N7 Shut off when using S-Pay and wouldn't turn on until plugged into charger

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My batter was at 51%, and it turned off right when i used Samsung Pay at Target. I tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, power button with - button for 30 seconds, power button with home button for 30 seconds. Nothing worked and kind of freaked out.

When i plugged it into charger, the battery icon showed 51%, and then i was able to turn it back on.

Is this a known glitch or any thoughts please?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My batter was at 51%, and it turned off right when i used Samsung Pay at Target. I tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, power button with - button for 30 seconds, power button with home button for 30 seconds. Nothing worked and kind of freaked out.

When i plugged it into charger, the battery icon showed 51%, and then i was able to turn it back on.

Is this a known glitch or any thoughts please?

Sounds like some others have experienced similar problems with batteries draining quickly when it was under 50 percent. Hopefully someone can provide some helpful info.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You may or may not have heard something about battery problems. Hasn't really been talked about much though but could be the issue.

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me this morning... phone was at 63% before sudden becoming unresponsive. Now it won't turn on or charge. I don't have the new cord or adapter to plug it in right now (I'm not home), just the wireless charger from Samsung. The blue charger light turns on but the phone itself doesn't indicate that its charging. Tried holding volume down and power button but nothing happened. Its frustrating because I can't even factory rest it to return it- have a lot of personal info on it.

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine has started doing this a couple times a day but goes down to zero percent. Sometimes I have over 70% battery, other times it's lower when it does it. Once I charge it, it works fine again.

Target doesn't have loaners so just hoping the new phones are cleared soon so I can exchange before this thing splodes.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine has started doing this a couple times a day but goes down to zero percent. Sometimes I have over 70% battery, other times it's lower when it does it. Once I charge it, it works fine again.

Target doesn't have loaners so just hoping the new phones are cleared soon so I can exchange before this thing splodes.
Is it really working fine if it does that a couple of times a day? Is that normal for a phone with a good battery?
The warning sign couldn't be more noticeable than a pink elephant in a mini Cooper....

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Haha, yeah it works fine until it doesn't! Even if there was no recall I'd still exchange it under warranty for battery issues.

I don't have a backup phone so I'm hoping this thing can hold out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar