Verizon Store not wanting to exchange note 7

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 note 7's, one from Best buy, one from Verizon (both on Verizon). I went into Best buy to exchange mine for a S7 edge and it was no issues, no questions except what color I wanted., then they gave me 150$ gift card for best buy. The next day took my wife's to the Verizon store and the first person I talked to told me it was no t necessary to exchange the note 7, the problems were limited and I should not worry. I told I still wanted to exchange it, the next person also told me I shouldn't exchange it, I asked her if she is saying I should ignore Verizon and samsung's emails and texts to turn it off immediently and return it, she said she was not saying that, but there was no need to exchange it. Finally they said ok but I had to have the original box and all accessories that came in it. This was not the case at best buy, the guy said they only needed the phone. soI had to go back home to get everything,then when I got back had to wait 45 minutes for someone to help me, and did not even look to see if it was l in the box. I don't know what Verizon employees are being told, but they are putting them selves in a legal bind for telling people not to exchange them and the phone does blowup. Be careful when going into a Verizon store to exchange, also I asked about the 25$ credit and they said I could buy something that cost more then 25$ and they will take 25$ off it, that's all they could do.:mad:

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like an extremely shady store that doesn't do things by the book. Did you check beforehand to confirm that was a Verizon corporate store you went into as opposed to one of the Verizon authorized locations? If you have other Verizon locations in your area I'd say go to one of them in the future instead of the place you dealt with. If you look on Verizon's website using your address or zipcode the ones with the red symbol are the corporate stores, and the ones with the blue dots are Verizon affiliates. Wouldn't hurt for you to pass along your experience and the address of the store you had the problem with to Verizon corporate (via the website or phone) as well as Samsung.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why the OP was treated this way. I received a text that I can double switch. Everyone I had spoken with was direct opposite...switch the device. Global recall.
I am in the edge and for a moment thought might keep. But then I went to do something only can do on the Note. Lol and am glad I can switch again.
I would call corporate customer care and let them know of the experience. This is very bad customer service.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
That is very much the opposite experience that I had at Verizon. The manager was present for the entire transaction and made sure I got my upgrade back and that I was satisfied before I left the store. I did have the box and all the accessories. Seemed to make sense to return them if I was returning the phone.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That is very much the opposite experience that I had at Verizon. The manager was present for the entire transaction and made sure I got my upgrade back and that I was satisfied before I left the store. I did have the box and all the accessories. Seemed to make sense to return them if I was returning the phone.

You should be able to take what you are using now back if u choose to get back into the Note7. This is my objective. Been told can. Received text from Verizon that I can. I have so much money wrapped up in accessories as well on the Note7

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If it was a normal return then I would agree. But this is a return due to it being defective. They would have some liability if they didn't take it back and someone got hurt... Or worse due to them not taking it back

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I exchanged my Note 7 yesterday at a Verizon Corporate Store for a Galaxy S7E and they were very helpful. They said I could exchange it for the S7E and then exchange it again when the Note 7 came in and not face any restocking fee. Only issue is they said nothing about the $25 credit, so I need to follow up on that.

daveywoodard

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My employer contacted Verizon today to see what we had to do to return/exchange 2 Note 7s we have on our corporate plan. They said because we were over the 14 day remorse time that she would have to send us over to Samsung to exchange our phones. What a joke.

Wanderist

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Same kind of experience at my Verizon store. Told me over the phone that I should hold on to the phone until the new note 7 is available and that the were NOT doing loaner phone so basically I would have to downgrade and be stuck with it.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Same kind of experience at my Verizon store. Told me over the phone that I should hold on to the phone until the new note 7 is available and that the were NOT doing loaner phone so basically I would have to downgrade and be stuck with it.
This is ridiculous! The rep I spoke with over the phone with yesterday said that a mass email with the double exchange went to everyone. She even went as far as calling my corporate store to make sure they were on the same page and they were...
Call again today, hopefully you'll get the correct response..

Bigriggy63

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous! The rep I spoke with over the phone with yesterday said that a mass email with the double exchange went to everyone. She even went as far as calling my corporate store to make sure they were on the same page and they were...
It's amazing to me that Samsung seems to have its head on straight, regarding the recall... However, all of the Carrier's have multiple diverging opinions on what needs to be done. If safety is truly the name of the game, these carriers really need to be on the same page- if not, they are opening themselves up to a world of litigation that they do not want.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case, the rep I talked to yesterday on the customer service line must not have got the memo. He told me flat out that a double exchange option is not on the table. At best, it would be exchange, then hope to get back into the Note 7 within the standard 14 day period plus restocking fee. According to him, I'd have to go directly through Samsung for the double exchange.

May call again today.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 note 7's, one from Best buy, one from Verizon (both on Verizon). I went into Best buy to exchange mine for a S7 edge and it was no issues, no questions except what color I wanted., then they gave me 150$ gift card for best buy. The next day took my wife's to the Verizon store and the first person I talked to told me it was no t necessary to exchange the note 7, the problems were limited and I should not worry. I told I still wanted to exchange it, the next person also told me I shouldn't exchange it, I asked her if she is saying I should ignore Verizon and samsung's emails and texts to turn it off immediently and return it, she said she was not saying that, but there was no need to exchange it. Finally they said ok but I had to have the original box and all accessories that came in it. This was not the case at best buy, the guy said they only needed the phone. soI had to go back home to get everything,then when I got back had to wait 45 minutes for someone to help me, and did not even look to see if it was l in the box. I don't know what Verizon employees are being told, but they are putting them selves in a legal bind for telling people not to exchange them and the phone does blowup. Be careful when going into a Verizon store to exchange, also I asked about the 25$ credit and they said I could buy something that cost more then 25$ and they will take 25$ off it, that's all they could do.:mad:

What the Verizon reps will try to get you to do is return the phone. That way when you "exchange" for a s7 it's really a device purchase and they can get the commission. Then down the road when you try to exchange for a note 7 they say sorry you only had 4 days. Be careful.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What the Verizon reps will try to get you to do is return the phone. That way when you "exchange" for a s7 it's really a device purchase and they can get the commission. Then down the road when you try to exchange for a note 7 they say sorry you only had 4 days. Be careful.
It should be 14 days. You would also need to pay restocking fee on the s7, unless they told you otherwise, and I would get it in writing.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
AT&T also requires that you return the box with the accessories, which I don't get why
But the fact they told you that you don't need to exchange is just ridiculous

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

For others in this situation, I would contact George Koroneos from Verizon PR, he wrote the information regarding the return. He told me that I could take it back without the box to a Verizon corporate store...

Contact him first, he responds pretty quickly. Then show the email to the store rep, have them contact George Koroneos personally if necessary.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rizon-preorders-start-tomorrow&token=ug9IO0bi

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to take what you are using now back if u choose to get back into the Note7. This is my objective. Been told can. Received text from Verizon that I can. I have so much money wrapped up in accessories as well on the Note7

Fortunately, I own the phone that I am using now and I was within 30 days on my accessories so I returned them. I will just buy them again if I get the Note 7 again. While the situation sucks, it didn't cost me anything other than about 30 minutes of my time. I do miss that Note though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith