Anyone else have issues with the phone dropping wifi when it sleeps. I have the phone set up to have always on wifi but it still drops the wifi connection when it goes to sleep. So I am not getting any notifications until I re-open the phone and wifi reconnects. I looked around online and this has been a commonly mentioned issue with previous galaxy phones. I even tried to install one of the wifi keeper apps that others have said solves this problem but it didn't make a difference.

09-09-2016 03:45 PM
    Are you using any Battery Saving features? I've never had an issue with previous Galaxy phones (other than WiFi+BT speed issues with a Note tablet), and so far the Note 7 hasn't shown the issue you're describing. I'm using a T-Mobile unit, so if that's a bug, it might be a carrier-induced one.

Does it happen with all networks? Samsung phones DO have a track record of needing routers with updated firmwares or they will be wonky, but usually the problem would be not being able to connect, not dropping WiFi while sleeping.
    09-09-2016 03:55 PM