Lets start with we know nothing.

But considering the 2 types of notes and if the earlier (or even if not) info was true about the manufacture location leading to different batteries and the phones made in china with the exynos may have been excluded, then maybe when they start firing off the production, would they consider pushing out more of the exynos?

That's a lot of ands, buts, maybes, woulds, and such. Just wondering if and when they start sending out the phones, would they stick to the markets for models. Sorry more its, ands and such.
    09-13-2016 10:25 AM
    They have already made the replacements and shipped them to a lot of stores..... Were just waiting on government approval here in the U.S. another Verison isn't happening
    09-13-2016 10:30 AM
    They have already made the replacements and shipped them to a lot of stores..... Were just waiting on government approval here in the U.S. another Verison isn't happening
    not sure where you got the info from?
    09-13-2016 10:40 AM
    not sure where you got the info from?
    Lmao this has been known for a while now. Replacements are in the gov I'd just blocking it for now.
    09-13-2016 10:52 AM
    I understood it as the phones made FOR China are excluded. Not the phones made IN China.
    09-13-2016 10:55 AM
    I understood it as the phones made FOR China are excluded. Not the phones made IN China.
    either way, from a construction stand point they could start making those without production changes.

still not sure i have seen anything from anyone about the new models in stores. i have read a few stories that turned out to be someone getting a recalled unit sold when it shouldnt have been. I get that the cscb is sticking there nose in.
    09-13-2016 11:15 AM
    I got information from my local AT&T Store said to call this week and they would let me know when to come get mine - now that the other group got involved it could delay it a bit
    09-13-2016 11:42 AM
    But that doesn't mean the units are in the stores waiting in gov release. for all we know samsung is going to hold these in house. what if the cscb says do this or that, then they need to ship them back and forth again.

Look I am hoping this is a done deal and if i were to walk into my local verizon store I would walk out with a shiny new note. Not that this s7e is terrible but I am looking forward to having a note 7 again. The questions was in terms of manufacturing and logistics. If Samsung needed to ramp up production and get these phones made quickly, wouldn't they start with the manufacturing process that worked, until all facilities could be fixed. So if they made 2.5 mil units and 10% for the exynos variant that may or may not be effected by this recall. They could start or continue to use that production line right away. The other means for the SD820 could be delayed for investigation and retooling, then follow inline with exynos when ready. So my question was would that mean they would send out some of the exynos to fill the void?

Again we KNOW nothing. we only have something said by someone who talked to their roomate, who ate at the diner last week with someone who may have heard that a 6 yo got burnt by samsung and deliliah.
    09-13-2016 12:03 PM