Note 7 Exchange Program Canada *Updated! Replacement phone arrived!*

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Exchange Program Canada *Replacement Coming?*

Does it say anything about the chargers and other accessories from the old Note? Like if you can keep them or send them back? I'm hoping we can keep it

Morgothor

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

No info in the letter, they only talk about the phone, but I have to call them about the drop off anyway, so I'll let you know.

Morgothor

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Called the exchange phone number, and they told me to call Samsung for arrangements for the drop off.....
I think it's gonna be a rough day...

Morgothor

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Samsung told me to just drop it off at my carrier store... didn't talk about any accessories or whatsoever...

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
There was another phone like this given to someone (the post was on here, maybe but it was from reddit) I thought someone looked it up and the imei turned out to be from the recalled list. It also was manufactured on 8-31-2016.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Are the Canadian replacements still Snapdragon 820 based machines? Just making sure.

Edited: Iniitally I said Exynos but all N. American units have Snapdragons and wanted to see if still the case with replacements.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Damn, now I wish I knew there was a solid way to tell if the replacements we are getting are "safe" or at the least not with the same defect! I want to check it somehow! I mean, I know Sammy can't afford 2 black eyes but I had better not receive a refurb.

Morgothor

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Carrier told me they won't take it since I did the exchange with Samsung directly, going through the loops again... Updating later...

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Carrier told me they won't take it since I did the exchange with Samsung directly, going through the loops again... Updating later...

Yup... Just taking mine back and will re order again when they come back in. Don't need this run around crap. And seeing he lost of return locations? Closest one is 45 minute away. Screw that, why do I have to fork out an hour and a half of my time and gas for this?

Morgothor

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Called back the exchange support, they said that they will contact me in 24 to 48 business hours to let know what to do next. And confirmed that I have to return the phone only.

Anyway, got my new phone... Their loss if they don't find a way.