationally* and all over the internet that same day and all weekend.

Heck if you're like me, I expect most people are simply googling on their shiny new Note 7 a few days after purchase to see what accessories, etc., are available - or reading up on updates on the device. Executing a Google search anytime past last Thursday has yielded nothing but information on the recall.

There are options here -

STOP using the phone - it's obviously dangerous and risky to use or charge.

Return it for a full refund, and either get a loaner (depending on which carrier you have), use an older device you may have, or buy an alternative device, or buy a cheap phone to use in the interim. Why risk it? Because it's a PITA to swap out phones?
    Jona005, Shadowyugi and 1213 1213 like this.
    09-09-2016 01:36 PM
    I really don't get the thought process here ...

One cannot plead ignorance that they didn't know about the recall and continue to use the phone and expect to be reimbursed if the phone blows up and causes additional damage (or inflicts pain). I sincerely question that any of the existing recent reports out there where they stated that they "didn't know about the recall" are true.

These are CONNECTED devices to the internet... I personally received 4 email notifications (2 each from Samsung and ATT), as well as 3 alerts directly from ATT when the recall was initiated (first day). Never mind the fact that the recall was broadcast *nationally* and all over the internet that same day and all weekend.

Heck if you're like me, I expect most people are simply googling on their shiny new Note 7 a few days after purchase to see what accessories, etc., are available - or reading up on updates on the device. Executing a Google search anytime past last Thursday has yielded nothing but information on the recall.

There are options here -

STOP using the phone - it's obviously dangerous and risky to use or charge.

Return it for a full refund, and either get a loaner (depending on which carrier you have), use an older device you may have, or buy an alternative device, or buy a cheap phone to use in the interim. Why risk it? Because it's a PITA to swap out phones?
    Don't understand why other people want to ask me not to use my device.
    Its not anything to you.
    Its my choice and freedom to do what I want to do.
    I like using my Note 7 and I'm going to as long as if feels safe to me.
    Don't worry about what other people decide to do.
    You made your decisions to not use it.
    Now you don't have to worry about it.

I've ridden a Harley Davidson for over 40 yrs.
    I take chances all the time.
    I live life on the edge.
    Always have.
    09-09-2016 01:41 PM
    they gave you a out with the recall, send it back, get the temporary phone and then get the new Note 7 when they are replaced
    09-09-2016 01:49 PM
    I am sure the people that incur real damages will sue them, and Samsung will settle. That guy will get money for a new Jeep, just like the hotel damages will be paid.
    09-09-2016 02:06 PM
    Don't understand why other people want to ask me not to use my device.
    Its not anything to you.
    Its my choice and freedom to do what I want to do.
    I like using my Note 7 and I'm going to as long as if feels safe to me.
    Don't worry about what other people decide to do.
    You made your decisions to not use it.
    Now you don't have to worry about it.

I've ridden a Harley Davidson for over 40 yrs.
    I take chances all the time.
    I live life on the edge.
    Always have.
    I think you missed the point of my response to the OP.

I agree with you - in that you have a choice to continue using it...

My point is there's no *need* for a lawsuit. To your point - everyone has options and choices. How everyone chooses is up to them. Just don't expect to be able to sue Samsung when you have made a choice to continue using a device that's known to be risky to use..
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-09-2016 02:15 PM
    I think you missed the point of my response to the OP.

I agree with you - in that you have a choice to continue using it...

My point is there's no *need* for a lawsuit. To your point - everyone has options and choices. How everyone chooses is up to them. Just don't expect to be able to sue Samsung when you have made a choice to continue using a device that's known to be risky to use..
    I don't want to Sue anybody.
    Never Said I wanted to.
    I don't have the time or money.
    I know what it takes to sue somebody.
    And I don't want to be caught up in it.
    Cheaper to go and buy a Brand New phone .

I am just waiting on the new Phones to arrive.
    09-09-2016 02:18 PM
    My last wife was a legal Secretary.
    Buddy I grew up with, his wife is a paralegal.
    Had my own business for 19 yrs.

