09-16-2016 11:17 AM
55 123
tools
    Yep, if the CPSC does not agree with Samsung's data and corrective action / product isolation of units with bad cells, the S means nothing but more for the recall process.

An official recall would actually be bad, since means there is little to no confidence with Samsung's process.
    It seems odd that Samsung would start shipping out replacement units to retailers without some confirmation or approval directly from the CPSC. What if CPSC says, "Nope, we're not convinced you did enough, or we need further QC testing." What then? Get all of those "fixed" units shipped back?

Double recall? Total recall?
    09-15-2016 07:46 AM
    I think Samsung was shipping the replacements before the CPSC said hold up...
    09-15-2016 07:53 AM
    Correct.

Samsung shipped them out BEFORE the CPSC got involved.

Huge risk for Samsung. If CPSC says no good all those sitting in the Best Buy back have to be sent back to Samsung.
    09-15-2016 08:00 AM
    Wrong. The CPSC process is a known process, it follows specific rules, and I am sure that Samsung is aware. These guys are not new at these things. The CPSC will clear the new ones, and that will be it. Give it a week or so.

It seems odd that Samsung would start shipping out replacement units to retailers without some confirmation or approval directly from the CPSC. What if CPSC says, "Nope, we're not convinced you did enough, or we need further QC testing." What then? Get all of those "fixed" units shipped back?

Double recall? Total recall?
    Highly unlikely. Despite some issues, they really do know what they are doing. The CPSC doesn't do any testing themselves, they make the company do it, and Samsung was working on that for a while.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:00 AM
    My bb here and Verizon stores have them in stock. Just waiting for the go ahead but 20th is what they are hearing from the upper management. It is what it is. If they officially announce the recall Friday and have exchanges ready by Monday would be good. Or both announcement and exchange in the same day. Will find out soon enough.
    09-15-2016 08:05 AM
    I seriously hope he hear something over the next couple of days
    It took the CPSC took six months to complete its recall with hoverboards ... Let's hope this is not the trend for the Note 7.
    09-15-2016 08:22 AM
    It took the CPSC took six months to complete its recall with hoverboards ... Let's hope this is not the trend for the Note 7.
    Comparing this recall to the Hoverboard incidents are like comparing apples and tires...

toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:24 AM
    Only in the US. If every where else in the world has theirs, won't we look grand.
    Yep, if the CPSC does not agree with Samsung's data and corrective action / product isolation of units with bad cells, the S means nothing but more for the recall process.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:33 AM
    Does anyone know when the Note will start shipping for the exchange program and when they will be available for purchase?
    09-15-2016 08:36 AM
    I'm in Canada, and I received an email from Fedex yesterday.

Follow this thread, I'll keep your updated
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...nt-coming.html
    09-15-2016 08:38 AM
    I read an article earlier that Samsung may make the battery icon green indicating you have a safe device.
    09-15-2016 08:42 AM
    I read an article earlier that Samsung may make the battery icon green indicating you have a safe device.
    link to article??? this doesn't seem realistic but that is just an opinion on my part....
    09-15-2016 09:17 AM
    Does anyone know when the Note will start shipping for the exchange program and when they will be available for purchase?
    If you took the time to read almost any other thread on the board having to do with the recalls/exchanges you would have seen that the exchange phones were received by carriers and stores over a week ago, you would have seen that they are for exchange not purchase, and you would have seen that release is pending CSPC approval which no one knows how long they will take doing (could be up to six months if you go off their past history). I highly recommend you go read the other threads.

The battery icon can be different colors depending on what theme you have installed, what the power state is - full, discharging, low, etc, so a colored icon would be foolish.

Maybe the FAA will come out with some sort of sticker or card you can get once you verify your phone is safe before you board.
    Those stickers would peel off awful leaving behind a residue and paper fragments ruining the phone. I'm sure someone could come up with something better.
    R2D2 631 likes this.
    09-15-2016 09:22 AM
    I have been calling at&t and they have absolutely no idea when they will have replacements yet. They say they're waiting for Samsung.
    09-15-2016 09:31 AM
    Comparing this recall to the Hoverboard incidents are like comparing apples and tires...

