Im at my local water park with my kids. I pull out my note from the water proof pouch around my neck. (Because i also have money and car keys). I plop myself in the water and start texting. I feel the eyes on me .. i place the note on my knee. Too close to the water for comfort. notice about 5 or 6 adults looking my way. Decided to have some fun. I handed the phone to my 4yr old. Picked her up and dunked her. I heard a serious of omg.... Her phone... And gasps..

I grin my *** off get the phone and start snapping selfies with my minion...
    09-10-2016 02:30 PM
    I think I'd be too nervous to try.
    Delirious D and scorpiodsu like this.
    09-10-2016 02:36 PM
    Normally i would be too but already had a friend try it with the s7.
    09-10-2016 02:44 PM
    09-10-2016 02:44 PM
    Im at my local water park with my kids. I pull out my note from the water proof pouch around my neck. (Because i also have money and car keys). I plop myself in the water and start texting. I feel the eyes on me .. i place the note on my knee. Too close to the water for comfort. notice about 5 or 6 adults looking my way. Decided to have some fun. I handed the phone to my 4yr old. Picked her up and dunked her. I heard a serious of omg.... Her phone... And gasps..

Lol my aunt flipped out when my couson for the heck of it put her note 7 in the bath tub full of water. My aunt said I just paid for that phone up front and you going to destroy it? She was about to ground her and take the phone til I told her it is water resistant. My aunt was so red in the face mad I was LMAO so hard. She was ready to smack me. She has no clue when it comes to today's phones. She stuck in the old days. Just has a landline.
    09-10-2016 02:56 PM
    Lol my aunt flipped out when my couson for the heck of it put her note 7 in the bath tub full of water. My aunt said I just paid for that phone up front and you going to destroy it? She was about to ground her and take the phone til I told her it is water resistant. My aunt was so red in the face mad I was LMAO so hard. She was ready to smack me. She has no clue when it comes to today's phones. She stuck in the old days. Just has a landline.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should....just sayin...
    09-10-2016 05:13 PM
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should....just sayin...
    Lol my cousin is nuts like that. I'm not that brave😊
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-10-2016 05:25 PM
    Maybe they were worried it was going to explode sounds like fun though
    Delirious D and Ry like this.
    09-10-2016 05:41 PM
    Delirious, we sure miss that Batman shirt. Just saying.
    Delirious D and jimd1050 like this.
    09-10-2016 06:09 PM

LMAO!!!! Thats hilarious and awesome!
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-10-2016 06:20 PM
    Maybe they were worried it was going to explode sounds like fun though
    lol
    09-10-2016 06:25 PM

I can kinda understand the gasps. Samsung may have made the phone waterproof; but NO ONE has ever made a phone 4yr old proof.

Glad you had a fun day.
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-10-2016 07:05 PM
    I've washed my note 7 off in the sink. Not completely submerged but a quick rinse under the faucet.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-10-2016 07:22 PM

I like your style!........
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-10-2016 09:31 PM
    I've washed my note 7 off in the sink. Not completely submerged but a quick rinse under the faucet.
    Which the IP68 standard does not cover
    09-11-2016 12:25 AM
    Awesome! Taking advantage of that water resistance I see. 😄
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-11-2016 12:58 AM
    Nice.

On a serious No7e. Since its water resistant how do we put the fire out?
    09-11-2016 02:15 AM
    HAHAHA wish i had a mom that would buy me a phone. lol.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-11-2016 05:37 AM
    Nice.

On a serious No7e. Since its water resistant how do we put the fire out?
    hahaha
    09-11-2016 05:38 AM
    Who cares - Samsung has to take it back anyway :-)
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-11-2016 06:17 AM
    Which the IP68 standard does not cover
    How is that, when all of Samsung commercials have Lil Wayne pouring champaign on the S7 and ppl with dirty phone's rinsing them off?
    blackhemi4x4 and jimd1050 like this.
    09-11-2016 07:04 AM
    How is that, when all of Samsung commercials have Lil Wayne pouring champaign on the S7 and ppl with dirty phone's rinsing them off?
    " IP68 Protected from total dust ingress. Protected from long term immersion up to a specified pressure." and that "pressure" is static at 1.5m

Reference IP Rating Chart | DSMT.com
    09-11-2016 07:17 AM
    It will handle a dunk in the pool and faucet just fine. Lots of us have done it already. My 8 month old is always getting a slobber slower and food mixture in my N7. I always rince it off.

After seeing the teardown of this device, it will handle more than the the rating given. The faucet will not exceed the rating unless you have it on a pressurized setting shooting jets of water at it.

If it was not able to, we would be reading all the people who have tripped the water indicators.

Delirious D and Gray Area like this.
    09-11-2016 01:52 PM

A little PAYBACK from all those laughing at us for owning our exploding phones... we deserve a break now and then, don't ya' think?
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-11-2016 02:31 PM