Is a replacement Note 7 even possible at this point???

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
First statement, I know nothing more than anyone else. This is pure speculation.

Standard recall process, product gets recalled, product is fixed, product is rolled back out, right? That makes sense... But there's a logical flaw here. The Galaxy Note 7 is getting BANNED from places like certain airlines or air travel in countries. This is a fact. When you get your new Note 7, it will have a S sticker on the box telling you it is fixed... So... How does Jim from Delta Airlines who is checking you in know that YOUR Note 7 is indeed a fixed one and not just one you held over?

This just actually popped in my head. I WANT a Note 7 back and was a preorder-er of the phone and took it back the first Monday after recall and am unhappy as the rest of us... but... Is it possible with what's happening around the world?

What do you guys think?

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I think the word ban has been overused/misused in many cases regarding the phone. Personally, I think the period between recall and replacement hasn't been all that long (even though it does seem much longer) as I realize I exchanged my Note 7 for an S7E just 11 days ago. I also think that outside of forums such as this that it doesn't seem half as urgent of an issue as it does to people like you and I. As for what happens long-term, we can only guess.

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The phone hasn't been BANNED anywhere. If it was banned than the device wouldn't be allowed on a plane or on the NYC subway system in any way. Places have said don't use it but nothing has said BANNED as you boldly typed.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
There's rumor going around that Samsung will disable all unreturned Note 7's on September 30th. That seems to be the only option to ensure all Note 7's used after that are safe.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There's rumor going around that Samsung will disable all unreturned Note 7's on September 30th. That seems to be the only option to ensure all Note 7's used after that are safe.
Samsung already explicitly said the thread would not do that

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
In Asia many airlines make announcements addressed to note 7 users not to use their phone. I think this will be a mess of confusion. I think Samsung must disable all original note 7s

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The phone hasn't been BANNED anywhere. If it was banned than the device wouldn't be allowed on a plane or on the NYC subway system in any way. Places have said don't use it but nothing has said BANNED as you boldly typed.
I thought all of Indian air travel, for atleast one, has indeed banned the phone from being used. My dad was on a flight where they said they were going to be asking customers to give them their phones if they found them to be charging a Note 7... So, while that's anedoctal, it's still something.

And yes, it is early in the process... It was just a wondering.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Shhh! Logic does not help the hysteria bandwagon. The media will give you "7" demerits ;)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Being asked not to use the Note 7 on the NYC subway as well. I think they may have to rebrand the replacements.

Simply changing the name and slightly marketing changes, people are going to know it's the same device still and will know why it was renamed. Dumb move. IMO release the replacements and the phone as is. Sales are tanked, and will just have to move onto next year.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
In a Best Buy store tonight helping a friend get set up on a S 7 (magnificent phone!). Took over an hour with technical details.......stuck up a extended conversation with the manager of the mobile desk.......

Showed him my Note 7 and joked my phone was "the bomb"....and inquired about the Note 7 situation....as an informed Android Central member, I told him the replacement Note 7 's must have been already shipped by Samsung to stores but awaiting CSPC approval for release .........

.........AND HE SAID ....."THEY ARE HERE....NOW
.........IN INVENTORY......IN THE BACK......WE ARE WAITING FOR GOVERNMENT APPROVAL TO RELEASE THEM"

I thought he may have misunderstood me, and he said no, he knew all about the recall, that they had recently received the replacement Note 7's, but we're not releasing pending government green light ......

I joked him to just let one slip into my hands......

They are here !!!!!!

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: The replacements are among us!!!

The Best Buy in Boynton Beach got them last Saturday too. I got mine at originally at Verizon so no word on when they will get it. :(

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

In a Best Buy store tonight helping a friend get set up on a S 7 (magnificent phone!). Took over an hour with technical details.......stuck up a extended conversation with the manager of the mobile desk.......

Showed him my Note 7 and joked my phone was "the bomb"....and inquired about the Note 7 situation....as an informed Android Central member, I told him the replacement Note 7 's must have been already shipped by Samsung to stores but awaiting CSPC approval for release .........

.........AND HE SAID ....."THEY ARE HERE....NOW
.........IN INVENTORY......IN THE BACK......WE ARE WAITING FOR GOVERNMENT APPROVAL TO RELEASE THEM"

I thought he may have misunderstood me, and he said no, he knew all about the recall, that they had recently received the replacement Note 7's, but we're not releasing pending government green light ......

I joked him to just let one slip into my hands......

They are here !!!!!!

I am in AZ. No word yet. I want mine!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

A T-Mobile Customer Care rep told me on Sunday that they "heard the phones may be in this week." I took it with a grain of salt of course and didn't even mention anything here so as not to get anyone's hopes up.

I'll take what this Best Buy associate said with another grain of salt but I must admit it has me hoping.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

A T-Mobile Customer Care rep told me on Sunday that they "heard the phones may be in this week." I took it with a grain of salt of course and didn't even mention anything here so as not to get anyone's hopes up.

I'll take what this Best Buy associate said with another grain of salt but I must admit it has me hoping.
This isn't the first time someone has said this...a couple of posters from different locations confirm best buy has the revised versions with the s sticker on them....But now that's not the probelm they need to be approved ...Samsung has 2 days before they are seriously gonna bleeding customers now that the iPhone 7 will be officially out ..

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

This isn't the first time someone has said this...a couple of posters from different locations confirm best buy has the revised versions with the s sticker on them....But now that's not the probelm they need to be approved ...Samsung has 2 days before they are seriously gonna bleeding customers now that the iPhone 7 will be officially out ..

Yeah, part of the reason I didn't get excited by what the T-Mobile rep said is knowing that with the government involved, there's no telling how long it'll take before the replacements are released. I wonder if there's some mechanism for expediting the release given the urgency of the situation to both consumers and Samsung. The conspiracy theorist in me can't help but wonder if Apple is exerting whatever influence it has to drag this thing out.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site

My local BB only got in 4 blue and 4 blacks on 9/10. They can not release them because the imei #'s are frozen. The carriers can't release the imei #'s until the CPSC says it ok. I'm sure they are still getting in the new replacements since I checked on Sat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12