Abandon row note 7 bring a note 7 s

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The US government is under no obligation to allow the "already made" Notes back into the US. My money is on them forcing more changes on Samsung. Which at this point they've lost so much money on the Note 7 they need to kill it and move on.

In other random, unsubstantiated, and paranoid comments... I think the sun will burn out in 22.34 years.

(I know you phrased it as a guess "I think" but I am sick of seeing wild comments about doom and gloom... no one knows how long, and when we post these things they seem to pop up on other threads "I saw over on XXXX thread that they could have to scrap all of the new ones". That is the root of the "they will remote brick the phones" news stories yesterday") And no, I think the government will look at Samsung's engineering homework, and pass the devices right on through. I have no proof, but I'm thinking next week for approval.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
It's a silly idea to call it the Note 7s however I bet that Samsung speeds up their timetable to come out with the Galaxy S8 in light of all of this

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It's a silly idea to call it the Note 7s however I bet that Samsung speeds up their timetable to come out with the Galaxy S8 in light of all of this

I have read this comment a number of times, that the S8 could be released earlier to help forget about all this Note 7 fiasco.

BAD IDEA!!!!

The most obvious problem is that rushing the S8 into production might lead into quality control issues, just like the Note 7. Samsung cannot afford another model of phone with a high number of serious issues.

Secondly, releasing the S8 early is counter productive. You need to give the buying public enough time to forget the Note 7. Releasing the S8 when people haven't forgotten the Note 7 is a bad move.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I still think it must be seen as a new model and by the time it's available worldwide it will take a few months.
No one yet has the new replacements so yes I realise it's going to cost millions but increase the ram or add some other internal features so all the hardware can still be used.
And print on it note 7s. Stops all the confusion re airline bans etc.
At this stage it's a total mess and I was amazed to just read a report if true that most note 7 users are changing to iPhone 7 or waiting for another phone.
It's understandable for the same price it's seems the iPhone 7 is a real challenge to the note 7 maybe better camera and great sound, better slow motion. Yes I know the areas where note 7 wins. But long term this note 7 will have very poor retail value and a stigma attached. I'm based currently in Asia which is a big Samsung stronghold I pre-ordered a long time ago. Still waiting no firm date as to when I will get the phone and frustrating for even the most loyal fans, even I'm thinking of changing. If the delay will be a couple of months away that means it's life could only be 7/9 months before note 8 comes out. Or to stop people changing and or cancelling they must announce a major decrease in price or give away more goodies or even better a 30 percent discount valid for three years to buy any new note model that samsung brings out subject to them buying a new note 7.
Samsung now must react must quicker Now.
Sorry to write so much I was so looking to revieving it I've purchased cases chargers etc.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I still think it must be seen as a new model and by the time it's available worldwide it will take a few months.
No one yet has the new replacements so yes I realise it's going to cost millions but increase the ram or add some other internal features so all the hardware can still be used.
And print on it note 7s. Stops all the confusion re airline bans etc.
At this stage it's a total mess and I was amazed to just read a report if true that most note 7 users are changing to iPhone 7 or waiting for another phone.
It's understandable for the same price it's seems the iPhone 7 is a real challenge to the note 7 maybe better camera and great sound, better slow motion. Yes I know the areas where note 7 wins. But long term this note 7 will have very poor retail value and a stigma attached. I'm based currently in Asia which is a big Samsung stronghold I pre-ordered a long time ago. Still waiting no firm date as to when I will get the phone and frustrating for even the most loyal fans, even I'm thinking of changing. If the delay will be a couple of months away that means it's life could only be 7/9 months before note 8 comes out. Or to stop people changing and or cancelling they must announce a major decrease in price or give away more goodies or even better a 30 percent discount valid for three years to buy any new note model that samsung brings out subject to them buying a new note 7.
Samsung now must react must quicker Now.
Sorry to write so much I was so looking to revieving it I've purchased cases chargers etc.
YES they do ALREADY have the replacements. One member here was already given a replacement in error from BestBuy.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Once the fixed batches are back in stock, make some of them available unlocked. I'll honestly be the first in line. I don't really want any other phone.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the plan is once all the Note 7s are recalled, Samsung and the carriers will remove all traces of the Note 7 from their sites, databases and marketing.
They'll disavow all knowledge of what was, and is the Note 7.

Next year they'll release a Note 8 and pretend like the 7 never existed.

Everyone will scratch their heads and ask, "Was it all just a bad dream?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze