Note 7 Exchange Program Canada *Updated! Replacement phone arrived!*

Mahdi Marmouz

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
ok here is what I can say, I got my box, same as other on the pictures, a black dot is the difference, both of my old and this new are made in china, I have noticed one thing !

the backup plastic protection cover was removed and was replaced, I say that because there is fingerprints and some dust when I removed the plastic cover, never had that with my brand new one, I guess it's robots that apply that, so it's supposed to be perfect with no dust between protection and phone. so I think they took all boxes and phones, they have opened the back cover, to confirm it's not a defective battery or just to confirm if the one inside is the safe one.

can we say this is refurbished product then ? I still have to decide if I get a refund or keep it !

what do you guys think ? so there is no Note 7S with the blue S on the box !

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Get that app that will give you phone info like when it was built. Would they be able to take units that didn't leave the factory, replace battery and sell them as new? Also I expect it's gonna have the Snapdragon processor but just curious if you can verify please.

ok here is what I can say, I got my box, same as other on the pictures, a black dot is the difference, both of my old and this new are made in china, I have noticed one thing !

the backup plastic protection cover was removed and was replaced, I say that because there is fingerprints and some dust when I removed the plastic cover, never had that with my brand new one, I guess it's robots that apply that, so it's supposed to be perfect with no dust between protection and phone. so I think they took all boxes and phones, they have opened the back cover, to confirm it's not a defective battery or just to confirm if the one inside is the safe one.

can we say this is refurbished product then ? I still have to decide if I get a refund or keep it !

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I would be surprised if the only way Samsung can tell which phones have which batteries is to open them up. I'm sure their manufacturing process registers which parts are each phone. I assume that if the back cover was removed it was to swap out the battery.

Morgothor

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Mine was a new one, no fingerprints or whatsoever.

Mahdi Marmouz

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Made in China
Production date : 2016.08.31
Model : SM-N930W8
Product Code : SM-N930WZKAXAC
Firmware : XAC
Bootloader/PDA/CSC : N930W8VLU1APH1
Kernel Version : 3.18.20-8706648
Android Version : 6.0.1
Processor : MSM8996
Gpu : Qualcomm Adreno 530

Can someone compare to mine ?

I guess 31 August ?? it was create before the recall no ??? I think they are giving the unit that they are sure it's not affected with the battery defect ? am I correct ?

Mahdi Marmouz

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
how can we tell if we are affected by the 60% charge only ? do you think it will show up 60% or 100% but actually it's only 60% charged .. I will use it all day and see if it compare to my old one !! I

Morgothor

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
how can we tell if we are affected by the 60% charge only ? do you think it will show up 60% or 100% but actually it's only 60% charged .. I will use it all day and see if it compare to my old one !! I

My new one has a better battery than my old one, even compared to the first day of use for each.

Mine has the same manufacturing date. I think Samsung knew about the batteries before the official recall so they started to manufacture units with the good batteries before it was public

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Exchange Program Canada *Replacement Coming?*

Called the exchange phone number, and they told me to call Samsung for arrangements for the drop off.....
I think it's gonna be a rough day...

Please keep us updated!

Also, side point: You live in the Québec area?! I was born there! Love that city!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I just insered my bell sim card, and phone did a recovery boot, bluescreen and deleted something, and then did a reboot, does someone had that ?

So, do you think the back was removed and the battery replaced on your replacement Note 7?
Can you see any signs under the back glass or on the edges on the back that maybe it was opened?

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
For those of you with a Note 7 made just before the recall make sure you have plenty of documentation to prove that your phone was a part of the safe batch.

If I were buying a used Note 7 and I saw an August build date, I would avoid buying that phone as I would not be comfortable knowing if it was an unreturned recalled device or not.

Mahdi Marmouz

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
it's hard to say, I see a small imperfection on top left side corner, but ... not sure ... it's clean the back tho .. but for sure the plastic was not done properly ! dust behind and it was not clean, but after a clean up, it's as new ..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12