Lawsuit against Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

chongwj

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen anyone mentioned about filling lawsuit against Samsung regarding the Note7 explosion incidents...

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone and still using it now and will replace it once it's available, but reading all the news related to the explosion make me sweat everytime I charge my phone. I usually charge it overnight, but now have to keep an eye.

We are talking about safety issues here, not about best phone or best design phone.

After all I paid close to one thousand bucks for an electronic device that can risk my life and those around me.

What's your thought on this?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Without it actually causing damages there probably isn't a lot of grounds. That said, they haven't said that charging is related at all, let alone extended charging. Common sense says it probably is related in some way, but it could potentially be equally safe to have it in any state. There's really no way of knowing if charging it for shorter times or longer or not at all is more safe without further information from the OEM about the actual cause of damages.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love this phone and still using it now and will replace it once it's available, but reading all the news related to the explosion make me sweat everytime I charge my phone. I usually charge it overnight, but now have to keep an eye.
Stop using it.

Sorry, but I had to share that. Especially if your carrier offers loaners and/or you have a backup.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Haven't seen anyone mentioned about filling lawsuit against Samsung regarding the Note7 explosion incidents...

We are talking about safety issues here, not about best phone or best design phone.

After all I paid close to one thousand bucks for an electronic device that can risk my life and those around me.

What's your thought on this?

You sound like a money person. Ever been to court.
Go ahead and file charges when nothing has happened to you.
Let us know how much money you spend since you Paid close to 1000.00 and it could of been a wrist of your life.

Let us know how it turns out.

Nobody Twisted your arm to spend nearly 1000.00 for the phone either.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Stop using it.

Sorry, but I had to share that. Especially if your carrier offers loaners and/or you have a backup.
Seems like an easy solution. I'm actually starting to wonder why I want the Note over the Edge.

I like that the curved screen is more subtle.

I like the S-Pen functionality, but I can live without it.

I especially like the updated UI (GraceUX), but S7 and S7 Edge are probably going to get that in their next update.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm certain there are lawyers frothing at the mouth over the possibilities. The more flawed headlines and news reports, the more likely they will get to waste court time.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Without it actually causing damages there probably isn't a lot of grounds. That said, they haven't said that charging is related at all, let alone extended charging. Common sense says it probably is related in some way, but it could potentially be equally safe to have it in any state. There's really no way of knowing if charging it for shorter times or longer or not at all is more safe without further information from the OEM about the actual cause of damages.

Well there have been people where it has caused damaged. One guy had his truck catch fire while he was charging his Note 7. Unfortunately it's likely the circut board on the battery which is supposed to protect the battery from over charging and too much power being applied like is the point of failure. Whether it's a failure on the manufactures side or an actual fault from Samsung themselves during the engineering of it we might never know. There is a good video on line of an analysis of one of the phones that caught fire, the video maker takes a Note 7 apart to show all the components that are connected to the battery.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems like an easy solution. I'm actually starting to wonder why I want the Note over the Edge.

I like that the curved screen is more subtle.

I like the S-Pen functionality, but I can live without it.

I especially like the updated UI (GraceUX), but S7 and S7 Edge are probably going to get that in their next update.
Reason why I got the Note over the Edge was the S Pen along with some other improvements.

Is it worth the premium, though? That's the big question that you should ask before plopping down the bills.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm certain there are lawyers frothing at the mouth over the possibilities. The more flawed headlines and news reports, the more likely they will get to waste court time.

There are lawyers sitting in their office waiting on you to call. And you to pay them money and you to go to court.
But beware. if you try to sue somebody and loose. There are repercussions.
Meaning you can get counter sued and if you loos you can have to pay for everything.
Plus trying to deface their name.
Apparently you haven't ever hired many attorneys and gone to court very much.
And you got a lot of spare time on your hands to do all of this while you take time off from your job.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Reason why I got the Note over the Edge was the S Pen along with some other improvements.
What other improvements am I missing? I haven't owned the Edge before but to my understanding, it's the same camera, and hardware in general.

I really liked the Note 7 and it's making me open up to Samsung's other offerings now.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Well there have been people where it has caused damaged. One guy had his truck catch fire while he was charging his Note 7. Unfortunately it's likely the circut board on the battery which is supposed to protect the battery from over charging and too much power being applied like is the point of failure. Whether it's a failure on the manufactures side or an actual fault from Samsung themselves during the engineering of it we might never know. There is a good video on line of an analysis of one of the phones that caught fire, the video maker takes a Note 7 apart to show all the components that are connected to the battery.

Ask yourself, Are you one of these people ?
If not If I was you. I wouldn't say nothing.
Or maybe somebody might sue you.
How much money do you have to go to court.
More.

Go pay money to a attorney for consultation and ask him about this.

chongwj

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Ain't no money person, just prefer to buy phone without getting ripped off by overpriced carrier plan.

My point was no product should have been shipped out without testing for its safety, let alone Samsung who has been in this business for this long..

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
No slight on the OP, but the next thing you know, people might sue McDonalds for "making" them fat ;) Oh, that already happened.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
What other improvements am I missing? I haven't owned the Edge before but to my understanding, it's the same camera, and hardware in general.

I really liked the Note 7 and it's making me open up to Samsung's other offerings now.
My case might be different, but I vastly prefer the way the Note feels in the end, and I also prefer the more symmetrical shape of it and the more solid feel of it.

Hardware is basically the same, though, but I do appreciate the cleaner look of the UX. Should be on its way to the S7.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Ain't no money person, just prefer to buy phone without getting ripped off by overpriced carrier plan.

My point was no product should have been shipped out without testing for its safety, let alone Samsung who has been in this business for this long..

You getting Ripped Off.
Samsung had a product that was for sale.

They didn't throw anything out twisting your arm to walk in and buy a phone that you have decided was too expensive for you.

Only you can decide what you can and can't afford.

And with things going on that is not good.

And I know that you was inconvienced by the recall
But this should show people to keep a back up phone . Just in case

What if you had of spent about 60,000 on a car.
And it is on recall from catching fire.

Samsung ain't the only person or company with things happening.

Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles | CarComplaints.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC