1. stmax's Avatar
    I'm wondering why Samsung can't just recall the phones that are affected by the battery/defect in question?

    If the problem is a particular battery can't they say exactly which phones are affected and then target correspondence to those people through the carriers?

    If they are doing a wide spread net approach does this mean that that type of quality control doesn't exist? In the pharmaceutical related industry there is Good Manufacturing Practices to ensure a paper trail of every ingredient and person/system that touched a particular lot number.

    Can't the manufacturer of each component be traced to a particular serial number phone?

    Mostly I'm just wondering aloud to gain an understanding. I'm pretty sure I'm keeping the Note 7. Just got an email from Samsung saying that around Sept 15th I should know more about exchanging my phone.
    09-09-2016 02:24 PM
  2. 1213 1213's Avatar
    Samsung SDI made almost all of them, 70% I think. The other 30% went to China mainly.
    09-09-2016 02:27 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 02:08 PM
  2. Cricket Wireless - Pure Phones that work with Hotspot?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 02:01 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 12:51 PM
  4. Why is my battery life draining so quickly?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 12:51 PM
  5. how to block a number on a LG flip phone for Trac Phone
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD