10-11-2016 10:35 AM
85 ... 234
tools
    When and how did you lose productivity and not have the ability to return the device? From day 1, Samsung and the carriers have made it extremely easy to return or replace the device.

Entitlement; that's all I see in this thread.
    I completed agree with you. It's like the person su I Nguyen Starbucks. Really?
    Samsung is doing the right thing. But if people are refusing. Ta km email the consequences for not following Samsung on stop using.
    We are intelligent. Use your brain
    09-13-2016 07:27 PM
    BB FINALLY accepted my Note 7 and refunded us the $940... 3 trips 3 BB and 2 AT&T corp stores; all i wanted was the damn thing taken back and refunded. Forgot how nice not worrying about dropping the S7 Active is, and the battery that actually lasts 2 solid days instead of maybe one.
    09-13-2016 10:06 PM
    Reason why I got the Note over the Edge was the S Pen along with some other improvements.

Is it worth the premium, though? That's the big question that you should ask before plopping down the bills.
    A premium only if you are paying full price. Otherwise the difference in price is negligible, with payment plans or discounts ..

And don't forget double the base storage and the other benefits :-)
    09-13-2016 10:08 PM
    Government Evaluating New Samsung Note7 Phone Battery Amid Fire Risk:

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is set to evaluate the battery that Samsung is using in replacement Note7 smartphones, after previous batteries were found to have a fault which is believed to have caused some to catch fire.

The evaluation is a key step in the establishment of an official government-sanctioned recall, which requires that a remedy be made available to consumers, according to the CPSC's deputy director.

Samsung acknowledged it was seeking such a recall late last week after facing criticism over the "product exchange program" it had been offering customers.

After reports on social media claimed that the Note7 was catching fire or exploding, Samsung acknowledged on Sept. 2 that it had found "a battery cell issue" in the phone model which it had debuted only two weeks earlier. The company said it had received 35 reports of cases related to the battery but did not elaborate about those cases.

For people who had already bought the phone, the company said that it would "voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks."

A week after the initial announcement, on Sept. 9, the CPSC stepped in, telling the public that it was "urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device," and announcing that, "CPSC and Samsung are working cooperatively to formally announce an official recall of the devices, as soon as possible."

Official Recall vs. 'Exchange Program'

A recall makes it illegal for a product that is subject of a recall to be sold, CPSC Deputy Director Patty Davis told ABC News.

With no official recall yet in place, the Note7 can still be sold. And without the recall, people who did not want to wait for Samsung's exchange program to provide them with a new device, can still sell their devices as used.

Additionally, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) -- which has strongly advised flyers not to turn on or charge Note7s in flight -- cannot ban the device without its being the subject of an official recall, a government official told ABC News.

Samsung has not detailed why it offered an exchange program, and a Samsung spokesperson did not immediately comment.

ABC News' David Kerley and Daniel Steinberger contributed to this report.
    09-14-2016 12:03 AM
    Can't we all just get a phone?
    I'm going to pull an "Oprah'," You get a phone, and you get a phone and you get a phone.... everyone gets a phone!'.
    I couldn't help myself, sorry. Lol.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    09-14-2016 09:46 AM
    TO the person who claimed the originator of this message was a money person, I suspect you're a jackass person. Money had nothing to do with this. It's accepting responsibility. So go and vote for Trump and shut the heck up.
    09-19-2016 11:55 AM
    With a second recall underway, has there been any rumors of class action lawsuit?
    10-11-2016 09:00 AM
    Edit: never mind, I think I misread that post.

I don't agree with a lawsuit and definitely don't feel entitled to anything, but to say this process has been easy across the board is disingenuous and ignores the time a lot of people took out of their day(s) to deal with this. I don't know about you, but I value my time.
    10-11-2016 09:20 AM
    Edit: never mind, I think I misread that post.

I don't agree with a lawsuit and definitely don't feel entitled to anything, but to say this process has been easy across the board is disingenuous and ignores the time a lot of people took out of their day(s) to deal with this. I don't know about you, but I value my time.
    I spent four hours at the Verizon store last time to get my phone backed up. Three of those hours were spent trying to teach the dweebs about secure folders, a new feature of the Note 7 that I specially bought the phone for. They didn't have a clue how to back it up and I had sit there and transfer the files by email, one by one myself.

I'd join a class action lawsuit.
    10-11-2016 09:27 AM
    As the bees say, "Time is honey".
    10-11-2016 10:35 AM
85 ... 234