Actually I think this might be worse than the hover boards.

I dont remember if any of the hover boards actually burnt down houses and cars?

If its true the Note 7 did with these repots will be much worse than hover boards.
    09-15-2016 10:18 AM
    link to article??? this doesn't seem realistic but that is just an opinion on my part....
    'Safe' Galaxy Note 7s may use a different battery icon http://www.androidcentral.com/safe-g...t-battery-icon
    SpaceJamzz likes this.
    09-15-2016 10:21 AM
    Today I was watching the today news show I don't really care for that program, but they showed this dude's car on fire and he said his Galaxy S7 caught on fire they also specified it was not a note 7 it was an s7.

They also said the fire department had not yet reached the conclusion of what started the fire, and there is also now a teacher who claims her s7 blew up while she was at a cafe, hopefully this doesn't cause more delays.
    09-15-2016 10:37 AM
    Today I was watching the today news show I don't really care for that program, but they showed this dude's car on fire and he said his Galaxy S7 caught on fire they also specified it was not a note 7 it was an s7.

They also said the fire department had not yet reached the conclusion of what started the fire, and there is also now a teacher who claims her s7 blew up while she was at a cafe, hopefully this doesn't cause more delays.
    Imagine if they recalled all Samsung phones. Not only would it destroy them, BUT the country and other countries at a whole would have major functioning issues since samsung phones are so widely used by the population, government agencies, etc. That would basically leave us with Iphones and Apple would be a total monopoly.
    09-15-2016 10:42 AM

I wish these people would stop trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. The media twist stuff all the time. A few weeks ago the local news was going door to door trying to get people to interview for a news story on the nearby police gun range. Being pro gun we declined to do one. They will edit and twist your words to fit their sensationalized news.
    09-15-2016 10:43 AM
    I wish these people would stop trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. The media twist stuff all the time. A few weeks ago the local news was going door to door trying to get people to interview for a news story on the nearby police gun range. Being pro gun we declined to do one. They will edit and twist your words to fit their sensationalized news.
    Some of the cases to me seem kinda suspect also, I'm not saying all of them but some of just seem like people trying to cash in.
    Jona005 and From A Buick 8 like this.
    09-15-2016 10:47 AM
    Best Buy in my area already had the replacements since last week. They just aren't allowed to release it.
    09-15-2016 10:58 AM

Actually its like comparing hoverboards and phones. A phone recall is a much more dangerous and widespread issue than a toy.
    09-15-2016 11:01 AM
    Wrong. The CPSC process is a known process, it follows specific rules, and I am sure that Samsung is aware. These guys are not new at these things. The CPSC will clear the new ones, and that will be it. Give it a week or so.

Highly unlikely. Despite some issues, they really do know what they are doing. The CPSC doesn't do any testing themselves, they make the company do it, and Samsung was working on that for a while.
    Actually that is not totally accurate. CPSC does not do testing, BUT, they source it out to a "third party lab"

So they will have another lab BESIDES Samsung do some testing.

This info is on the CPSC website.
    09-15-2016 11:03 AM
    I think that until Samsung and CPSC openly report that an extremely high percentage of recalled Note 7s have been removed from the wild, the advisories and warnings not to charge or use Note 7s on public transportation will stand.

Making the replacements widely available is not the issue. Its restoring the confidence of the regulatory agencies and public that the danger of exploding batteries almost non-existent.

Of course they wont get 100% of the units back because someone will want to hold on to a "piece of history."

But since there were like 2,000,000+ devices released, let's say 100 of them might not make their way back which is like .00005.

So if Samsung re-releases 2,000,000+ safe Note 7s, the percentage of faulty devices in the wild will continue to shrink.

Samsung should say something like, "It is with great confidence, we can say that .00005 of devices may pose an issue."

I think everything is gonna be ok.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-15-2016 11:15 AM
    the replacement should be known as note8.

I highly doubt airlines will be checking everyone's phone one by one.
    yep, try following this trick http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...users-lol.html
    09-15-2016 12:23 PM
55 123