I've heard a lot of people ready to jump and say I will sue you.
    Till they go and pay money for consultation for a attorney.
    And things don't seem quite like they thought they would.
    Nobody ever thinks about losing and what happens.

Don't want this to be political.
    But I want to save somebody some pain in case they decide to take that route.
    I've been trying to read your posts as if they're poems.
    mmsean, Jona005 and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-09-2016 03:11 PM
    Unless someone can prove Samsung dis something wrong and not fix it, no lawsuit is going to gain traction.

Samsung's legal team, and a very good team, advised of recalling all the phones. They know there will be a handful that cause damage, and they will settle on those cases.

From the courts and laws eyes, Samsung is making you whole.

Let's say the OPs phone did burn. The OP can sue for damages. But, Samsung has a copy of this thread, and they can simply state the OP knew about the recall, the dangers, and still used it at his own risk. OP loses. Then, Samsung can come back and ask for legal costs to be paid by the plaintiff.

Sammy covered themselves well by doing the recall the way they did.

And, the odds of a Note 7 burning is still somewhere around a .000025%
    09-09-2016 03:32 PM
    Actually there is a recent similar circumstance. nVidia sold GTX 9xx video cards and listed the specifications as having more VRAM than the Cards actually did have. The class action suit was successful. Now Samsung sold the Note 7 under similar false pretenses. It was so unsafe that the FAA has issued a bulletin to not pack or carry the phone on any US flight. That seems like an undue hardship that's worth at least $16.78.
    09-09-2016 03:42 PM
    Actually there is a recent similar circumstance. nVidia sold GTX 9xx video cards and listed the specifications as having more VRAM than the Cards actually did have. The class action suit was successful. Now Samsung sold the Note 7 under similar false pretenses. It was so unsafe that the FAA has issued a bulletin to not pack or carry the phone on any US flight. That seems like an undue hardship that's worth at least $16.78.
    Nvidia was proven to be intentionally misleading. Samsung obviously did not intend to sell a device with battery problems and (IMO) applied overkill due diligence with a complete recall campaign of devices. Samsung has very expensive lawyers advising them.
    blackhemi4x4 likes this.
    09-09-2016 03:46 PM
    Let's hope a plane doesn't catch on fire from an exploding N7 or people will use Samsung forcing Samsung to close their mobile line. Ok I am just kidding but if a N7 does explode on a plane Samsung is liable for not recalling all their phones when they had chance.
    09-09-2016 04:01 PM
    Let's hope a plane doesn't catch on fire from an exploding N7 or people will use Samsung forcing Samsung to close their mobile line. Ok I am just kidding but if a N7 does explode on a plane Samsung is liable for not recalling all their phones when they had chance.
    Has any phone actually Exploded ?

Did they just not get hot and melt and say catch on fire ?
    09-09-2016 04:03 PM
    What other improvements am I missing? I haven't owned the Edge before but to my understanding, it's the same camera, and hardware in general.
    I'm using the S7 Edge as my interim replacement phone. I like the Note 7 slightly better for the reasons you mention above, plus the larger screen, the iris scanner, the ability to take quick notes by writing on the always-on screen (I wouldn't mind using my finger instead of the pen, but the S7's software doesn't support writing on the always-on screen), and being able to customize the always-on screen with my own background image (it's a trivial cosmetic difference, but the always-on screen is what my phone displays a majority of the time, so I miss that customization). Also, the Note 7 has 64GB vs 32GB for the S7.

The one huge advantage of the S7 is that it doesn't have the Note 7's sound/vibration-feedback-lag bug:
    intermittent serious UI-feedback lag | AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    If that's not reported to be fixed, I'll probably keep my S7 instead of getting a replacement Note 7.
    09-09-2016 04:06 PM
    I don't want to Sue anybody.
    Never Said I wanted to.
    I don't have the time or money.
    I know what it takes to sue somebody.
    And I don't want to be caught up in it.
    Cheaper to go and buy a Brand New phone .

I am just waiting on the new Phones to arrive.
    I'm pretty sure this post can be inserted as song lyrics ..
    09-09-2016 04:16 PM
    Haven't seen anyone mentioned about filling lawsuit against Samsung regarding the Note7 explosion incidents...

