09-17-2016 03:55 PM
85 1234
tools
    Maybe they don't want potentially dangerous Note 7's in the mail?
    09-15-2016 06:40 PM
    Maybe they don't want potentially dangerous Note 7's in the mail?
    Funny you say that, backed mine up, wiped it and powered it down

Return it to the store, he turns it on, makes sure it works and leaves it on and packs it back up in the box and puts it in the back

Smart...
    09-15-2016 06:59 PM
    Funny you say that, backed mine up, wiped it and powered it down

Return it to the store, he turns it on, makes sure it works and leaves it on and packs it back up in the box and puts it in the back

Smart...
    Not surprised at all!!! Lol
    09-15-2016 07:22 PM
    Hello all,

I just received an email from Fedex with a tracking number, coming from Stericycle in Canada (company that helps with product recall)

I should receive the package tomorrow. Hope it's my safe Note 7.

Will keep you guys updated
    Did you get a call from Samsung before they sent it out or you just got the FedEx notice?
    09-15-2016 08:48 PM
    By the serial number it is not a refurbished one.

Built August 31, 2016
    I guess I am a little confused because Samsung called for its recall Sept. 2 and your build date is Aug. 31. I would have thought all replacements would have been built after Sept. 2.
    09-15-2016 08:58 PM
    By the serial number it is not a refurbished one.

Built August 31, 2016
    Can you look on the back to see where the phone was built? Thank you
    09-15-2016 09:06 PM
    No green battery icon
    Green battery icon may come thru an update. I'm just speculating though.
    09-15-2016 09:22 PM
    Green battery icon may come thru an update. I'm just speculating though.
    You got the special markings on your box? Can you post a picture?
    09-15-2016 09:26 PM
    I don't have it yet. I live in the US and they're saying we get the replacements next week the 20th.
    09-15-2016 09:32 PM
    what case is that? That's pretty nifty!
    Note7 LED View Flip Cover
    09-16-2016 01:48 AM
    ok here is what I can say, I got my box, same as other on the pictures, a black dot is the difference, both of my old and this new are made in china, I have noticed one thing !

the backup plastic protection cover was removed and was replaced, I say that because there is fingerprints and some dust when I removed the plastic cover, never had that with my brand new one, I guess it's robots that apply that, so it's supposed to be perfect with no dust between protection and phone. so I think they took all boxes and phones, they have opened the back cover, to confirm it's not a defective battery or just to confirm if the one inside is the safe one.

can we say this is refurbished product then ? I still have to decide if I get a refund or keep it !

what do you guys think ? so there is no Note 7S with the blue S on the box !
    09-16-2016 07:08 AM
    Get that app that will give you phone info like when it was built. Would they be able to take units that didn't leave the factory, replace battery and sell them as new? Also I expect it's gonna have the Snapdragon processor but just curious if you can verify please.

ok here is what I can say, I got my box, same as other on the pictures, a black dot is the difference, both of my old and this new are made in china, I have noticed one thing !

the backup plastic protection cover was removed and was replaced, I say that because there is fingerprints and some dust when I removed the plastic cover, never had that with my brand new one, I guess it's robots that apply that, so it's supposed to be perfect with no dust between protection and phone. so I think they took all boxes and phones, they have opened the back cover, to confirm it's not a defective battery or just to confirm if the one inside is the safe one.

can we say this is refurbished product then ? I still have to decide if I get a refund or keep it !

09-16-2016 07:15 AM

I would be surprised if the only way Samsung can tell which phones have which batteries is to open them up. I'm sure their manufacturing process registers which parts are each phone. I assume that if the back cover was removed it was to swap out the battery.
    09-16-2016 07:23 AM
    Did you get a call from Samsung before they sent it out or you just got the FedEx notice?
    Fedex email only
    09-16-2016 07:24 AM
    Can you look on the back to see where the phone was built? Thank you
    Built in China
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-16-2016 07:26 AM
    You got the special markings on your box? Can you post a picture?
    Black square only, and it's printed on the sticker.

Note 7 Exchange Program Canada *Updated! Replacement phone arrived!*-galaxynote7recall2.jpg
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-16-2016 07:28 AM

Mine was a new one, no fingerprints or whatsoever.
    09-16-2016 07:29 AM
    how was the phone when you removed the back plastic cover ? any dust or fingerprints ? or super clean ?
    09-16-2016 07:51 AM
    ok sorry did not see your reply, what application I need to get to see the production date ?
    09-16-2016 07:51 AM
    Made in China
    Production date : 2016.08.31
    Model : SM-N930W8
    Product Code : SM-N930WZKAXAC
    Firmware : XAC
    Bootloader/PDA/CSC : N930W8VLU1APH1
    Kernel Version : 3.18.20-8706648
    Android Version : 6.0.1
    Processor : MSM8996
    Gpu : Qualcomm Adreno 530

Can someone compare to mine ?

I guess 31 August ?? it was create before the recall no ??? I think they are giving the unit that they are sure it's not affected with the battery defect ? am I correct ?
    09-16-2016 07:57 AM
    how can we tell if we are affected by the 60% charge only ? do you think it will show up 60% or 100% but actually it's only 60% charged .. I will use it all day and see if it compare to my old one !! I
    09-16-2016 08:00 AM
    how can we tell if we are affected by the 60% charge only ? do you think it will show up 60% or 100% but actually it's only 60% charged .. I will use it all day and see if it compare to my old one !! I
    My new one has a better battery than my old one, even compared to the first day of use for each.

Mine has the same manufacturing date. I think Samsung knew about the batteries before the official recall so they started to manufacture units with the good batteries before it was public
    09-16-2016 08:11 AM
    hmm.. maybe you are right, I will start using mine today and see how the battery life is
    09-16-2016 08:17 AM
    I just insered my bell sim card, and phone did a recovery boot, bluescreen and deleted something, and then did a reboot, does someone had that ?
    09-16-2016 08:22 AM
    I just insered my bell sim card, and phone did a recovery boot, bluescreen and deleted something, and then did a reboot, does someone had that ?
    Same with mine
    09-16-2016 08:27 AM
85 1234