Feeling let down by Samsung on the Note 7?

jjj651

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I am let down only because this is my first Android phone since 2010. But it is what it is. I'll stick with the note 7

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I bought an s7 edge today. I'll see what the Edge 8 offers in spring, if not I will wait until the next Note then.

One thing I learned is to never pre order again and wait at least a month to see what kind of kinks these phones have.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought an s7 edge today. I'll see what the Edge 8 offers in spring, if not I will wait until the next Note then.

One thing I learned is to never pre order again and wait at least a month to see what kind of kinks these phones have.

I wait even longer than that.. 😉

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm let down more by the company then the phone .....Great phone and everything I want in a device with future proof features just poor Quality control....

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't necessarily feel let down by Samsung, but rather by the whole experience. This was the first pre-order I've been through, and my first Note. I had been looking forward to this phone for quite some time. I disliked Samsung for quite a while, but took a chance on the S7 Edge and loved how much Samsung, and Android had come along in the last couple of years. So much so that I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Note. After having this phone for almost a month and faced with finding something else, I am quite disillusioned.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't necessarily feel let down by Samsung, but rather by the whole experience. This was the first pre-order I've been through, and my first Note. I had been looking forward to this phone for quite some time. I disliked Samsung for quite a while, but took a chance on the S7 Edge and loved how much Samsung, and Android had come along in the last couple of years. So much so that I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Note. After having this phone for almost a month and faced with finding something else, I am quite disillusioned.

I understand completely.. Many people are.

I've been in Android since almost the beginning and you can get wrapped up in not being sure easy enough when your having a major issue with your phone, some more so than others depending on how vital it is to you.

My good wife always says " Everything for a reason" and in this instance having it happen now this early could in the end be the best thing for everybody.. What if this would have happened 6 months from now?

I really feel this is a wake up call to a lot of people.. Always have a back up phone for starters.. Even a cheap one, and never pre order new phones... Let others jump in blind.. While it's easy to buy into the hype about new phones before they come out I learned my lesson well on past mistakes and refuse to do that anymore. I've even stood in lines to get the latest great thing.. I'm not disillusioned by Samsung.. Not in the least since they are in it for the money... They all are.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Love my note7. Gonna return it Saturday. I have no problem waiting for it to come back. It's awesome. Just worried about the loan phone I'll receive while I wait :S

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel let down by Samsung. This could have happened to any manufacturer. They are doing everything they can to right the ship. Recalling 2.5 million phones and replacing them is no easy task. This whole thing is Samsung's fault and they will pay the price. I believe they will take care of their customers and I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about pre-ordering in the future, unless there are exclusive offers, but don't feel let down, just a little irritated. I will not just have a backup phone just in case something happens. That means I would have to buy a backup phone in case of an emergency. If something happens, there's insurance and the option at that time to buy another phone.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am still a Samsung fan, since this happened I have looked at every single Android phone out there (which I haven't done in awhile) I still can't find anything that will measure up to the Note for me, ...No I'm not going into the Apple ecosystem when it comes to phones. I am not disappointed, rather learned a valuable lesson, is to keep a back up phone....n I think if I do get the Note 7 again it will be a keeper as my back up, I tried to see if the new Pixel XL from Google would be a back up, that danm thing looks like its from the '90....lol. I am still gonna do the preorder thing, I can't help my PGism when it comes to Note phones....😁

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The best part of this whole process for me is that since I returned my Note 7 to Best Buy as soon as the recall was announced was that I started using my Nexus 6P again once I updated it to nougat it really is a great phone. Now whether I get another Note 7 or not is not an easy question since I have been without it for a little while now.

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Samsung make great products and now I'll wait for my new phone and maybe another gift from them for our Inconvenience.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes, this can and does happen to a lot of large companies.

However I am let down by Samsung's handling of the recall. They tried doing a soft recall which ended up costing (US) consumers about a week until the CPSC got involved, and now the lack of any communication just leads to further frustration and FUD among Note 7 owners and wannabe owners. I do believe that Samsung is not capable of handling a recall of this magnitude as demonstrated by their poor PR skills thus far.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I thought that Samsung was handling it well at first; they investigated quickly and did the very hard thing, recalled a flagship. I was willing to give them a lot of slack.

But watching this recall take shape, I'm a bit concerned. I'm not fully convinced that Samsung could not have done the exchange themselves with a valid proof of purchase, instead of making people go through their original seller. This has made things complicated for some, especially those who bought on eBay, etc. (and yes, I know that folks who buy on eBay take more risks than others, but if this is truly a safety recall then they should make it very easy to return).

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I ordered an iphone 7 because I need a backup phone plus I want something different, my note 4 is getting up there in age now. After doing tons of research and looking at the whole selection of phones IM convinced the note 7 is the king of the mountain overall. If they get this mess straightened out and I can walk into the store and buy one I will pick one up in a couple of months or so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power