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone and still using it now and will replace it once it's available, but reading all the news related to the explosion make me sweat everytime I charge my phone. I usually charge it overnight, but now have to keep an eye.

We are talking about safety issues here, not about best phone or best design phone.

After all I paid close to one thousand bucks for an electronic device that can risk my life and those around me.

What's your thought on this?
    Samsung has acted honorably in addressing the problem and is making the correct decisions to rectify their product.

Life and people and products are flawed, *#@$*@ happens and it is how one deals with the bad outcomes that count.

I am not into retribution for others mistakes, unless warranted by wanton negligence.

Legal settlement would be justified if my phone caused damages ( car, home, self.......) otherwise this is a first world problem.

Have not lost confidence in Samsung and I love the Note 7 and am looking forward to my N 7 version 2.0, in sleek silky black of course.
    09-09-2016 04:28 PM
    People have enough warnings to stop using the device already.

Today, I got a notification from CNN about the product safety commission warning any owners of the Note 7 to stop using the device.

There are warnings after warnings out there and yet look at this forum. People are clearly still using their phones. I doubt that a lawsuit will be successful against Samsung.
    09-09-2016 05:09 PM
    Don't think nobody is using their Note 7 because they wan't warned.
    Or because they want to sue anybody.
    They are using it because they like it.

And they are waiting on the new phones to come out.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-09-2016 05:12 PM
    So if your aware there is a battery problem and the phone catches fire and injures you is that cause for a lawsuit?
    09-09-2016 05:49 PM
    Haven't seen anyone mentioned about filling lawsuit against Samsung regarding the Note7 explosion incidents...

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone and still using it now and will replace it once it's available, but reading all the news related to the explosion make me sweat everytime I charge my phone. I usually charge it overnight, but now have to keep an eye.

We are talking about safety issues here, not about best phone or best design phone.

After all I paid close to one thousand bucks for an electronic device that can risk my life and those around me.

What's your thought on this?
    Well, you've indicated that you're obviously aware of the risks of continuing to use the phone. If something catastrophic were to happen because of your continued use of it, any competent judge would tell you tough s**t, it's your fault if you tried to sue over it. If anyone else got hurt, or if anyone else's property got damaged, they'd have a pretty reasonable argument that you were at least partially responsible.

I'm no lawyer, though, just a very opinionated person.
    AXEL314 likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:43 PM
    No, the lawsuit won't be successful. Samsung recalled right away with no hesitation. Unlike some other companies I know.

I will tell you who you should sue. Anyone still using the phone if it does explode and someone around you gets hurt from it. Sue them for not listening to Samsung and continuing to use the device. And for not caring for the people around them cause a phone is more important than someone's life. Go figure.
    09-09-2016 08:49 PM
    People have enough warnings to stop using the device already.

Today, I got a notification from CNN about the product safety commission warning any owners of the Note 7 to stop using the device.

There are warnings after warnings out there and yet look at this forum. People are clearly still using their phones. I doubt that a lawsuit will be successful against Samsung.
    I'm using my phone until someone takes it away from me and gives me a replacement safe Note 7....
    09-09-2016 09:20 PM
    I believe that there will be a class action lawsuit in the near future and we each will get $16.78 for our troubles.
    On top of the $25 Samsung is already offering. Shoot that's 2 date nights at Sizzler lmao.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:26 PM
    Nvidia was proven to be intentionally misleading. Samsung obviously did not intend to sell a device with battery problems and (IMO) applied overkill due diligence with a complete recall campaign of devices. Samsung has very expensive lawyers advising them.
    Actually, we don't know that at present. Samsung is claiming that it was an unforeseen design/manufacturing flaw. A thorough independent investigation might well show that. Or not. In any event, there will be an internal "search for the guilty" at Samsung.
    09-09-2016 09:27 PM
    In the US, it is rapidly becoming more and more difficult to sue any company over anything due to (often well hidden) forced arbitration clauses. See http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/01/bu...f-justice.html for a very good series on this subject.

Also this one: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/yo...unts.html?_r=0
    09-10-2016 05:33 AM
85 1234