09-22-2016 06:01 PM
76 1234
tools
    Hear, hear. Samsung is offering us a $25 discount to stay on board? After the inconvenience and doubts they've caused. It sure doesn't look to me that they're as sorry as their CEO said today on video. Cut me a real bargain, and I might not jump to the IPhone 7+. $25 is an insult.
    What kinda freebies are you looking for? Did your phone explode in your house, car or hands?

Cause those are the ones I'd hope Samsung takes good care of.
    Preach2k and Jude526 like this.
    09-16-2016 09:49 PM
    Hear, hear. Samsung is offering us a $25 discount to stay on board? After the inconvenience and doubts they've caused. It sure doesn't look to me that they're as sorry as their CEO said today on video. Cut me a real bargain, and I might not jump to the IPhone 7+. $25 is an insult.
    They did provide a refund if you turned in your defective n7 and got a loaner at no charge while waiting on the replacement
    mmsean likes this.
    09-16-2016 09:55 PM
    Someone died from using a note 7?my God this is getting worse and worse
    09-16-2016 10:08 PM
    When?
    09-16-2016 10:11 PM
    This whole thread is littered with people that are so self-entitled that oh my gosh the world coming to an end because I have to exchange my phone what about me give me free stuff not the price off its ridiculous
    Carlo Villa, RobertP1 and jsk0703 like this.
    09-16-2016 10:12 PM
    Expect replies of how Nokia declined after that and how Samsung will follow the same trend. Lol.
    Nokia's problema were much broader, on a immense scale, Nokia's balance sheet was weak (cash reserves for Samsung currently 21 billion), and their business portfolio was not remotely comparable to Samsung diversification.

Samsung will be fine
    soulsmilen and Carlo Villa like this.
    09-16-2016 10:12 PM
    I don't feel let down Samsung will recover from this. I do think though they jumped the gun to get their great device launched before Apple. Historically Samsung's launch has always been after Apple.
    This probably caused the lack of safety inspection. Just my opinion.
    Am sure this has been a lesson well learned. I am not making accusations.
    I am a very long time Samsung consumer and will continue my loyalty.
    09-16-2016 10:19 PM
    I don't feel let down Samsung will recover from this. I do think though they jumped the gun to get their great device launched before Apple. Historically Samsung's launch has always been after Apple.
    This probably caused the lack of safety inspection. Just my opinion.
    Am sure this has been a lesson well learned. I am not making accusations.
    I am a very long time Samsung consumer and will continue my loyalty.
    I feel the same way. I am switching to the V20 due to all this but it's not because I wrote off Samsung.. It's just with all this going on and it being a close release I'd like to try LG again. It's been awhile and I like to try a lot of phones.
    09-16-2016 10:21 PM
    That's right, here in the U.S. there are 300 million guns, you have a better chance of getting hit by a bullet that your phone "exploding" in your purse.
    That's a silly comparison
    09-17-2016 12:02 AM
    That's a silly comparison
    Just as silly about your note7 exploding.
    09-17-2016 04:01 AM
    90 people a DAY die from guns in America.... Let's recall them!!
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-18-2016 07:35 AM
    09-18-2016 07:44 AM
    Samsung goofed up and is fixing the problem. If you were a fan before you should still be a fan
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-18-2016 07:52 AM
    I'm perfectly happy with my Note 7... Unless you're one of the . 001% who has had their battery exclude, I don't see what there is to be left down by.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-18-2016 07:59 AM
    I feel the same way. I am switching to the V20 due to all this but it's not because I wrote off Samsung.. It's just with all this going on and it being a close release I'd like to try LG again. It's been awhile and I like to try a lot of phones.
    My wife and I had LG G2s. Then her G2 had the display start jumping around, she got a G3 via early edge. Some months later my G2 started aching up and I got a G4. Almost a year later it suffered the bootloop problem and was replaced under warranty. We liked the phones but they seem trouble prone so we now have Note 7s.

Our Notes do not seem to be affected by the battery defect. Hopefully we will not have problems with the replacements.
    09-18-2016 08:56 AM
    I'm not feeling let down by Samsung. Actually, I thought that they responded quickly to the problem. What I do feel is anxious to get a Note 7 back.
    amyf27, Carlo Villa and RobertP1 like this.
    09-18-2016 09:02 AM
    this is a false statement.
    shaleem and Carlo Villa like this.
    09-18-2016 02:01 PM
    Went in to my T-Mobile store today to give back my Note 7. They were willing to give me a phone as a loaner but decided to get the Galaxy S7 Edge instead. I saved a few bucks and got an amazing phone. Very happy with T-Mobile and Samsung
    09-19-2016 07:59 PM
    Went in to my T-Mobile store today to give back my Note 7. They were willing to give me a phone as a loaner but decided to get the Galaxy S7 Edge instead. I saved a few bucks and got an amazing phone. Very happy with T-Mobile and Samsung
    You did not want a new Note7?
    09-20-2016 05:41 AM
    You did not want a new Note7?
    I was a little underwhelmed with the Note 7. It was a great phone but I love the Edge. I am not a huge S-Pen user, so it didn't make a lot of sense to me. It is a great phone and Samsung and T-Mobile were great
    09-22-2016 03:07 PM
    I was a little underwhelmed with the Note 7. It was a great phone but I love the Edge. I am not a huge S-Pen user, so it didn't make a lot of sense to me. It is a great phone and Samsung and T-Mobile were great
    If they refunded your charge card I would watch it carefully. They botched my return up and never refunded my card and now I have to wait longer while it gets sorted out.
    09-22-2016 03:33 PM
    I considered leaving but decided to stay with the Note7. With the iPhone 7 having the hiss gate issue and the 7p manufacturing problems it shows nobody is perfect.
    09-22-2016 03:47 PM
    I'm sorry but there are people who say Samsung have done the right thing by their customers and held their hands up and admitted to their mistakes and protected their customers by recalling the Note 7. Well, I'm sure they're right, I'm sure it wasn't because Samsung was desperate not to have a fatality on their hands which would cause irreparable damage to their reputation and seriously hurt their sales and send their shareholders packing. I'm pretty sure they did it to protect us. More like they cocked up QC on the Note 7 risking sending dangerous devices out to their customers to beat iPhone 7 to the market!

I own the Note 7 I picked up my replacement today which is better than my old one, but I feel let down by Samsung, the company I've been with since the Omnia i900.
    09-22-2016 05:11 PM
    I considered leaving but decided to stay with the Note7. With the iPhone 7 having the hiss gate issue and the 7p manufacturing problems it shows nobody is perfect.
    Yes, but hissgate won't hurt anybody, so it's hard to compare that to an exploding phone. Yes, they are both quality issues, but because the N7's battery issue is also a saftey issue, it puts the problem in a different league.
    09-22-2016 05:46 PM
    A lot of people are just switching to new carriers. Because of this the Note 7 will be their first phone for the new carrier. That means no second phones to use as backups. My family had just switched from Verizon to Sprint. Yes I still have my Galaxy S4 but it can't be used on Sprint. Because Sprint and Version don't use the same networks and bands it will be impossible to use my old phone on Sprint. The other carriers use GSM...
    09-22-2016 05:50 PM
76 1234